Posts by Klappy

I just finished building a Greenboy fEarful "12/6/1 cube" cabinet for my Kemper and thought I'd share my results. My goal was to have a FRFR cabinet that was suitable for guitar, but could also handle enough low end for bass at a real gig. I think this cabinet meets these goals pretty well. If you aren't familiar with fEarful, they are designed to handle super low-end very cleanly and are favored a lot by bassists who use low B and even low F# tunings. Don't let the single 12" fool you. It's rated for 533W (conservatively compared to commercial offerings). If you play bass or low-tuned guitars, it's definitely worth checking out. It's brown-note ready. :)

http://greenboy.us/fEARful/

I built mine as a 3-way with the "True Xover" crossover designed for flatter frequency response than the older 3-way system geared towards bass only. I suspect though that even the 2-way with the simpler crossover might even work well for guitars since it rolls off at around 5KHz IIRC. I just decided to go full range for more versatility. My build cost around $650. They can also be purchased from authorized builders for around 2x that. A <5KHz 2-way would also be significantly cheaper. The "cube" size fits the rack head, but there is also a taller narrower version that would look great under a toaster.

Hi all, new user here. I've had the KPA for about 2 weeks now and I'm loving it!

I had the same idea about tags myself, so I searched the forum a bit to see if it was proposed before. IMHO, the bass/guitar tag and favorite tag can be replaced with non-exclusive, user definable tags. For example, mine would be:

1. Flatwound bass
    2. Crunch bass
    3. Clean guitar
    4. Crunch guitar
    5. Lead guitar
    6. Atmospheric

In other words, these are sort of a more specific type of "favorite". This would make browsing through sounds at rehearsal much quicker.

Other folks can have:

1. Song 1
    2. Song 2...

1. Band 1
    2. Band 2...

1. Studio
    2. Live...

1. Strat
    2. Les Paul...

The use of custom tags would allow many different ways to organize sounds beyond the binary like/dislike or bass/guitar. I also want to stress the non-exclusive nature of these tags. For example, I'd want to be able to tag a profile as being good for a strat AND a Les Paul or for Flatwound bass AND clean guitar. A good Marshall sound can be used for metal, country, bass, classic rock, etc. Having to choose a single exclusive tag from a list of 4 or 5 wouldn't do me much good.

I know about performance mode, and I've already made two Bass performances with some bass amps, but I now have about 100 different amps that I like for bass. And not all of them are tagged as "bass". I'd like an easy way to step through this subset of all my profiles.

No worries. I just bought 5 different bass rigs from you. They are quite good and I expect to get a lot of use out of them. I've been a bass player for 30 years and haven't encountered many of those old 60s/70s British amps. It was a nice surprise.

I'm pretty new to the KPA. What is the issue with direct profiling? This is of interest to me since I will likely be using many of my profiles live with a bass cabinet. I'll have the speaker profiles disabled.

Sorry about the late reply I didn't get a notification... just seen it now.
    The bass pack will be migrated but this means we will need to make new profiles from the ground up so it will take some time. We have migrated the AV4B (Ampeg V4) and yesterday just added a new T&B Mk3 B (Selmer Treble & Bass).

Any progress on this? I'd like to purchase them when they are ready.