Posts by smalltornados

Disappointed. The sounds are okay, but the mic's used are a 57 and 421 mix, which I've always found to be a bit brash sounding. It does frustrate me when information like this isn't available until after you've bought the pack. Laziness on the web admin side of things, which is a shame.

Sorry they didn't hit for you the same way mate. Guess it's just down to personal preference for each of us. My main thing with any base profile is a clarity n presence from the off then I feel I have a solid base to work from. I find with a lot of profiles I need to tinker quite a bit with the low n high cut on the cab distortion sense and definition etc, to get to where I want, get rid of some wooly ness or "remove the blanket" as some describe it. It's what works to my ears with my guitars. With these I will still go in and refine a little for preference and for a mix but the base tone was pretty close from the off for me on a surprising number from this pack. As I say no right or wrong just different flavours for different folks.

The JCM 800 pack is absolutely top class. the demo's don't deceive at all. Bought to try, as, for the (ridiculously low) $7.50 it wasn't much risk for a profiler I hadn't tried before. Honestly these are up there with the best Marshall tones i've heard come out my Kemper, (and I own a lot). Pure rock bliss, and the few clean and low gain tones included are superb as well. Seriously up there with the best packs I've bought in the last few years. Proved by the fact that after an hour of playing and barely tweaking anything, I was back on your site happily stumping up for the Small box.

Can't wait to try those out tomorrow.

So post man flu (distorted guitars a no go) thoughts on this pack.
    I've personally found the fuzz to be one of the weaker effects on the Kemper, never really been able to bond with the internal options.
    Have to say this pack has reinvigorated my love for the Muff! The ones paired with the overdrives are the stand outs for me, the Flux Drive with the Black Russian sounds huge n thick, the Oxblood works great with the Green Muff and my personal favourites are the Oxblood and the ts9 with the V4 Muff Pi. OB for that ballsy Distillers type tone and ts9 great for that West coast punk stuff.
    Tones are full and rich but retain string clarity and definition and they sustain for days especially with the distortion and compressor engaged.
    In short they just put a big smile on my face n make me wanna play loud.

This pack has to be one of the biggest "no brainer" purchases available anywhere in Kemperland. The version 1 was worth the cost alone. Now being up at version 21 is frankly staggering value for money. The quality started great but somehow still manages keep improving and finding new variances in the sound. Your commiment to your customers is truly awesome. Thank you.

Ive finally had the time to really delve into this pack n thought i'd share my thoughts. Safe to say I really, really like this pack both for quality and variety. While I love my tube amp gain, pedals definately offer you a different flavour, and the seven pedals on offer here each have their own distinct taste. Now first off your not gonna get lush expansive cleans like Tone Junkie or Selah sounds( although the pedal base tones are good and take external pedals very nicely indeed). Your also not gonna get brutal tight metal like deadpan or sinmix can provide. What you do get is a rich variety of drive n distortion tones running through from driven blues, indie n punk to classic, hard n heavy rock with pinch harmonics jumping off the board with ease. The tones are full and clear, and react well to rolling off the guitar volume n picking lighter for a break up type sound. I've found a little extra on presence and a touch of space yielded really nice results too. There's barely any hiss audible and only on one of the precision drive profiles did I feel any benefit from a noise gate. I think for anyone who likes the tonal variety of drive pedals this pack is definately worth checking out. There was a free four profile sample pack which if it's still available is a no brainer to try out. The full pack obviously covers a much wider array of pedal gain tones and I'm continuing to have a lot of fun exploring its range of possibilities. I have lots of high quality packs from pretty much all of the go to guys in the profile market and I think these more than hold their own. For a first venture into profiling I have to say I'm more than impressed with the quality on offer, very good work Mr Cooper.

Thanks for the rig Michael, really really good has some serious balls. Full fat rock sound to die for. The space works so well, and the distortion throws it into metal territory without compromising the tone as so often happens. Top drawer!

Welcome to the forum Bob, its a really good freindly community. I've really enjoyed the profiles of yours I've tried so far and looking forward to getting stuck into the rest when i get back from chilling in the highlands.

Yeah mate, Fender amps haven't really been the ones I've tended to gravitate towards as much as some others, but thought I'd give it a go. Soon as i plugged my alt T in with the first profile it just fit like a glove, pure joy. Look forward to spending some time with the update when I get back home on Thurs.

Sometimes you just get a pack that hits the spot. Had a good few hours with this pack but so far i've only got through half a dozen profiles, as each time I load one up with my Tele I'm enjoying it so much I just play for an age and forget my usual curiosity for jumping to the next one and the next one. Sure sign that it's got something a bit special. Right up there with the very best in my honest opinion.

Have to agree with Stratocaster, this pack really is the cream of the crop when it comes to range n variety. Everything from glorious clean, through edge of break up to thick crunch, full on rock n even top notch metal.
    I've got a lot of quality packs from many great sellers but this covers so much ground and does it all so well it is really very very hard to beat. Excellent work Mr M, truly!