Posts by REHO

I do use a couple of ext stomp boxes in B (A is my compressor). But I'm using a mini effect GIZMO (RJM) to select them individually as needed. I do also use RJM Mastermind GT16 instead of Kemper remote and in front of my Kemper, I've Fulltone Wah and a FreqOut. Regarding FX / modulation, I'm quite happy with build in delays and reverbs. They do their job very well. I'm struggling a little bit to get a nice Chorus as well as a Flanger, but luckely, I do have to use not too often as I'm playing just Rock Covers

BTW any advices how to achieve a good chorus sound like TC or good Flanger like the Harman Analog Flanger are well appriciated.

Master Stereo out into a spliiter - one signal line (L/R) to FOH, this other one (L/R) into my mixer for my INear system. Imprtant is, that you carefully figure out the output leve to FOH - does sound massive :)
    I've just set everything to -20dB and adjusted all sounds (performances) according to this level.

I will also be important, if you 're using a digitial FOH mixer, which cannot not deal with too much gain vs an analog mixer.
    I would recommend to set your Main out e.g. to -20dB and than get the inout gain level adjusted (carefully) at the Mixer.

@SQUAREHEAD - I had similar issues, so some trouble to get a good sound into my ears even my FOH sound was just amazing. My solution is to use a splitter - e.g. Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro , which is 8 channel splitter/Mixer (at Thomann €99,--). I'm running my Kemper main outs (stereo) into my Behringer and from there the split signal into FOH. I also run my monitor signal into my Behringer (without my Guitar). In Behringer, I do my (stereo) mix, which does go into my Sennheiser G300. I'm using Stage Diver 4 . Since I've done the 100€ invest into the splitter/mixer, I'm very happy with my sound :) (and don't give a shit how the guitar does sound thorugh the monitor mix anymore, haha)

@docmidnite - how does the ambiance processor work? I've already a Sennheiser ew300 system + stagediver sd-4 inears. Does it need to get somehow connected with the inear system?

I've tried quite some different systems to get a inear sound, whcih I can live with. My Kemper Main outs (stereo) runs first into a behringer Ultralink Pro, which is a splitter and Mixer. From the Behringer, it does go direct in FOH. The other "copy" + the monitor signal (without my guitar) is mixed in Behringer - from this main out, the signals runs stereo into my InEar system. Since I'm running my setup like this, I do feel much more comfortable. But there is still the ambience portion, I wanna get into it.

Hey @magentix,I have and use the ACS life ambiance processor and yes, it works! If the band/the ambiance is roomloud just turn it down! :)

We do play silent since a while - so using eDrum, Kemper (me on Git) , Line6 (our other Git) and TC Electonics(Bass). FOH is X32.
    All on IEM. I figured out, that the biggest challenge for me was to get a trust to the sound and also a good mix to feel good and comfortable during playing.
    We have now installed an X18air with splitters to have an indepedant monitor sound for everybody.

I've found my way to get the sound I need:
    I'm using a Behringer Ultranet Pro MX882, which is a mixer/splitter. The main outs (stereo) are connected with my Sennheiser EW300, my IEM are stage-diver SD-4.
    From my Kemper, I run my stereo out into the splitter before the signal goes to FOH. I also run my mono Monitor Mix signal from X18 into my Behringer + a kopie of the FOH main out (stereo) signal into my Behringer as well. This allows/provides me all options I need to mix on my Behringer extactly the sound, I want.
    Might sound a little bit unusual, but with an investment of about 110€ for the Behringer, I get what I want.

I've not tried these myself yet, but I have a couple of friends who absolutely swear by the SmoothHound System. Seems a good price too.

http://www.smoothhound-innovat…EoUIjCjL10GzQHRoC5Irw_wcB

have 2 of them - no drops, but the sender is a bit wiggly and sensitive, especially if you have to switch guitars.
    Live, I'm using Shure GLXDD6, now - bit more solid and no drops. If faced with an wifi interference (channel overlapping), you can just switch to another channel.

Please be aware - if using 2.4GHz Band in an area with "non-wifi interferers" like Bluetooth, Microwave, motion detectors ... you might suck anyway unless you are eliminating the interferer source.

Hi All,
    since I'm a Kemper user for a while now, I wanna also start to use it for recording stuff. I've an apollo Twin USB audiointerface. When I connect my Kemper (main outputs via XLR into Apollo, the sound is just clipping, even if reducing input gain to min. What do I do wrong here? There is a optical SPDIF/ADAT input on my Apollo as well. Kemper has SPDIF in/out. Would it work just to connect Kemper SPDIF out to Apollo SPDIF in? What kind of cable to I need? One side optical plug, other side SPDIF plug?

sorry for this trivial question, but never tried this, more familiar with "old school" way.

@dallasclemyck
    The comp, Kemper has build in actually works fine. I've dialed in a few external stomps like FC FatBoost, a modded Boss BD, and (actually) a Suhr Riot dist using Pre-Effect loop. I'm using a RJM MiniEffectGizmo, which I assigned to Stomp B, so right after my Stop A, which is the interal Comp. This works fine, the Gizmo using MidiCC to dial in the pedal you have choosen.
    Finally, the build boost and dist and fuzz is ok - just matter of taste. I figured out, my config does provide a bit more flexibilty as I can change my external stomp boxes if I want.