Posts by Sorrelity

I'm selling my Kemper in craigslist and someone offered $1600. This is the non powered head. Used but in mint condition. And this is $1600 Canadian. Is this a fair price for this man to pay? Ot should I sell for higher. I bought it for about $2400 Canadian from a German seller.

I'm not sure what you mean by reamp, but I'm just pissed because I spent $2500 to buy this thing thinking that I would get the tones I want, the ones I see in all the videos and sound clips of other people playing, but instead it gives me a muffled down very digital sound for the most part on every tone. Every single clean tone sounds the same, literally every one. The distortion is the one that sounds muffled down, I don't get a cranked marshal sound when I use a cranked marshall profile, yet I can get the sound in guitar rig easily. I don't like guitar rig, I'd rather play through the kemper or some actual amp that goes into a speaker, I find the computer is very unreliable.

I just used guitar rig with some jimi/srv tones and it sounds way closer to the tones I'm looking for compared to kemper.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Btw my guitar was out of tune a little bit, I didn't notice and I'm not really playing much, just small bits of songs or attempting to improvise which I'm not that great at so a lot of crappy sounds,. But you can really hear the strat's tone coming out in this way more.

It sounds way better live, guitar rigs record dulled the tones down a bit. But with my headphones it sounding amazing.

I'll record a very simple few licks that you can all do, I'll include the tabs as well just so we can compare the same. And I'll tell you what profile to use, and lets compare. I'll be using my strat. I'll comment when it's uploaded.

ALDO Truesonic 800 watts.

At this address you'll find a dry guitar track. Reamp it using a Factory rig at its default settings, so we can compare the result and exclude there's anything wrong with your Profiler\settings.

What profile should I use? I'm not sure what you mean by reamp.

I'm probably gonna look into buying a better strat, what would you recommend for a steve ray Vaughn type sound?

I'd budget at 1-1.5k I'd prefer to not go over that.

Here is me noodling on the start neck pickup with 2 different profiles.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What strat do you use? I don't think my strat is very good, it sounds nothing like yours when I'm playing clean or with any effects added. It just sounds like any other electric I have. It sounds very digital when I switch to the neck pickups as well which I really hate about it.

My gear, to record the audios I did I have my guitar going into the kemper, and a 1/4inch cord going from the monitor output to my focusrite scarlet 2i2. And that going into my laptop going into reaper with no reaper effects added.

Other than that for my own use or live playing, kemper goes into my giant speaker. Either way they both sound the same.

I know you guys keep saying it's in the hands, but I can tell the differences in tone so much with the particular amp or guitar. Playing singular notes or chords isn't achieved with years and years of experience. I get what you mean about really enhancing the way you play is achieved with skill and time, but I can hear that either the amp or the guitar is off.

I'm guessing it's got to be the guitar, but which strat should I go for to get the tone in the first video I linked. Ghosts.

Thanks for the help, I'm a bit of a tone nazi.

Also https://www.mediafire.com/

Another quick noodle, this time with my start-type guitar, though it has lipstick pickups :

Profile is here
    Edit : sorry for the clicks! Had my spdif sync set to internal, not KPA. Doh!

Can you upload that to media fire or something? When I download from dropbox it tries to open it in the kemper manager, but for some reason it never gets added too it, it just opens the manager and the profile isn't inside.

I used that profile for this sound clip.

I played it on a fender strat, I believe it's called an American standard, but I can't remember forsure.

3 single coils.

I honestly don't think the tone sounds anything like the sound clips you guys posted, that is exactly the sound I want. You can tell it's a strat, but when I'm playing it doesn't sound like a strat.

I know a heck of a lot of the tone comes from the playing, but it's mainly the gear that creates the tone in my opinion. That song Ghosts by Big Wreck, can you please point me to a profile that matches that tone? Because nothing I can find comes close to that. It's just the way each profile reacts is how I know that it's not just playing and the fingers, it's the amp itself or whatever effects added. It's hard for me to explain, it just sounds so powerful when he picks the strings, and sustains longer, idk. But please I really want to play with that tone, the above person said he has the exact tone.

My settings, like on the kemper? Which settings do you need?

Here is me messing with some clean, some distorted profiles. First off yes the playing can be better :P I've only been playing like 1.5 years so I'm not amazing. Cliffs of dover butchered at the end, I only just started learning it.

But you can get an idea of how the sounds are. Just compaire what I played to the sound you hear in that 'Big Wreck' - Ghosts.

I can play a strat and sure that will change the sound, but I don't get anything like that sound with the kemper.

I can only watch the first clip (due to country restrictions), but that sound there is bread and butter, if you have a strat with single coils. A boosted Fender profile will get you in the ballpark. I'm not sure about the Rig Exchange, but I have a good few profiles from TAF that nail that sound. Britt, Guido and Bert all have variants, and TopJimi has a few amps that get there, too.

Can you send that too me? You have no idea how much I want to get these tones. I'm so demotivated to play and practice when no matter how well I can play a song it just doesn't sound like it does on the record.

I have headphones going into my kemper. I just find that every profile I use sounds very digital and almost muffled down sort of.

I want my profiles to have a powerful sound when you play it, every single clean profile sounds the same. The all sound like there is absolutely no effect added to them I don't mean that clean profiles should have effects added to them, but I'm trying to say that they all sound so muffled down., I want to get a clean sound like this:

External Content www.youtube.com

I can upload a few clips of me playing and maybe you can see what I mean.

A tone like this, it sound so clear and not digital and powerful when you play. I have never come close to finding a tone in kemper that can match this.

I have searched forever to find good kemper profiles, but they literally all sound the same. I'm trying to get an awesome rock sound, like the solo in this song.

The way the amp reacts in his solo is something I haven't found in the kemper yet.

Solo in here:

Or solo in here, a heavy hard rock distortion:

Please help me, I'm really considering selling my kemper. I can get the sound I want or closer to it with guitar rig, but the heavy distortion aspect seems to be missing for me with kemper. How can I achieve this?

I put some patches in my local library but it wont let me preview them. I right click and the options to play/preview are grayed out. What am I doing wrong?