Posts by MichaelRiesenbeck

For those editing, you can put the Looper in the front. This means you can set a loop pre everything and then have both hands to edit! My guitarist does this all the time, I just refuse to because it's just too obviously a good idea. Lol

Doesn't this require the Remote?

I'd love an editor but how is holding a mouse in front of a computer monitor going to resolve that problem,. unless you have a third hand (some people do LOL) with an editor as you hold the mouse and try to play guitar, you still have to be careful no to knock your computer screen with your guitar if you're not too careful :D Am I not correct?

You're not correct.

It makes a MAJOR difference if I can strike a chord and then use my right hand on a mouse to mold the sound like I want, as opposed to take off my guitar, go to the KPA in the back of the studio, turn a knob, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord, only to find out that I needed to change the other parameter, so guitar off, back to kpa, change the parameters, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord and then notice I want more mid EQ. So guitar off, to the KPA again. Repeat and repeat. When I could have done this in 3 or 4 mouse clicks without having to leave the desk.

This.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hereby the first soundsample of the upcoming "Wisseloord amps collection" rigpack.
    It's the hand built Marshall JTM offset, early 60's.
    One of my favourites !! A very dynamic and powerfull amp.
    I love this extremely rare amp :thumbup:

One of the best amps I've ever played (Kempered or non-Kempered). You're in for a treat.....

Speakers will only take as much power as the amplifier puts out. It's bad the other way around in most cases!

This!

You're thinking of solid state power amps, tube amps don't care about that.
    If you're using an underpowered solid state amp it's possible to overdrive it into clipping that can destroy your speakers. (Tweeters specifically). Solid state amps should be double the wattage of the speakers to avoid clipping the amps into distortion.

About the cab suggestion, if you're in the UK/EU, check out Matamp. You can get a custom made cab for less than a Mesa cab.

There is a reason the SS in the Kemper needs to be 600 Watts (and other SS's are also delivered with high watts), where my tube amp is 1x90 watts and so much louder than the build in SS. But trust me, the NL212 and ATR have plenty of headroom and I do play LOUD :)

Here's another one:

Kick ASS tone, and awesome improvisation, IMHO.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I prefer this sound much over the one of the AxeFX, much more warmth and liveliness.

Hey guys, I just got a Kemper and I am running it through two Yamaha HS7 powered monitors. So far I am greatly unimpressed with the sound I am getting. Clean tones sound good, but anything with distortion sounds thin, harsh, kind of muffled, and just overall shitty. Granted I am used to a direct blast from tube amps. But then again, even a shitty little Line 6 digital amp I had years ago was much better than this. I havent even scratched the surface with all the settings but I have been able to mess around with the EQ and still can't get anything to sound close to acceptable. From what I have read, the tones Kemper produces are that of a mic'd amp, and me not being an audio producer is not used to this at all. But what confuses me is I watched countless videos on youtube before buying of blind comparison tests between the real deal amps and the Kemper and they were almost indistinguishable. So what gives. Are the stock profiles just bad? Do I need to spend more time tweaking the settings? I am scared to sink more money into it by buying new rigs just to be disappointed. At this point I'm already thinking about returning it.
    And before anyone asks, yes the cabinet setting is turned on and I have tried various different ones.

I kinda had the same issue in the beginning. But listening back recordings made clear that the thing works like advertised. But I was missing the oemph in the room too. I have a tube poweramp (Koch ATR) and go to a 2x12 cab to give me that air and push. I started using the profiles by Guido Bungenstock and Bert Meulendijk and then the KPA finally felt like an amp to me. I like my amp in the room sound so much that I now record the direct output as well as micing my cab and blend the signals, since in my mixes I sometimes missed the depth and warmth of the 'live' sound as well. You'll get there.

indeed, the pre-stomp noise gate is friggin amazing, as well as the noise gates in the stomp section. Another amazing and powerful effect is the compressor that is part of the Amp block parameters.

I turn off all gates always, if it's an amp it is allowed to have noise, and that, actually most often, adds to the character of the sound. To me.

Very compact and very well thought-out. :thumbup: A nice example of how a professional put functionality before show effect.

It's also practical. I had two racks initially, which was already so much more lightweight than my old Marshall stack, but I wanted to have close to zero set up time, tried patch bays in both racks first to do the interconnects, but then decided to get a slightly larger rack and just use these components. Setup time is about 30 seconds to connect the power, the cab and the FC. The GSP doubles as pre-amp in case the KPA decides to die on me live.

Yes, but I am interested in the sound of the koch tube poweramp. A while ago I played the rocktron velocity 300 with it‘s integrated tube ciquit and it was horrible because it was not linear and affected every rig with the tube sound . The tube sound of the profile was away and this is not what the kpa was build for . I sold it after 1 day and ordered a linear power amp. Big difference.

Every power amp, regardless if it's SS or Tube, colors the sound, some more, some less. The coloring of the Koch is minimal, but it adds a warmth and oemph, also at low volume levels. It's actually a hybrid amp, which is why it works so well, I think. But expensive. I like clarity in my sound and the cab I have has a very broad frequency range, so that combo works well for me. But nothing as personal as taste, right? But I do like the 'tubed' sound so much that I track guitars direct from the KPA AND miced from the cab and then blend them.

I disagree. In my opinion, there are countless profiles which sound exceptionally good through a guitar cab. I think it's simply that you don't have your Profiler set up correctly.What output settings are you using for Monitor Volume?

I would go as far as by saying that to me the Kemper really shines live, where in the studio with some profiles (mainly those on the RE) I have real struggles. But the profiles I use (mainly Bert Meulendijks) are perfect for studio AND live work. I run the KPA through a tube power amp, which colors the sound, but in a good way. I go to a 2x12 and it sounds a million bucks. But I also know that the cabinet can make or break the sound. Maybe the tube power amp makes my live sound the best I've ever had, where as the powered amp in the KPA is a different beast, I think.