Posts by MichaelRiesenbeck

Sounds like the cleans are outstanding from everyone's comments. Can anyone chime in on the distorted profiles? Not looking for metal so much, just a some good rock sounds? Cheers!

Check out the sound samples. Especially great for rock, not metal. I mainly do rock (melodic rock) and these are perfect for that. Got a great Lukather Seventh One similar lead sound with the Soldano in the pack, for instance.

Thx for the tip, I often use this solution at home to get a better 'guitar cab' feel , but I fount you need some specific rigs for this purpose : it won't give the best results out of the box.

not all rigs will sound great on the CAB and vice versa , so I took some specific tweaks, and it's ok now. The hard part is finding the rig that will sound as great on the DAW (easy part) but as good on the real amp cab ( CAB off).

Yes. I dial in a sound that's best for recording and then just add a little volume of the power amp side to give more balls in the room. It's only a way to help me get more into the vibe, which works fine for me with most rigs, really. I basically only use the profiles by Bert Meulendijk and Guido Bungenstock, and they work great like this.

Sure thing!

The main out of the KPA go into my interface (L+R), so I get the full processed sound. Main mix Stereo mode in output menu, I believe . I also run the direct out to another input of my interface to record the dry signal (for reamping, think its Guitar Studio as mode in output menu). I go to another preamp, but in your case the Direct Out should go to your power amp (since it's a powered kpa this is probably not needed at all). The poweramp you connect to your cab. In the output menu on one of the pages you have an option (top left of the screen) to turn the cabs off for only the monitor out.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Michael

Hi guys,

Maybe the set up I have running now is usable for any of you.

I have a setup which gives me an amp in the room sound, because, uh, there actually is ;)

I wanted to get more air moving during recordings. So besides going from the KPA out the main outs to the DAW, I also go monitor out to a tube poweramp and 2x12 cab. This way it feels like I am playing live, which for me is the best vibe.

Like Paults said this is not normal so hit up support and send them a backup aswell and i'm sure they will sort it :)

Well, I did the init in System menu. The outputs then gave the correct signal. BUT, After about 30 seconds the sound dissapeared totally (no change made by me, was just playing). I had to turn the master volume up and it came back, but only after a lot of crackling. Then it was gone again en came back without me changing the master volume. When turning up the master volume it crackled like an old dusty potentio meter. Which is odd, since this is a digital device. Am I running onto the infamous crackling issue? I though that only happened with the headphone output?

The default "Output Source" for MONITOR OUT is "Master Mono" - try that setting if you are sending a Mono signal from Monitor Out or Direct Out. .

If you are running stereo, try Master Left for MONITOR OUT and Master Right for DIRECT OUTPUT.

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I tried all of the options. The master mono (or stereo) gives me no sound at all. Should I do a factory reset maybe? In the beginning I did go through all options, click all bunch of stuff, so maybe I disabled something crucial per accident?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi,

Has any of you had this?

I've wanted to link the KPA into the loop of my GSP 1101. Was only getting the clean unprocessed sound from both the Direct and Monitor outs. And only if I selected several modes (git studio I believe). Then took the Main outs and got the processed sounds.

After that I tried going into my interface via direct and monitor outs and got the exact same thing. I guess I did something wrong but no matter what I changed in and output settings, it did not solve it. Reamping etc is off.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi all,

Been recording with spdif today and reamped some stuff.

I love how clean and silent the input signal is. Clean sounds work amazingly. But I have some issues with the distorted sounds, they sound a little harsh. I connected the main outs of the kpa to my active monitors and the sound is better, more balanced, tighter low end, so I know how it can sound. Since normally the output of my interface is connected to the same monitors I would expected the spdif sound to be more or less the same, but it's not. Not unusable, but I think it could be better.

Now, I did a reamp before with a track I recorded into the input of my audio interface (before I had the KPA, I used Amplitube) into the same profile/rig and that one sounds better. Same guitar, same pickup. I noticed that the waveform of that dry track showed more dynamics, while the spdif recorded track seems more even. Also, there was more volume in the dry track than with the kpa one.

So I wonder if you guys record hot or not when recording for reamping?

There are so many settings for volume in the KPA as well as other settings dealing with either volumes, spdif, pick up sensitivity, etc, that I am a bit at a loss as where to start to get the direct tone more towards the tone I get when connecting directly to my monitors.

Thanks for any info you might have.

So I've been recording analog for the past year and a half, but want to start getting into reamping. How do you use the spdif between the two? I've been looking for converters or cables but have no clue which ones to use. Thanks all!

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. That one has spdif in and out, by means of using cables with RCA connectors. The ones I use are also usable for video. In Dutch, but then you have an idea: http://www.bax-shop.nl/rca-aud…l-3m/product-details.html The out of the kpa goes into the in of the interface and vise versa. After that it's a matter of setting up the inputs, etc in the daw. These video's here helped me a lot: http://www.wikpa.org/Recording

Hmm, I checked the connections to my current JMP-01 which does the same and there I go from the main outs L and R into the GSP. So I guess I will need to do the same with the KPA, so use the main outs.

Will test later this week and report back, for those running into the same question :)

I use a similar set up for live shows. I have the KPA in the Preamp Loop of a TC Electronic G-System. It works very well that way - just as well as it did with my Marshall's preamp. I don't have any experience with the Alternative Input, though - I use the Front Input.

I'm trying to figure out how exactly to connect this from the KPA side of things, in order to be able to use 4CM and be able to select to use the GSP's preamp or the KPA as preamp on a per patch basis.

Normally the GSP1101 Line Out goes to the amp’s Loop Return, the amp’s Loop Send goes to the GSP1101 Loop Return and the GSP1101 Loop Send goes to the amp’s Input.

Translated this means?

GSP1101 Line Out to Return Input of KPA
    The KPA Monitor out to the GSP Loop Return
    The GSP1101 Loop Send to KPA Input (or alternate input)

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

The Rig Navigation Cross buttons only allow you to go through "Rig Name" tag while Rig Manager allows you to search through all tags available. UP DOWN buttons allow you to jump between rigs based on their first letter in full name.

[Blocked Image: http://s7.postimg.org/escj3epx7/rig2.jpg]

Yeah, I saw that. Maybe I missed it, but can I select a rig in rig manager (one which is actually on my Kemper) and have that one load up the rig in the Kemper, so I can use rig manager to search and select the rigs I want to try? I am basically looking for a quick way to try out which JCM 800, Soldano, etc works best for the reamp I am doing in a specific song, without having to scroll through many pages of rigs.