Posts by Sharry

and you've been waiting since the '60s, eh Harry

If you can not wait you will not become old ;)

In fact we play in our rock band some of the 60ies and are sometime surprised, that lot of young people know and like this songs.
    So I've also a serios interest to find some KPA Rigs and sound examples for that decade.
    I like it to find here some profiles of amps of this time.
    I understand that this is'nt the majority here .

I can get no ......(censored) - Harry

The KPA does everything i need so i'll stick with that

But they have an editor. :D
    The song has not knocked me down.

Well it was just a matter of time that competitors will arrive the market.
    As we said when I was young.
    Also other mothers could have nice daughters, but I can not try all. ;)

Well, for the sake of fairness, there is advertisement for the Kemper, at least here in Germany's leading guitar mag. Nevertheless it's the quality that makes the success last.

Advertizing is not bad and is need but only one set in the game. And good advertizing is better than stupid one ;)
    On the longer run the product has to convince.

@GASbag
    Yes to dicuss futher in this topic would be another beer. :thumbup:

How many advertisements have you seen for the Kemper? I can't recall any.

That shows that they are professionals :)
    The existence of the forum is advertising enough.
    They reach potential clients all over the world and let the user, the product and/or the use of the product speak for them self.
    To be helpful if problems occurs and transfer the safety that a user does not communicate with an anonymous call center is part of an important positive Image. and..and ..and..
    Advertizing here would disturb the image.
    Is that a part of what you mentioned?

At the Kemper - support page you can download the factory Content.
    Before loading the factory rigs I would save the Rigs you already have modified.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/pa…mplifier___Downloads.html Category Rig Packs

Factory Content 3.1 (August 2015)

Firmware 3.1 does include 337 Factory Rigs. If you push "Factory Rigs" in the System menu each Rig and Preset currently not residing in the Browse Pool of your Profiler will be imported in one run.

If you prefer to import Rigs and Presets selectively, please download this archive. You can unzip the archive on your MAC or PC, copy Rigs into the folder "Shared" of your USB-stick individually, and then import this subset into your Profiler.

Be aware, that all Rigs included have been stored under firmware 3.x and are therefor not downward compatible! Your Profiler needs to run at least 3.0.2 firmware before you import these Rigs.

I think he wanted to exactly avoid this, by suggesting how to NOT need say 10 rules, but one rule to rule all rules

I quoted this one sentence to make a general statement. I did not really comment the posting. (maybe I did not read carefully enough :whistling: )
    My idea is not too much restriction.
    I like that now is only one subforum for advertising and promotion.
    That is restriction enough for me.
    To avoid long titles should be a part of general netiquette. (For all sub forums)
    If I do not like to read advertising, I open the sub forum and press "all forum marked to be as read" (right down - I dont know the exact english expression).
    It manipulates only this sub forum.

Ciao - Harry

ow about limiting titles to, say 10 words and no all-caps unless in product names (like JTM45).

Too many rules prevent creativity. The basic idea for controlling is already defined.
    We should keep in mind and have to accept that business has to pay attention to market situation.
    That means advertising, promotion, try to gain prominence and so on.
    Let us be generous. Ultimately we have benefits for all in some way from their work.
    This forum give the seller of profiles on the one hand this opportunity at the other hand they are also important for Kempers success. A win win situation.
    Without the Profiler and their competition the high quality profiles would be only available for a small group of people.
    This forum is not only a playground for guitar freaks. Big business stands behind it.

another 50 cents - Harry

Is the EP-1 and the EP-1-KP indentical, except the addition switch?

I don't know but think it's not so important. Both have linear potis.
    For EP1 a 10K linear potentiometer is specified. For the KP the value is not shown.
    I think the calibration for the Kemper can handle all ranges which are usual.
    The spring option is more a matter of preference of the player.
    If its just a Wah then it could be sencefull.
    For a Volume pedal I would think more about to use..
    The switch is more interesting.
    check out:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ciao Harry

I found at page http://missionengineering.com/?product=ep-1
    quote:
    The EP-1 is compatible with a large range of digital amps, effects units, MIDI controllers and stomp boxes, and can be used anywhere you would use a Roland EV-5, M-Audio EXP, Boss FV500, or similar pedal..
    unquote.
    I have Roland EV-5 and Boss FV500 - both are working fine connected to my remote.
    The EP1-KP has an additional switch at the end of the pedal stroke.