Posts by Sharry

I am surprised you can't use any of the jazz offerings as many of them sound warm and quite organic to me. Even Scott Henderson (yeah, I know, he's no Benson, but a competent player nevertheless) used at least one of the jazz models on a recent album, and he had choices. I do wonder whether or not you updated to the HD-model firmware. This was version 2.0 onwards. All the models were updated - tweaked and what have you, but also in higher resolution / fidelity.

Hi - thanks for the long comment.
    Before I had chosen Kemper I tried also the Helix. (At same time)
    The decision was very close (in another threat i explained that) but at the end Kemper stayed with me.
    Normally I do not use so much effects and the Kemper impressed me more.

The jazz sounds of the variax are quite usable but not so meaningful for me in the rock band.
    In the big band I played some Gigs and it was OK but not so good as it was with a really jazz guitar.
    This time (happened also last time) we will not play a jazzy repertoire (except one or two tunes) so I can use my Strat (love this sound).

But one thing I would want to emphasize.
    Sure, I could use the Variax and any other guitar.
    We are not at a such high professional level, that it would be disruptive.
    But as the only one, who normally is not to contradict, sometimes mentioned. I am a little fool in this matter. :D

stay tuned - Harry

My secret weapon : the body resonance profiles from Soundside!
    changes your strat into a hollow body ...

Well, if you mentioned the package 001-Acoustic-Pack it's already on the "To Do List", if I getback my KPA.
    My physical skills make me doubt a little, whether this is really possible.
    But I also could not believe that it's possible to simulate an amplifier in such good quality before i have heard it with my own ears.

Thanks for the hint - Harry

A Line6 JTV could be a solution for you

I still have a JVT69 (Tyler) and used it in former bands with POD XT Live.

In the rock band I play now also it was believed, it sounds too synthetic. I actually had to agree.
    I found at the end only one of the 12 string models which for me is usefull for strumming chords in the background.
    The other sounds convinced me not really after some time.
    So mainly I played with the normal pickup. In this case to play with my strat or my tele was the better solution.

Would it not be so hard to separate me from guitars, I would already have sold it. :/

Maybe I will give another chance with the kemper but I do not expect that the basic sound of a guitar Kemper substantially improved.
    keep rockin' Harry

My German Professor always teaches "Avoid long convoluted sentences" if you want express yourself clearly. ;)
    I needed my time to understand who want what. :D

Still investigate - Harry

Why not search the RE (and your Kemper when you get it back) for Fender Bassman profiles? You said you wanted warm and round sound,

Hi, the Bassman is one Profile of my choice.
    I will use it for so called warm sounds especially for ballads, where I need not to play straight rhythm guitar.
    One of my ideas is using an acoustic simulation Profile, which is also available in RE. I guess this could work with a single coil.
    I once had a Boss AC3 which works with SC at the best.
    But I expect either the sound could be to sharp wether the sound is not acoustic anymore by reducing treble. We will see.

Thanks Don for an example to show what I need.

Bye Harry

I've checked the procedures listed on the WikiKPA. I have tried every single one of those resetting options, and my screen is still frozen. I don't get any sort of pop up, notification, or change. I was hoping since the unit still turns on and off just fine, that it would at least respond to those commands. It hasn't responded to anything.

Maybe we share the same fate.
    I also sent back my Profiler to the Seller after the mentioned procedures brought no improvement.
    I hope my KPA is coming home soon.

stay tuned - Harry

I wish I had longer to experiment, but her who must be obeyed says I must now put it away - until xmas day

Welcome at Kemperland.

Reminds me of my very early days, when I hardly could await the Christ child, counting the days longingly. :D
    Maybe these were the days I changed mind and decided never marry with my mother. ;)

Almost one month ago I started my adventure with the KPA and still I try to read as much as possible.

keep rockin' harry

I'm using one of Michael Britt's 'Polytone Minibrute' profiles (very round/woody/smooth sounding with great response to break-up sounds) for jazzy sounds with the neck SC pup and rolling off the tone control to your liking might do the trick

Hi Wolf.

Oops almost I missed to say thanks.
    Is this profile in the rig exchange?

Freddy Green created percussive style (or let's say he perfected it) in the 30ies, when electrical amplification was not so common.
    Freddie was rhythm guitarist of count basie for almost 5 decades. He didn't like to play electric.
    Nowadays it's not possible to play without amplification.
    Maybe a round smoothly sound will not match the need for this style.

But any way- thank you Harry

obviously, use a hollow body archtop guitar. a semi hollow can get you there, but a 'real' hollow body is preferrable. to me, this is a crucial part that cannot be compensated for with any tweaking.
    use the right guitar

As I've secretly feared, one can not argue against it. :(
    But now serious.
    I have two archtop guitars for the standard big band repertoire. (Ibanez Artcore Jazz guitar and a Höfner from the late 50ies.)
    This time the archtop fits for me only for 2 songs. For Strat I allready found matching rigs for the rest.

Well, if I use a additional archtop now, are there matching profiles or hints and tips to tweak KPA. As I wrote, I'm afraid time runs off.

thanks for trying to help - Harry

You may import Factory Rig Pack

Thank you, I found and downloaded already. :thumbup:

All hints I get now will be inserted in a "To Do List" and will be treated, when I get my Kemper back.

On thing is a point of interest for me. Are there generally tips and tricks for tweaking to get a good result for this application.
    Of couse I will ask my ears, but as far as I remenbered to last concert - I didn't found a really good result with a normal tube amp (H&K). Well the audience did not care - but me!!
    I don't think that the Amp was guilty ;)

keep rockin' Harry