Posts by Sharry

Also the Remote doesn't have volume/wah controls on it.
    Anyone has experience with that?

Welcome in Kemperland. Have fun to explore it. :)

The remote can connected to external expression Pedals, which can be configurated in the system menue. (2 up to 4 pcs)
    It works fine but you should consider there are additional cables, which has to handle.
    Generally the Behringer FC1010 is described as very useful but not so stabil as ist could be. But the price is less.

keep rockin' Harry

Hello everyone.
    I'm looking for a profile or hints to tweak, what is suitable for a Big Band Swing Guitar made famous by Freddie Green. (I know his 3 to 4 string technique)
    I would prefer if I could use my Strat or Tele, our next New Year's Concert.
    We have some rocking songs, where I play a solo. (Für this I'd like SC)
    I want to take only one guitar with me.
    The motto is "Hits with big band sound". This includes Swing, Pop, some ballads and rock songs (eg Santana, Brian Setzer)
    The Kemper world is full of great sound and sound examples for solo guitar from vintage to modern high gain shredding, but for rhythm guitar in jazz and oldies I have found less.
    For most songs of the program I found reasonable profiles..
    Only my sound for the traditional swing guitar is still not satisfactory for me, where I suspect the Kemper can more.
    It would help me if I get a competent advices, what kind of basic sound I should take and what parameters will be important.

As with any Amarteur Big Band rehearsal time is not so lush dimensioned than the ambitions. ;)
    My KPA is currently at warranty repair, so I'm afraid I'm going in the next rehearsals with not having time to experiment with the sound. (Hopefully I get back my KPA this year)

keep rockin' Harry

So an option to select the "return-time" would be really great.

Seem to me a good proposal. :thumbup:

To reach a performance 40 steps away could be solved by holding the push button for a certain time, so the step number running in the chosen direction as long you hold.
    At the moment it's faster to change performances direct at KPA with the browser button, if you are close enough.

keep rockin' Harry (One thumb in the first post is mine ;) )

It could be that the thread title could be interpreted somewhat misleading.

The video is not arguing against a good playing technique.
    For me, the most important statement is to make a plan before create a solo, of what I want to express - how can I make my solo impressively.
    The playing technique is certainly important, but to present them at the highest level, is not the most important criterium for a good solo.
    It was explained by using a dynamic profile
    So it reaches indeed the main topic in this forum. KPA and rigs.
    I do not believe that the video was made especially for this forum, but serves as an example of a specific profile.

The video gives also a few suggestions, how to build a good solo. This I appreciated very much.
    To think about helps to develope a good solo while rehearsal.
    For a gig you must have internalized all before. One can then only use what one has achieved before.

keep rockin' Harry

But I know for certain that who ever has that kind of hands, which has passed countless hours on the instrument, has the tone in the hands.

Listen Jeff Beck, no matter what guitar and what amplifier he plays, you know it's him and nobody can copy.
    In fact, I never have heard him playing heavy metal ;)

keep rockin' Harry

Thanks for this nice lesson. :thumbup:
    Sometime it's good to be reminded, that to play music the head is a very important tool and not the mood.
    Simple rules help to keep the major items in mind.

keep rockin' Harry

Bei 9V kann der Ausgang also höchtens ca 280mA liefern - kommt halt auch drauf an, wie gut dass der Wandler im Gerät ist.

Der Receiver G30 zieht angeblich 200mA bei 9 V. Hab ich bei einem Test auf Bonedo.de gefunden. Auf der Line6 Seite habe ich keine diesbezüglichen Daten mehr gefunden.
    Die Siebung des Ladekabel dürfte offensichtlich nicht das Beste sein, wie der Bericht von 2 Usern vermuten lässt.
    Wenn von Kemper nun die Info kommt, die Verwendung des USB-Anschlusses zu anderen Zwecken als für einen USB-Stick sei nicht vorgesehen und sei daher nicht in der Garantie eingeschlossen, ist der Käse wirklich gegessen.
    Hatte gehofft, dass ich zumindest mein TC-Electronic Hall of Fame damit betreiben kann.

lG Harry

Da ist Vorsicht geboten. Wenn ich einen sehr knackigen cleansound laut mache und dann mal etwas zu feste, vor allem bei der g und h saite anschlage, knallst in
    den Boxen, dass ich denke alles gehimmelt zu haben. Da ist die Diode bei normalem Spiel noch nicht rot!

Ja, habe ich gemerkt. Am meisten ist mir dieser Effekt vor allem bei Akustiksimulationen aufgefallen.
    Da hat sich die Diode bei einem starken Anschlag gar nicht auf gelb (oder gar rot) gefärbt und trotzdem hatte ich Verzerrungen.
    Meine Ansicht darüber ist, das die Diode bei so einer schnellen Spitze gar nicht mehr nachkommt. (Oder das Auge ;) )

Ist schon was dran, dass die cleanen Sounds (ich hab eine Strat mit Häussler Pickups, die in den Höhen auch sehr kräftig sind) das Kriterium für die Maximalllautstärke sind.

lG Harry

Obwohl... rauscht es dann wohl bei analogen Effekten?

Vermutlich ja, wenn die Stromversorgung an die Leistungsgrenze kommt.
    Wie gesagt probieren, alles andere ist wohl Spekulation.

Die ursprünglich Applikation war die Spannungsversorgung eines Funktransmitter für Gitarre.
    Das hat kaum Einfluss auf die Tonqualität. Würde sagen - geht oder geht nicht.

Klar habe ich auch sofort an die Spannungsversorgung für ein Effektgerät (Hall und/oder Delay ) gedacht.

lG Harry

das menschliche Ohr registriert Lautstärke nicht unbedingt als 'maximaler Peak Level'
    nach Gehör einstellen ist immer am Besten.

Stimme da in jedem Fall zu.
    Aber berücksichtigt ein Schallpegelwert nach dBA nicht auch das menschliche Ohr ?
    Als Grobeinstellung könnte ich mir schon vorstellen, dass eine Schallpegelmessung Sinn macht.

Den Tip mit dem cleansten Sound fand ich enorm wichtig.
    Das könnte der Grund sein, warum ich gerade bei Akustiksimulationen die meisten Probleme mit Übersteuern (Knistern) im Lautsprecher hatte.
    Es waren nicht die High-Gain Sounds, wie ich eigentlich vermutet hätte.
    Werde mir wohl mal den "Crest Factor" zu Gemüte führen müssen.

lG Harry

Jetzt noch die Frage, kann man einen Voltage Doubler-Kabel verwenden? Ich hätte da zwei Effekte, die Strom benötigen.

Hängt von den Verbrauchern ab.
    Angeblich liefert die USB-Schnittstelle bis zu 500 mA - das müsste für 2 Effekte reichen.
    Werde ich sicherlich noch verifizieren, wenn ich meinen KPA von der Reparatur zurück habe.

keep rockin' Harry