Posts by Sharry

but either way you need to be slightly ahead of where you want the rig change if playing to a click.

Yes, but my application is an automatic switch to a predefined rig according the setlist via IPad. So it is not time critical.

To take a breath for the firt word needs more time:)

I hope so . I know Chris only from internet and he seems to have a good reputation.

The mail contact was pleasant and the price is fair.

Additionell to the 2xP90 I've ordered also a Set of overwound 60ies PU's for another Strat.

I plan to try them to use it with a Di Marzio DP184 (HB in SC-For) for the bridge .

When I am not satisfied with the HB or it does not fit to the music I play I can change to the 3. SC of the set.

Does the second call to CC 50 invoke Morph even though the previous CC was 51?

No, only when the previous rig is represented by CC 50. If you switch from another Rig no morph is activated.

If you make a setlist you normally cannot take care that 2 songs should not have the same sound.

With PG change messages you have no problem at all. These I know only for performance mode.

P90's are the kings of pickups as long as you are good enough at yoga to get your body in just the right position and hold it there to avoid the noise

I recently ordered 2 hand-wound P90's (HB format) in Germany (Rübezahl).

These I intend to install in one of my Strats.

But nobody has pointed out to me that yoga skills are needed.;(

I think I need to order a full body condom made of wire mesh fence for screening ;)

Also, if you are using CCs, then the 50-54 numbers will activate morphing on a second press. 8)

That was my problem when I had 2 songs with the same profile in the setlist.

When calling the same rig with CC one after the other, morph is switched on or off.

It's like pressing the rig button at the remote several times. It works like a troggle for morph on/off.

So I decided for a real program change command.

Calculating the value to send is trivial and well described in the documentation.

there is no need to mess around in performance mode and I simply assign a pc to each rig.

I do not think that there is a time difference in the reaction of the profiler between the Browser and Perfomance mode.

If you use the same Rigs also live I feel the performance more convinient.

I could be wrong though and maybe I have just been luck with power so far.

No, it's conclusive what you're saying.

Obviously we live in countries with well developed infrastructure. :)

But monitors, dimmers, older fluorescent tubes, electric monitors, etc. can cause interference.

But I don't think that a tight notch filter at 50 or 60 Hz is a solution, because the mentioned interferences are not limited to 50 or 60 Hz.

A better solution is a good shielding of the guitar, an intact earthing system of the domestic system and surely also avoidance of places with such pollution.

This should also have negative effects on people. A humming guitar is then the lesser problem.;)

I totally agree with you about the necessary frequency range Harry. However, I don’t think a low cut will solve the issue of hum because you get the main fundamental at 50hz (or 60hz depending on county) plus the higher octaves which are above this.

I hear you, you think of harmonics acc. fourier. However, I believe that most power supply networks aim for a sinusoidal waveform, so that harmonics play little role.

Harry, I think the low cut is a shelf EQ which doesn’t really take out hum in isolation but affects a wide range of frequencies.

Yes, but below 80 Hz I don't need anything.

For the e-guitar I have basically set a low cut between 80 and 100 Hz and a high cut depending on the type of profile and guitar from 6500 to 7500 Hz. (For accustic a little more)

I don't think net hum really matters at the KPA. The power supply is very stable.

But I wouldn't play guitar right next to a transformer if I had a bad shielding in the guitar.;)

You might want to check out Intel NUC models. I have one with a SSD and it's very fast.

What a contribution. How do I get the GAS attack under control now?;)

At the moment I use Surface 3 (i5) with 128 GB SSD.

The whole Software I need for recording, controlling the digital Mixer and play backings is at a 64 GB TF-Card and/or a 1 TB SSD Drive.

I would like to see an option on the Editor that shows the output volume of each rig. A sort of VU meter that predicts on the levels in the effect chain + rig volume .

I do not believe that the editor would change a function in the Profiler or would have acces to messure an analog signal.

I'm pretty sure that at first the function of displaying signal strengh had to modified in the profiler before.

This wish was formulated several time in the feature request.

I personal can live with the current situation quite well.

Importent for me is the indication in the FOH - Mixer (In and output)

Thanks everyone. I also understand that I should not be using a guitar cab but I honestly can not afford a new speaker setup just yet. So from what I read the Kemper has a lot of watts and to make sure I keep settings low. Is that all I need to do? My cab is 150watts I believe. I understand the sound won’t be as good as the Kemper can be but I imagine it will still be better than the fender mustang.

If you buy the powered version you can of course connect any guitar box.

I can't say if the price difference to the unpowered version you can buy an active box, where you will have different CAB simulations in the Kemper with a lot of cab sound.

It depends very much on the personal taste and preferences and is almost a question of faith;)

You can also use any linear amplifier between Kemper and your speaker. There are also very cheap ones.