Posts by Sharry

Würde mich interessieren was mit dem Editor alles möglich ist. Kann man z.b. Cabs von einem Profil zu einem anderen Kopieren. Ob ein Merged Profile vorliegt oder Cab driver aktiv ist erkennt man immer noch nicht oder?

Ich nehme an, dass es geht einen Preset (CAB) von einem Rig zum anderen zu kopieren. Geht ja auch schon am KPA (copy/paste).

Eine Antwort auf die zweite Frage kann ich nicht erraten.

I use an IPad with a programm called Songbook . (There exist simlar other programs running o the IPad)

It needs bluetooth Vers 4 at minimum to run an wireles MIDI connection e.g. https://www.thomann.de/at/yama…wireless_midi_adapter.htm

On the IPad is my setlists which contains Lyrics, Mp3's for rehearsal backing and the commands/ setlist position to switch to the Rig I want.

My sounds are organized in performance mode.

I bought a used IPad for 100 €. It needs Vers 12 (because of bluetooth 4).

The programm was about €50.(Pro-Version) There exist other programs with a small lizence/per year.

The wireless adapter costs € 44.

The only addional hardware exept the KPA is only an external Footswitch for morph (I 'm not using a morph pedal) and an expression pedal for volume.

The remote is for tune/tap-function and signalisation to know what rig and effects I play.

Normally I try to avoid the use of a stomp foot switch. (Morph is really very helpful)

This configuration helps me to relieve my old grey cells and be more concentrated on playing itself. ;)

No matter how it is called (:)) it seemed to me, that is just for monitor use or people using a CAB via monitor output with micro to FOH.

I can wait for this - even it will be available with built in Amp. ;)

The editor will become very great.

- There are some people out there still running older versions for whatever reason - stability, not liking something Kemper did that affect the tone of an effect, etc.

- I have several thousand .kipr files on my hard drive, and so do at least few hundred other people. Kemper has no way to encrypt those. New profiles with the most current OS? Sure, they could do that.

It happened (I think with) vers 3.3 that Kemper changed the file system (I think to be able to release morph).

The older Rigs was still able to use. Only Rigs which was profiled with the newer Version needed the updated OS.

Nobody would be forced to update (I fortgot the word "not" in the former posting) but then you cannot use some new feature.

Certainly no offense was intended towards anyone here.

I felt addressed but not offended. :)

In my opinion there is no relation between the often deposited wish to turn the Performance button around in its functionality and what we get now.

I only think that would be peanuts of code modifications.

I found a solution for myself personally and am not dependent on a solution.

I have been playing without a performance change during a song for longer time. (With Morph also the necessity for me decreased.)

Recently I have automated my setlist on the iPad to such an extent that when a song is selected, the corresponding preset is set via wireless MIDI.

The editor will be still be called ‘Rig Manager’ and it will be version 3.0.

I also think that verse 3.0 will no longer require a ToastMe.

Until then I will continue toasting and then say goodbye to Damian with a few beers. :)

They can't encrypt the profiles that are already available without potentially breaking the Kemper for anyone running an older version.

Why microsoft can do this?

But I'll try to be serious:

I think they could do it and force people to upgrade to a new version and update old version-files with the new operating system.

I'm not sure if this is necessary for this issue.

Nikos - no contradiction. ;)

For me the sound for the audience via the FOH is the best I have ever experienced.

It can get better at most.:!:

Okay..I guess I am to old for all the new tech stuff now..but from what I can grasp this new cab has absolutely nothing to do with the FOH unless you put a mic on it.And I guess I am right.

I can't check this out now, but I'm curious right now.

For me it only makes sense if it improves the sound for the audience and it is delivered via the FOH.

I myself am not so dependent on the sound of the monitor.

So if it's only for those who play a Git-Cab, I'm happy for them.

For me it won't bring any advantages but surely no disadvantages. :)

Supplement:

How does the software behave if you don't have a Kemper cab or Amplifier?

PS: I'm older than you;)

"We need the xyz feature. This is important, we need it now!" Great guy, but no impulse control.

I suppose this quote refers to the topic and proponents of this topic.

I'd like to inform you that this discussion has been going on for years and there's never been a comment from Kemper before.

For the first time it was explained , that it is because with the outermost button on the left it is easier to switch away from performance 1/Rig 1.

And this has been so dictated, or so desired by the users.

This must be atually wrong: Perf1/Rig1 will only appear after a factory setting.

Otherwise the setting that was used by switch off will appear. This is easy to check.;)