Posts by mlancaster1

So I'm ready to buy a new interface and have been looking at this one but not sure if this will be ideal with what I need. I figured I can either run out of the kemper in master stereo to the two line outputs on the apollo and DI out from kemper to mic pre 1 OR run Master mono from kemper to Mic pre 1 and DI out from kemper to Mic pre 2. Does the DI from the kemper need to go to one of the Mic pres or will the line output work just fine? Also what are the difference in audio quality of running kemper main outs to analog inputs vs line inputs and mono vs stereo?

Sorry if this question has come up before I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for just yet. Thanks.

So after owning the kemper for a couple of weeks the only problem I have is with the volume knob. It's kind of just all over the place. For instance if I change it down or up from unity volume it just spikes up or down inconsistantly and sometimes changes by itself until you set it back again. I would turn it very slightly and it would go from 0.0 to 5 really fast and it took me almost five minutes just to get it back to zero. It's very annoying and I hope this won't be an issue when I play live.

So what if it just hits the red barely on the input? Also I didn't mention but my volume is at unity. From what I read, what was mentioned was to adjust the clean sense by ear and not by what the light gave off. And then I hear that its bad for the input to be in the red at all. So if primarily I'm in the green but with heavy strumming it hits the red barely, am I clipping?

So i've had my kemper for a couple weeks now and I really dig it. The only I'm not sure of is the input sensitivity. If I am going slightly in the red just on really hard hits and palm mutes, does that mean I am clipping? I have adjusted the clean sense to about -10 maybe -11 to get it completely in the green but then my clean profiles seem pretty quiet. The output LED stays perfectly in the green and the guitars I am using are a stock gibson les paul and a PRS custom 24 with passives.