Posts by knopflerman

Hi guys,

I noticed some users complained about the too much "hi-fi" sound of kemper+FRFR solution so i wanted to gather every information to get the best of the two worlds :
    => FRFR speakers for their flat and full range sound and guitar cabinet sounds for their warm and impactful sound.

Here are some solutions I've seen on the kemper forum, but probably not exhaustive

Kemper quick-wins to play with FRFR speakers

• Activate PureCabinet feature (can be found in the output section)

All-in-one Handmade GRFR solution
    Proposed by davec69 :

prefer a little of both. Found myself a 3-Way (12" Lo x 8" Mid + 2 Tweeter) passive Polytone Keyboard Cabinet, which gets a great FRFR tone, then replaced the 12" with my favorite Eminence speaker. Gives me my favorite Eminence speaker tones + clear mids and highs.

All-in-one Commercial GRFR solution

• Kpa-solutions 112CX
    • Kpa-solutions camper plus kit
    • Matrix NL12/NL212

Mixing FRFR speaker + guitare cabinet

• Ex : With powerhead, use a guitar cab plugged in the power output, and one active FRFR plugged in the main output

Regarding the ability of those solution to provide a better cab feeling than a pure FRFR speaker, it would be great to gather every of your opinions and experience, as well as other solutions and informations that are missing here.

Nicolas

Hello dear kemper's users,

Kemper' owner for 2 months now, and quite happy with it.
    I'm particularly interested in clean sounds, and fond of dire straits / knopfler stuff.

Just tried Musicman 130HD, with headphones and i'm really impressed by the "sensitivity" of the profile.

Now looking for the best solution to play with real speakers while keeping a good cab feeling. Will create a new thread to have in one topic every solutions with pros and cons.

Nicolas