Posts by Danides

I agree the looper volume should be able to be faded or morphed in a live situation.

Also I can see reasons why the looper location should be part of the Rig Menu rather than System Menu. That way you could decide on the location on a per rig/performance basis.

Agree completely, you could also use different volumes of loops and (hopefully) fade out length.

I just finished a 6 months contract in a hotel, playing mostly acoustic with loops and fading out manually on the mixer ;(

I agree, the looper needs a fade out option on the stop button. Press once for stop, press twice for fade and 3 times to erase the loop.8)

IMO That would be confusing, I believe that should be assigned to "Bank down" the same way the undo recording is assigned to "Bank up". Otherwise should be assignable to any button or external pedal.

Hello Basti. I am using this setup since years, its great. So what you need is a Kemper, an iPad (even an old one will do the trick), a Yamaha MD BT 01 wireless midi Adapter, the forScore app and a second app called midi wrench (its free).

Connect the Yamaha to the midi in and out ports of the Kemper. The Yamaha is powered by the Kemper. Now you have to make the iPad see the Yamaha. You can not do this with the iPad and the forScore app only. Switch on bluetooth on the iPad and start the midi wrench app. In midi wrench go to settings, then to bluetooth midi and select the Yamaha. When there is a connection you will see all the mididata that is been sent in the right monitor window of the app. Let the app run in the background and start forScore.

In forScore you can add a specific command to each score. Add a program change to your score. Every Slot in every performans has a specific program change. Please read the forScore manual and the Kemper midi manual. Everything is explained there. The main trick is the midi wrench app to let the iPad connect to the Yamaha.

Good luck its worth trying.

Thank you for sharing this great solution! I would just say that with forScore (wich I love), you can send multiple midi messages at the same time (like program changes also for keyboards or control changes etc) and alse receive messages for “learning” them. So you should be able to play any action on the K and record the realative midi messages on forScore. I didn’t do it yet but it is a function of the app.

Would be also GREAT to have a visual feedback on the display of the current value of the expression pedal (scale of dbs or 0-100 or 0-127 whatever). Sometimes is really difficult to set the right volume at the beginning of a song... yes we can check what time is it, please why can't we better control our volumes? Thank you!

I play often in duo with a singer and I use the OC-3 to lower the last two string by 1 octave and have the "bass+guitar" effect.

Having an external pedal somehow degradates the signal chain and it also means more cables, power supply and noise.

I'd prefer the Kemper Octaver and it would just need a filter to cut the upper frequencies from being doubled down.

Please, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would benefit from a relatively simple tweak to an already existing effect!

Thank you

The first piece of equipment that I would buy is;

1 - Sound absorbers (they sell in kit and placing projects) included bass traps, and thick tents or carpets.

2 - Sound diffusers, in a small room are less important than absorbers but they can help.

That will change your perception way more that fancy speakers/profiles

AFTER that, if you still want to have more of the punch of a real amp I would try a Yamaha DXR10

I use the section to load Cabinets and Acoustic IRs. Both come in many files for each speaker, microphonenused etc and it is very difficult to search for something or try it on the fly. It really takes a long time since it isn’t (yet?) implemented in Rig Manager.
    I would recall the ”cabinets” files from RM and/or have better management in the Kemper with FOLDERS that could let me quickly find and load a lcabinet”.
    Thank you

Thats's strange. The cabinet is connected from the "direct link to cabinet" ? Don't forget to put the load on your amp it can be dangerous for it.. :whistling:

Have you checked the contrast knob setting on the rear of the remote and the setting from within the profiler system setup? As I recall this can be set via software from within the profiler setup menus but the hardware knob on the back of the remote will override on boot.

This might be the case, I was only changing the setting on the panel but didn't check the remote knob! Thank you!!!

I have the same problem. This was occurring several OS versions ago --> https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…led%2Bflashing#post252332

I wonder if they lost the fix in a recent revision,

I noticed that upgrading OS I lost some brightness in the remote screen, I don't know if it's related to the leds, maybe they try to save power for the correct working of the remote. I switched from 3.2 to 5 and then the problem started. On 3.2 I never saw any blinking for what I remember.. Thanks for the link!

Hello,
    I don't know why it happens and if there is a logical reason, but I have occasional, random blinking from some leds on the remote.
    It only happens on leds already ON. Sometimes on one led or two or sometimes all. For a quick moment is like they aren't dimmed and bright at maximum power.
    It is annoying because it keeps my attention while I'm concentrated.
    The time between two flashes is unpredictable, from few seconds to minutes.
    It started on 5.1 and continues on 5.2.
    Why it happens and what can I do?
    Thank you