Posts by Danides

Yes, well done Danides!

One thing 'though: Shouldn't you be measuring a "random" handful of Rigs, seeing as each is gonna have a slightly-different latency unless Constant Latency™ is switched on?

Ok, because the setting is already done, now it is quick.
    Here's another rig, a clean profile with standard basic effects (wha, comp, boost, delay, rev) most effects were off but, because they are loaded in the slot, I'm pretty sure they affect the process.

I measured 3,65 ms

Yes, well done Danides!

One thing 'though: Shouldn't you be measuring a "random" handful of Rigs, seeing as each is gonna have a slightly-different latency unless Constant Latency™ is switched on?

I loaded 3 delays, rev, and other fx just to test how much latency would be in an extreme situation, it shoulb be slightly lower for a normal rig.
    You are right, I could measure more profiles but it is more time consuming that it might seem, at least at the beginning.
    Anyway I forgot to say that I was in Performance mode, I don't know if it makes any difference

Yesterday I got a Line 6 G10 wireless system so I spent some time to test it. Apart the sound quality (that is very good to me) I started to "feel" the latency.
    Because ears are affected by suggestion I decided to spend some spare time to measure some latencies in the chain.

I splitted the signal: one direct in the Motu 828 mkIII and the other thru the G10 to the Motu and I recorded the two tracks in Cubase Pro 9.
    The Motu had all the onboard effects off and I used only the line inputs (I measured on the mic/hi z inputs an extra latency so I didn't use them).
    Because the software only measure the milliseconds, I calculated the fractions watching the distance to the next millisecond.
    I used the waveforms for reference.

I started with the G10 and I measured about 2.8 ms

Than I disconnetted the G10 and plugged in the KPA with os 5.1.
    I used the Main outs
    First I measured the KPA without effects and without Amp section. Just conversion and Sens controls. 2.6 ms

Then KPA with only Amp section. 3.4 ms

And finally full loaded with Booster Flanger 3 delays (a loop dly, a Crystal, and a legacy) and Reverb
    Incredibly the latency was only 3.7 ms. I couldn't believe it so I tried many times with various souces, I also rebooted all. but always the same result.

Of course the soundcard has its own latency like all digital mixers so I'll prefer monitoring on stage from the monitor out to avoid summing latencies.
    I hope it can help someone :)
    Daniele

It was the first thing i programmed into my DIY-Footcontroller with FW5: Holding the Button activates "Hold". Releasing it deactivates it. - Holding it for more than 3s locks "hold". Pressing again deactivates it.
    But it would be great, if this could be done inside the Kemper with its own remote as i´m tending to switch from my foot-controller to the KPA-remote soon.

Martin

Can you please explain how you did it? I'm using a remote and I tried with an external switch and assigning the function to the tuner switch. Is it possible to do it from the KPA or did you program the CC from your footcontroller?

I really like the Hold function but there's something that I don't understand:

1 -- I am able to set the effect but when I try to go on a new "sample" (pressing the switch twice) the effect doesn't respond quickly enough (of course after I play the new chord) and just stays off. I must do the process very slowly to get the new chord freezed. This way if I'm playing a melody I have to stop for longer at every chord change.

2 -- I would like to activate the Hold only keeping pressed the switch and deactivate just depressing it, like an Unlatch sustain pedal in a midi synth. Now I am only able to use the pedal like a Latch, pressing to activate and pressing again to deactivate.

3 -- If I use more than one delay I'd like to choose where to apply the effect. Sometimes the Hold on two delays at once gives some artifacts or unmusical results.

I hope I was able to explain myself :/
    Please tell me if there's a function or a workaround for what I would do, otherwise these would be really appreciated updates.
    The manual doesn't say much in deep about the function.

Where are all the people who were saying that the Delays were already as good as the Strymons and that we were asking for something that was already there??
    I guess they are complaining to Kemper staff for giving us something unuseful :whistling:

After a long wait (from september19) I got back my KPA yesterday.
    I cannot test it because I'm out of town till tuesday and, of course, I can't wait :).

It is a long time to wait for a simple repairing/fixing and I had apologies from Kemper staff.
    I guess I just had some bad luck and it usually doesn't go like this for a professional product like Kemper is.

The communication with the K staff was always very fast and good, they were also so nice to find a great way to apologize :thumbup:

I guess its not too bad if you are not a gigger and you have a spare amp or an acoustic to keep you entertained and limber.

The display had a black line of dots since march, but I decided to repair it in september because I was playing live almost every day and I'm having a rest for a while.
    I still have nice amps and acoustics to practice, have fun and gig.
    What is important is always playing and enjoy playing :) ..of course I feel more comfortable with my Kemper setup.

Thank you!

Good luck with a speedy return and all well when you get it back!

Today I wrote to the support and they answered very quickly, in few minutes.
    I got two mails and I was impressed by the care they are using to help me out, so now I'm confident.
    Thank you for your Good Luck :)

Yea it looks like the main screen isn't fully seated in the slot (i.e. some part of the side is behind the front panel) and your getting bleed-over light behind the front facia.

Looking inside the right side seems closer to the plastic protection.
    I think you are right. I don't want to void the warranty but it seems an easy fix... as it was an easy job.

Seems tight but it isn't easy to understand since there's the plastic protection on top and I'm a guitar player and not a technician so I never opened mine as well, and I waited 23 days to let it do it by the people in charge.

I agree

I just got back my KPA after more than 3 weeks that it was in assistance to repair the display that had a burned line.
    Now the STORE and REDO buttons are always illuminated by a light coming from the display.
    Of course this is not normal as you can see from the pictures. I don't know what is inside but if the display isn't sealed it will quickly collect dust, apart the fact that the buttons are misleading.
    What do you think?

Now I'm just disappointed. The display burned a line after few moths of use and the repairing is faulty.
    How can happen that people at Kemper don't test the repairing works? It took me few seconds to notice the strange light on the buttons.

Sure @Danides I know what you meant, but I am sometimes specific to the bones so that's why I just updated your statement. No harm dome.What has shocked you in a "piece of gear" forum?

That there is also censorship (and for silly reasons) and not only moderation. Sometime ago a user was banned (I don't remember the name) and many others protested to have him back. It usually happens in a political discussion and not in a forum about an instrument to play music. It makes me feel uncomfortable.