Posts by Danides

Why just not respect for everybody. For everything.

I meant that.. I wrote it differently but I didn't mean to exclude someone or something.
    Sorry if I wrote it bad.
    I'm so shocked that this happens in a "piece of gear" forum! And if I remember well this isn't the first time that something similar happens.

1- Sometimes it gets crazy and doesn't follow the performance tempo nor the taps and blinks faster untill I recall the rig.
    2- it doesn't respond (never) to faster taps, if I want I short delay I have to set it manually.

I'm on os 3.3 but was the same on 3.2.1

I use the Strymon Mobius and Timeline and attached them on top of the Kemper with Velkro. I think the Mobius has much better modulation effects than the Kemper. I'm OK with the reverbs in the Kemper, because I don't use a lot of reverb in the style I'm playing. What I'm missing the most, is a good AUTOWAH like the EHX QTron for example. I simulated it with the wah in the Kemper, but it totally sucks. I'm quite happy with the real wah sounds in the Kemper, those are OK. I would like to see QTRON, Boss Dynamic Filter and Boss T-Wah simulations in the Kemper. I don't use distortion pedals in the Kemper. Never used them in real life either, I always let the amp do the work.

i also have Strymons like you, I tried to live with the Kemper fx but they aren't enough for my taste. Are you able to use the tap tempo on the remote to control the Strymon tempo? How do you do?
    Ps To me reverb is slightly better than modulations or delays but not good if compared to Neunaber or Strymon, they don't "eat" the tone..

I

I'm not using a wireless system (I dond't move much on stage))and I wouldn't use an external mixer.
    other people use the internal mixer of the kemper the way I do, but I guess they use a stereo mix from the mixer so they feed L and R in the stereo panorama

Thank you very much for your reply,
    I don't know if I can split the signal with a simple Y cable without losing the balanced signal in the xlr input (sorry my english might not be good enogh). I believe the safest way would be a splitter or a DI where I use the secondary output (the link input) to feed the secondary jack input of the K. I just hoped that there was a somewhere hidden chance to do the trick in the K.
    I would stay balanced as much as possible because I have many interferences on stage and I get hums and buzzs when unbalanced.
    Thanks again for your kind help :)

Ofcourse a limiter messes with the tails. Even more so than a comp. A limiter is a comp that has a ratio that is set to infinite. As soon as i release a note the tails would become louder.
    And i don't want my peaks limited in my inears. I want the difference between rhythm and lead sounds to be less than in the foh. But apart from that the sound should be unaltered. A limiter would make me play different since it would take out the dynamics.
    Listen, i know you are trying to be helpful, but i do this for a living and know what i am talking about.

After a living doing this, you may now learn that everybody uses limiters and not compressors, some bodypacks have the limiter onboard and not a compressor. They might be wrong but they do it because the limiter has fast attack and release and doesn't mess too much (if set correctly) with the overall balance and tails.
    Anyway your arrogance is un limited
    yes, the love you take is equal to the love you make :thumbup:

The question was "kemper fx are good enough for you?"
    if the answer is yes, you don't need to spend your many words trying to convince who isn't completely happy with the Kemper fx, and explaining what is a music production. Don't feel offended if many people don't agree with your idea, have respect for others opinion.

Ok, I don't have a splitter and wouldn't use one, furthermore I would only use balanced signals and I don't think that the alt input is balanced.
    I would have a function that allows me to hear a mono source in both sides, or a panpot...
    Anyway thank you

Have you ever played with in ears people?
    and no a comp/limiter would certainly not do the job. It would mess with the dynamics og my playing and with reverb/delay tails too. The playing would feel different to what comes out of the foh.

When you change the volumes with a pedal you are changing the dynamics too. A limiter cuts the peaks and doesn't mess with your reverb tails, it is different from a compressor.
    Anyway, as I said, an overall lower volume would save your ears and your dynamics.