Posts by foosinn

If I did not count wrong this are 4 stereo signals. (including the Main-out to FOH)

I just woke up any flew over the first posts. sorry, i missed that information :)

you could work around with the x18 (477€ is a great deal) and 2 p16-m, but for the price you can simply choose the x32.

We are using the xair 16 for our in ear mixing. I can not tell how much I love it.

We are only four band members and everyone gets his own individual stereo mix.

All xair have 6 aux buses I'm Software (not 100% certain at xair 12, but I think so). You can always assign 2 of them to stereo.

Heres how we get 6 mixes:

Mix 1: stereo on aux 1 and 2
    Mix 2: stereo on aux 3 and 4
    Mix 3: stereo on auf 5 and 6, routed to headphone out)
    Mix 4: master lr

Of course you could switch any aux bus to mono and make 2 stereo mixes to 4 mono.

The xair 16 is by far the cheapest solution we found. Also everyone can tweak his own mix on his own by the smartphone app.

I would only go for the xair 18 if you need more mixes and consider using a ultranet monitor to add as may channels as you like.

Maybe you don't need to go the step up to the X32.

One more word: the x18 is cheaper than the xair 18. This is may also an option. Should have all features in a different form factor.

We are using it for around 2 years now.

The midi out can't send tempo signals, which I think is a bit disappointing. Other than that we had no issues.

We are running click track, bass (for the time we had no bass player), vocal guide, backing tracks und a special click track for the silent parts so the drummer can stay silent too.

Inear monitoring is done by a behringer xair. Everyone mixes the sources to what he likes. FOTH gets just the backing tracks.

We always keep a backup USB drive if one failes.

Finally I'm getting close to a pedalboard I like.

I still have to get a angled cable to move the expression pedal to the right. It fits nicely in my 4he rack door.

It's currently a Microdesignum MIDI Grande and a Morley M2 mini expression.

My plan is to add a little box that merges power, midi in and out and the direct out from the kemper to a single Ethernet cable. The direct out will be connected to a polytune, which I like more than the Kempers own tuner.

Rock on!

Hello,

I would love to see a litte warning in the profiling mode if there is any "Main Output EQ" (from the Output section) active.

I lost nearly two hours of my live wondering why the profile does not sound like the amp. I spend a lot of time changing cables, wireing and modifying my boost pedal. After going crazy and going back sane i realized i had set +2db on mid in the Ouput EQ. When you select the orignal amp theres no EQ processing on it. But as soon as you switch over to your Profile you will hear the additional EQ from the Output Menu.

I guess some other people might ran into simlar issues.

Hey,

i'm looking for a more or less cheap inear solution. i'm planning to spend around 150€.

by searching a lot through the web i found the following solutions:

Fischer Amps Guitar-InEar-Cable II

As far as i could find out it is just a special cable with the default Fischer Mini Bodypack. Also the cable are just two cables bound together. Seems quite expensive to me.

TC-Helicon Guitar/Headphone Cable

Already all i need. But with 3,6m a bit to short :(

Taping a guitar cable and a headphone extension cable together

Very cheap, but not to beautiful. No volume control.

Currently i would go with the tape solution. Are there any other solutions im missing out?

I'm running a Roland Quad Capture. The Komplete Audio 6 has some additional software that can be useful.

I recommend getting a interface with S/PDIF In and Out. This makes reamping and recording much easier. I would rather get a used one than missing out the S/PDIF Option (i actually did :) )

The guitars where a hell lot of work and still do not sound as we whished they would.

Signal Chain was
    Maxon OD808 -> JVM 410h Chan 3 orange -> Palmer PDI03 (without speaker sim) -> redwirez cabinet simulation
    Maxon OD808 -> Engl Blackmore -> Palmer PDI03 (without speaker sim) -> redwirez cabinet simulation

We've reamped with diffrent configurations (real cap, palmer sim, multiple mics on cab, diffrent cab) around 4 times. i guess i would have loved having a kemper back then.

Even with those guitars you may still like the song :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would love to have a indicator if a rig is merged or not. Maybe like the little favorite star or the E for edited rigs.

Also a filter for browsing rigs would be a great addition.

What do you think?

Hey

i'm looking for a indicator for merged profiles. Is there anything like that? After merging the profile looks to me exactly like a studio profile.

Also i cant tell which factory / downloaded profiles are merged and which not. I had a look at the manual and this forum and didn't find anything, but maybe i'm just blind?

I know i should only care about the sound, but this really drives me crazy. I'm using a cabinet for monitoring onstage and cabsim for the mixer. Using merged profiles seems just more correct to me, not to mention i've been very happy with the sounds i achived by switching the cabinets of merged profiles.

Thanks for your help.