Posts by Winterjp123

Hi - I seemed to have screwed something up now with my Spdif Kemper connection to Scarlett 6i6. I haven't used Garageband in some time so fired it up to play around and it seems to have rerouted my inputs and outputs so that I can hear anything through my studio monitors anymore. Kemper is receiving signal from guitar, Spdif hookup to Focusrite is showing good in Mixcontrol, Studio Monitors are hooked into Focusrite and powered on and no sound. I haven't changed anything in MixControl, only way I can get sound now is to power on GarageBand and then I hear Kemper through my computer speakers. Can anyone help me make sense of this? I should be able to just use the Kemper through the Audio Interface out of my Studio Monitors but I've got nothing. There has to be a problem with my inputs and outputs somehow but I'm lost. Thanks in advance for any help? What kills me is it was working fine until I launched Garageband after a really long time.

Another quick question of many I'm sure. It doesn't seem like the connection now is in stereo like it was before I hooked up through the Focusrite Spdif - in other words the delay used to repeat and pan in a stereo fashion but now seems more mono. I do have the SPDIF set to Master Stereo, is this because the SPDIF connection is a mono connection unlike my direct connection before?

SUCCESS!!

Sound...what a wonderful thing!

Thanks to everyone so far!

Good grief, what a production

I had tried the Spdif volume earlier but maybe it just wasn't in combination with the rest of the suggested changes.

Ok, so now I have to figure out the recording piece of this but one thing at a time

Still nothing...have taken and applied all suggestions above. Granted I'm definitely not a pro here but surprised it is proving to be this difficult and frustrating.

Dean - not sure I understand your direct connection test, TRS cable from which Kemper output (Direct, Main, etc) into which Focusrite In? Do I need to change the settings again on Kemper and MixControl Software to register this change?

Also, SPDIF volume in the Kemper output menu is set at - infinity symbol whatever that even means? Do I need any of the other ouputs in the Kemper Menu (Main, Monitor, Direct) set to anything or can they be turned off

Also, does sync status matter (Locked vs Unlocked) in MixControl? I have seen both posted

I am attempting to use GarageBand as DAW but do I even need to have this software enabled at this point in the equation? I'm not trying to record yet just start with getting sound out of my connections first?

Ok..so I have completed all the steps suggested, unplugged the other SPDIF cable (only Kemper Out to Focusrite in connected). I opened the mix control software and verified that sample rate was 44.1 and sync source is SPDIF. I have the Kemper Output SPDIF set to "Master Stereo". Computer is is on and Focusrite states USB is connected. I am running a iMac if that matters. One thing to note, is I now can now play music through my computer that is playing through the studio monitors connected to Focusrite, I see levels registering through mix control software as well. Still no guitar sound though from Kemper.

I also have the monitor volume dial on the front of the Focusrite about halfway up thinking it could just be the volume turned down. I am unclear on how to set sample rate of Kemper to match 44.1, if that even needs to be done and also not sure on the internal clock that is reference in the link you provided. Still no guitar sound at this point?

Thanks Dean I will walk through your suggestions shortly but to clarify I am using two SPDIF cables right now but you are suggesting that I only need one? I have Kemper In to Focusrite Out and Kemper Out to Focusrite In connected currently. If I only need one connected, what is the purpose of the other cable? Is this only used for reamping purposes?

All,

Ok...I'm totally lost but have to start somewhere I suppose. I have never used an audio interface before until today. I was using a simple setup of studio monitors hooked up directly to kemper and playing fine. Decided to play around and add in audio interface and now I'm lost with no sound. Ha! Could someone help me with the very very basics here...? or possibly refer me to the page in the reference manual that might help? I have guitar plugged into kemper, kemper hooked up via SPDIF cables to focusrite (in to out, out to in) and monitors hooked up to audio interface (outputs 1 and 2 on the Focusrite) I currently have no sound and I'm assuming that it has something to do with the inputs or outputs I have selected in the Kemper, there quite a few different options and ouputs (Main, Monitor, Direct and SPDIF) I'm so confused? I am just attempting to get sound out of the kemper through the monitors at this point. This stuff is way more difficult than I had expected especially for someone with little to no background with any of it. Thanks in advance for any and all help as well your patience for my questions.

Jason

Ahhh I see...I didn't realize the effect and preset concept at all, thought the list of 177 presets were actual effects themselves which is clearly the wrong. Sorry, it takes me a minute to catch on. Cool - I appreciate the assist on this

Hmmm....not sure that makes sense to me, the effect I deleted in no longer available in the stomp section at all? In other words I deleted the Bit Shaper which was right before the boost pedals. It's no longer in the list of selectable stomps and I only have 176 total stomps to choose in the list, one less than the original 177 that was there so not sure how to reselect in or where to find it?

New user here and first post to forum....anyway in playing around with my new Kemper I seem to have deleted an effect from the selectable list thinking I was just deleting it from the current rig I was working on, I had 1-177 effects and now I have 1-176 and the Bit Shaper is no longer included. Seems strange that it would be that easy to delete something permanently but I can't seem to figure out how to restore it to the list again. Couldn't find another thread on this so thought I might try posting here in hopes someone else had done the same thing. Thanks in advance for your help.