Posts by flog

I'm the original owner of the house, 5 years old new construction. with 3 prongs outlets. Nothing as been performed on the electricity side.

I made other tests since yesterday. I started by shielding one of my guitar (the strat one) no changes. But this morning I made tests with a small Blackstar IDcore solidstate in the same room and noticed after a while that when my right strumming hand passes near the pick ups it gets worse, when I put my strumming hand over the pups about an inch and hit gently a tuning peg with a finger of the other hand it pops loud enough. That's why while practicing with an acoustic sound on the Kemper I noticed at first.

Where I get lost is why it does not do it in the basement

Thanks John

Carpet upstairs, no carpet downstairs? Just guessing...

Did it happen with all your guitars (if you have more than one of course)? I have one guitar that I have shielded and grounded as much as possible and it still crackles at times! Don't laugh, but the only way it stops is if I rub a dryer sheet on the pick guard and the metal bracket that attaches it to the body. It works for a couple of months and then it creeps back again. In fact, it's the same guitar as in my avatar to the left.

Thanks guys, dpeters95 no carpet upstairs natural varnish maple wood, downstairs engineered flooring. My best guess would be that in the room upstairs that I uses also as a home office is loaded with ( desktop, laptop, Internet Wi-Fi signals, Led TV on the other room on the same wall, and different lights so it must be one of those. I hate being in the basement lollll, but cant stand the popping

Thanks again dpeters95 and Sharry

Dont understand why, but after a few hours working on the situation I finally got it but cant explain why. I moved the whole home studio to the basement and piece by piece reinstalled everything. Guess what no static popping anymore. problem solved.

Well, Your answer was precise, but my knowledge is basic.. I've tried those, but it's worse when I lift the ground from any output. I've even tried with the guitar plugged into the Kemper to find better grounds in the guitars with an electric cable and alligator clip, but without any luck. I might try what I've read in other forums to shield the electronics in the guitars but I'm not sure it's going to help.

Thanks

Hello,

Newbie needs help... I get like static popping when I touch guitar metal parts (strings, pegs bridge ), this happened to me before on different solid state amps, but never on tubes amps. So I tried many different things, bot guitars, changed cables, only plugged the Kemper, guitar and earphones and it pops. The only way I can get rid of it is (don't laugh :^) is if I ground my body with a small electric wire to the Kemper casing. I guess there's a way out of it without getting connected, but can't find it thru the Internet.

Thanks, Rejean

Just bought the Kemper 2 weeks ago, it's magic. I started playing guitar about 2 years ago and it's been my relief valve for the past 24 months or so, still struggling with the learning process. I have a PRS Custom 24 and an American strat to go along with the Kemper, a pair of Yamaha's HS8 for the guitar part with a pair of KRK's RP6 G2 for the backings.