Posts by kirtseth

It is actually... If you have the trio hooked to from the amp output (to the Kemper input) and simultaneously have the Trio connected to a pre-amp (Focusrite in my case), the Trio signal goes out to the pre-amp and the guitar signal is passed straight through to the amp; without any color added. It says that in the Trio manual....

Chiming in a bit late here... but after reading all the reviews about Trio and BeatBuddy, then after reading all the BeatBuddy vs Trio comments, I decided to go ahead and purchase both. I am glad I did. It is so nice to stomp in a drum track on Beatbuddy and play. But is also nice (and easy) to get a beat for a guitar rhythm that you just hear or come up with. I hook the BeatBuddy via stereo into my Focusrite and do not connect the guitar. Then hook the Trio into the Kemper and Focusrite, then plug the guitar into the Trio. My home studio is now a really, really fun setup. I can already tell this is going to make practice so much more efficient and is going to help my timing immensely.

Now, would like to get the foot controller for Trio and add a loop with the BeatBuddy.

From the user manual.... "When connected to both the MIXER and AMP OUT jacks, the guitar signal will be fed to the AMP output and the bass and drum parts will be fed to the MIXER output."

Off to the guitar store to buy one!!

I figured this out, I think... Just plug the Trio Amp Out to the front guitar connection on the Kemper.
    Not! That would send the background drum/bass through the Kemper...

I have decided to pick one of these up, but am scratching my head as to how I would hook it up to my current rig.

I have a Kemper Profiler (no amp) where I plug the guitar into the front, then connect the Kemper to my Scarlett 18i20 via SPDIF. I know that I want to run the Trio Output to the Scarlett (I think...), but how do I connect the guitar to the Kemper?

Regards,
    Kirt