Posts by matthewproctor

How do you change between kemper profiles? You using a midi pedal to do this or just manually?

Bought a Kemper second hand and i'd like to completely restore it to Factory (only factory rigs, no rigs in perform mode set etc.)

I've seen people say use system and then 'factory restore' - but this says it won't remove the current rigs loaded. Advice? I want it stock

I'm a huge fan of reverb. Picked up a kemper - absolutely love it! Delay is nice - happy to drop my Strymon Timeline, but I find the reverbs lacking big time compared to my BigSky.

has anyone got any advice other than "run it in the effects loop". Ideally I'd love to drop all my pedals (as my friends using the kemper have done) and just run the kemper remote by itself, but feel id be losing a lot... Advice :?:

I got a behringer FCB1010 with my Kemper. I'm used to quality analogue pedals (and some digital ala strymon). I just can't enjoy using this thing - it feels like a cheap piece of junk!

Has anyone made a custom midi controller or similar for their kemper?

I've still got my normal pedalboard, and I guess I can use the kemper for just the profiled amps, but i'd also like to try the onboard effects. Would be nice to have a single piece of (quality) kit that just works.

I have looked into the kemper remote but seem's very pricey and hard to get hold of? I know it adds loop functionality but I really don't need that.

I would love a midi controller to change profiles, turn stomp boxes on/off, tuner and tap, and then run my strymon timeline and bigsky with that. Small, portable.

Any advice? :)

Hi my name is Matt

I've just pulled the trigger this week on a KPA (unpowered) lunchbox/white. At first I was a massive sceptic but I must admit so far am really loving the amp profiles!

I sold my Dr Z Maz 18 jr a few weeks ago and saw this on an musicians buying/selling page on facebook - included a kemper bag and behringer 1010 controller with kemper chip installed.

I have a few questions i'd like to ask.

1.) How many of you use the KPA alone - no stand alone pedals, just the KPA and built in effects?

2.) How many of you run a normal pedalboard into the KPA? I love my normal pedalboard, but perhaps it's more effective to replace with the KPA built in effects. Will these be updated anytime soon?

3.) Do you run drives straight into the KPA and other effects in the loop?

I have a couple really nice pedals (strymon timeline, bigsky) that are far more extensive than whats currently available on the KPA. Then i've got a couple nice drive pedals (greer amps lightspeed, bondi sick as) a cali76 compact deluxe compression pedal and a tapestry audio bloomery. I love all of these pedals. The KPA can easily replace the drives, and the compression. But it doesn't do what the strymons can do (that I know of?)

4.) Lastly, the behringer remote has the kemper chip so in theory it does all that the kemper remote can do. But I still find myself wanting a proper kemper remote. Is it worth while me selling my drive pedals and the behringer 1010, and keeping my two strymons and buying a kemper remote to place on one board?