Posts by pat6969

Anyone have any idea if the speaker is anything special with regards to the imprints? I know it will work well in an “FRFR” application as it has a whizzer cone but I’m finding that the imprints work excellent with the V30 speaker in my Mesa 112. Just throwing this out there as I’ve owned a lot of these speakers and the imprints take on their characteristics exceptionally well even with the V30. It’s actually pretty damn cool.

I couldn’t find a topic like this so thought I’d start one as I’m interested in direct profiles. Post your favourites, exchange or commercial.

Mine so far is the Tone Junkie Dirty Surly pack. These are so good! Touch sensitivity is better than anything I’ve tried and they react beautifully to the guitars volume knob. Only 6 direct profiles in the pack but they are so good I don’t need any more!

I couldn’t help myself and bought the Dirty Surely pack and the Scumback M75 pack to use with the direct profiles. This is what I’ve been searching for!!!!! 6 direct profiles that cover everything I’ll need from clean to mean and sound simply killer!! Can’t wait to pair them with the Scumbacks and try that through the PA!!

Don't worry about authenticity of the sound. As paults said, if it sounds good – it is good. In the end of the day the only thing you are looking for is the sound, and it doesn't matter what name was written on the box. Kemper gives you ability to capture the sound you like and adjust it to your needs and taste. So look at tone stack (and other knobs) not as "going further from authenticity", but as "going towards to what I like and what I need". With all that, don't be afraid to adjust profile settings, they are there to help you balance profile sound with guitar/cab/frfr/etc.

Good points. Thanks.

Could be that the (real) amp was tweaked until it sounded good with the used cab(s). And mics - sometime there is a certain sweet spot, but a little adjustment on the amp is needed.

The separation of amp part and cab is not "authentic" on most studio profiles. In your case there might be a coloration of the cab section baked into the amp part that you like.

So how much can you tweak the tone stack on a direct profile before you lose the authentic sound of the real amp profiled?

If it sounds good, it is good :)

Did you play a TC 50 combo, or head? If your home Cabinet is aimed more directly at your face than what you heard at the guitar store, it will likely sound very bright with Direct Amp Profiles. Normally, a conventional guitar cabinet is aimed closer to the player's knees or waist.

I played the combo and that makes sense. I’m thinking they maybe had the presence and treble turned really high when they profiled. I turned them down to -5 each and it sounds much better.

Well, some studio profiles anyway. I played a Triple Crown 50 last time I was in the guitar store and it sounded great. Thick, punchy and rather Marshally. Loved it, so I bought the Tone Junkie TC pack. To me, the direct profiles sound thin and fizzy, I was rather disappointed! Maybe they profiled the DI out? I wouldn’t think so but hey, what do I know. So last resort, I load some of the studio profiles in and bam, this is what I remember the amp sounding like. It sounds great through my Powerhead and 412. Am I crazy:?:

Everything 50% of right now!! Bought the Triple Crown, PT100 and BE100 profiles. Even the discounted items are 50% off. The PT and BE are on sale for $10, so they were $5 each after the discount!! Fun weekend coming up!!

Thanks for the feedback. I made a couple more that I think sound a bit better as I refined them a bit longer. They sound a bit brighter and more representative of the 2525H. For reference, the number behind the dash is where I had the input gain set. These are DA profiles, no cab, not sure why a cab name came up in one of the profiles but there is no cab. This profiling is a blast!! Thanks!!

Hey all!! Just made my first profile. I profiled 8 times with the exact same amp settings and they all sounded slightly different. Maybe tube warm up? Anyway, the one in the rig exchange nailed my Mini Jubilee on the lead setting. It’s titled Jubilee 2525, and it’s a DA profile. I play it through a 412 with GB’s and V30’s in an X. Try it and let me know how you like it. Thanks.

Here's another question. Can I use a Fryette Powertstation to profile an amp? It has a direct out that is taken from the speaker output and stepped down for input into a DAW. I assume I could get cranked amp profiles at bedroom levels using the PS.

in the output of the section of the Profiler you can set the monitor output cab off. This disables the cab section in any profile. Will that accomplish what you need?

Maybe, I just heard that a Direct Amp profile was best when using a powerhead to a cab.

Unfortunately, there is not a Standardized naming convention for Direct Amplifier Rigs.

I suggest using Rig Manager to search Rig Exchange.

Using RM will let you not only search for the word "direct", but, you will likely get even more results with a sort by the Cabinet column. If you don;t see a Cabinet name, or there is some indication in that field that there is no cab, it is either a DA Rigs (the kind you want), or a Direct Preamplifier (DI) Rig (the kind you don't want).

I was under the impression a direct profile was a profile of the entire amp without the cab, aka DI.