Posts by pat6969

Well, some studio profiles anyway. I played a Triple Crown 50 last time I was in the guitar store and it sounded great. Thick, punchy and rather Marshally. Loved it, so I bought the Tone Junkie TC pack. To me, the direct profiles sound thin and fizzy, I was rather disappointed! Maybe they profiled the DI out? I wouldn’t think so but hey, what do I know. So last resort, I load some of the studio profiles in and bam, this is what I remember the amp sounding like. It sounds great through my Powerhead and 412. Am I crazy:?:

Everything 50% of right now!! Bought the Triple Crown, PT100 and BE100 profiles. Even the discounted items are 50% off. The PT and BE are on sale for $10, so they were $5 each after the discount!! Fun weekend coming up!!

Thanks for the feedback. I made a couple more that I think sound a bit better as I refined them a bit longer. They sound a bit brighter and more representative of the 2525H. For reference, the number behind the dash is where I had the input gain set. These are DA profiles, no cab, not sure why a cab name came up in one of the profiles but there is no cab. This profiling is a blast!! Thanks!!

Hey all!! Just made my first profile. I profiled 8 times with the exact same amp settings and they all sounded slightly different. Maybe tube warm up? Anyway, the one in the rig exchange nailed my Mini Jubilee on the lead setting. It’s titled Jubilee 2525, and it’s a DA profile. I play it through a 412 with GB’s and V30’s in an X. Try it and let me know how you like it. Thanks.

Here's another question. Can I use a Fryette Powertstation to profile an amp? It has a direct out that is taken from the speaker output and stepped down for input into a DAW. I assume I could get cranked amp profiles at bedroom levels using the PS.

in the output of the section of the Profiler you can set the monitor output cab off. This disables the cab section in any profile. Will that accomplish what you need?

Maybe, I just heard that a Direct Amp profile was best when using a powerhead to a cab.

Unfortunately, there is not a Standardized naming convention for Direct Amplifier Rigs.

I suggest using Rig Manager to search Rig Exchange.

Using RM will let you not only search for the word "direct", but, you will likely get even more results with a sort by the Cabinet column. If you don;t see a Cabinet name, or there is some indication in that field that there is no cab, it is either a DA Rigs (the kind you want), or a Direct Preamplifier (DI) Rig (the kind you don't want).

I was under the impression a direct profile was a profile of the entire amp without the cab, aka DI.

"Not sure what this means-flat? I own a pair of ASM-12's and and with the 100hz cut engaged they are fairly flat.

Please say what "transparent" means to you. Thanks."

Buzzword, used loosely these days.

Thanks guys! I have a Friedman profile from the exchange that sounds better than anything I've tried so far from any unit, it puts a huge smile on my face every time I play. My Friedman ASM-12 probably helps, what a killer monitor it is. Heavy as hell, but sounds great. After I get the remote, I'm putting a freeze on buying, LOL! Ya right!

Should the inspiring situation be such that you have too much money then I know somebody who gives his help to you to spend it. ^^

I'll keep that in mind. Luckily the AX8 and Helix are in high demand so I really lost nothing selling them, but I did gain a lot of knowledge which is why I'm back to Kemper. So it was a win for me.

Actually, pat, your story was inspiring, mate.

No kidding, I always love hearing this stuff. So happy for you.

Well, I'll give credit where credit is due. I got caught up in all this talk about CPU, TigerSharc chips, etc. etc. I came to the conclusion (from numerous articles) that Kemper uses a different approach to their design and it simply works. As far as I'm concerned, it's genius and the results prove it. I love going home, flicking the switch on, and playing for 2 hours without tweaking once, it's truly inspiring and I love it!!!

I just bought a used Kemper toaster (my second Kemper in the last year, not sure why I sold the first one) and my first order of business was uploading 4.0.6. Everything went super smooth but I am getting the occasional lockup. I'll turn the switch to tuner and it freezes on that screen with none of the buttons or knobs working. Sometimes it happens when I go from tuner to browser. It will lock up for 3-5 minutes and then start working. Note that when it locks up the sound of the loaded profile is still working and I can play, I just can't change parameters or profiles. Anyone else have this problem or should I contact Kemper support?

So, I just want to say hello again!! In true gearhead fashion I sold my Kemper some time ago in pursuit of better tone. I bought a Fractal AX8, had that for about 3 months, sold it and bought another Helix, had that for about a month, and now I'm back with another Kemper. I have to say that all of this was absolutely pointless as nothing sounds as good as the Kemper, well maybe the actual amp, but who can afford to own 100 amps. There is something to be said for knowing that the tone you are hearing is the actual amp and not someone's take on what that amp should sound like. The journey was long but I have verified that the Kemper is top of the heap as far as amp tones go. I'm back to playing and practicing rather than tweaking endlessly. Thank you Kemper for making such a great product, your technology is truly inspiring!!!