Posts by marzzz

How does the Kemper Powered Kab sound at lower (i.e. “bedroom”) volumes? I have been playing my Kemper Rack thru headphones, but there are times where I would like to hear it out loud, but at reasonable volumes.

Of course, there are also times I want to have my neighbors hear me practice, LOL!

I have had a few people scoff at me for putting my non-powered Kemper Rack in an enclosure that looks like an amp head (see avatar pic to left). Now I have a feeling it will look perfect sitting on a Kemper Power Kab!

[XLR connector] u can do on your own. I have the rack version and mounted a Neutrik Connector in my wooden rack. Same u could build with the toaster.

My rack (pictured left as my avatar) doesn't have room for one. I am assuming this can be mounted inside the Kemper unit? Fortunately I am studio use only, but certainly if I was gigging I would prefer the more robust XLR connector as part of the KPA.

I plug into my Kemper. I have a clean tone. I have a clean but with some breakup tone. I have a crunchy tone. I have a Marshall tone, I have a high-gain Mesa Boogie tone. I have all of the effects I need, at the touch of a floor Remote.

Unless a Kemper 2 can even more accurately emulate the tone and feel of a well-maintained tube amp, I don't see a need for it unless the components to build it become unobtanium.

My Kemper sounded great when I first bought it in 2016. It sounds even better now, it gets superb clean tones which for me was the most difficult thing to emulate. I can’t imagine there is anything else I would want or need aside from an accurate 12-string emulation, which I can currently get with a Digitech Mosaic.

Not my latest, but I thought you might like to see this today.

I talked to the people at Ernie Ball about my guitar. They said the components were made in the US (as were all EVH guitars) but after the agreement with Eddie Van Halen ended, they couldn't manufacture these guitars any more. So the handful that were made without his signature were assembled in Japan.

This is an exceptional guitar that I've owned for 25 years.

Story:

My first guitar was a red EBMM EVH, I got it as a gift to myself around 1994 for passing a difficult exam, and to try to start learning guitar. Found it at Makn' Music in Chicago, the reason I bought it was because the smallish neck (1 5/8", nice comfortable "C" shape) fit my hand and the guitar felt good- I was pretty clueless. I paid $800 for it, not realizing it was a used guitar. Sent the warranty card in to Ernie Ball, and they contacted me saying the guitar had been previously registered. But I liked the guitar enough to keep it- played well, had an amazing birdseye maple neck. Fast forward to when Eddie pulled his endorsement, when one of the sales guys at Makn' Music called me up and asked if I wanted to sell the guitar back. For a joke I saw "sure, for $2400!" and I should have realized something was up when he didn't hesitate saying yes. Turns out I had a first production run model, and the guy turned around and sold it to a collector in Japan for $6000. Well, at least it paid for my first Steinberger...!

Welcome! I have the Tone at 11:00 and the Level at 1:00, and run it into the profile “Remember Me” (something like that; a clean JC-120 profile) which has a compressor and chorus. I also like to use a bridge humbucker, and have found that picking close to the bridge enhances both tone and tracking.

I justified buying a Kemper because I'm a bedroom (metal) player. The simplest setup is guitar > Kemper > headphones.

In my case, my wife works at home so headphones it is. I do have one pedal (Digitech Mosaic 12-string effect) which the Kemper can't recreate, so it is guitar->Mosaic->Kemper->headphones. I did try the Mosaic in the Stomp A loop, but the results were suboptimal.

So yeah, speaking of Tom Anderson...I

NO, NO, NO. Purple is wonderful!!! I actually ordered a custom guitar and it was meant to be that colour. Unfortunately it didn't turn out purple and I only stuck with it because the resulting colour was also very nice.

I still yearn for a purple Music Man axis/EVH....

Purple is the way forward dude!!! Its not a commitment but a way of life :)

Well, as I hinted above, it's on its way...likely will get here Friday.

What's wrong with purple? I wouldn't mind if one of my mine was. :) I'm tired of black guitars :sleeping:

I hear ya, but I would actually prefer a blue guitar. Purple is a bit too different, and FWIW the picture above is actually a bit darker than what the guitar really looks like; the seller sent me some iPhone pics for comparison. As someone once told me (literally), "purple is a commitment!"