Posts by kulagun

My apologies, I should clarify that those are things I hear people discuss on Youtube. Basically I think it comes down to people being threatened (Maybe by what they are selling, Tube Amps, Pedals etc...) by the Kemper or any other new modeling type gear coming out.

In my humble novice guitar playing opinion...

Kemper is awesome however everyone should agree that another player will pass them up, when? No idea. It could be now with the QC. Time will tell. In reality who cares right? We can't take this stuff with us, lets honestly hope another player comes along and is 5x better as it will only promote competition and better gear.

Kemper doesn't push air, Kemper doesn't do X. Well let's hope something comes along that does everything that we want.

Hello my fellow Kemper owners.

What I am trying to do is capture the U2 sounds for certain songs. Kemper is great at giving me many amps to choose from however this is what I want and maybe the Kemper can't do it.
    I think the Axe FX does but I don't want to go there.

I want to create a setting that I can recall anytime with certain delays, amp settings, reverb, shimmer etc... for certain U2 Songs.

Like U2's Beautiful day has 3 or 4 certain parts to the songs where the Edge turns on/off certain pedals.
    So with the foot controller I would want B-Day - Intro, B-day Verse, B-day Chorus etc... if you understand my meaning.

Then maybe some songs have just 1 setting but I would like to get the setup and recall them easily forever.

Can this be done? Do I go the "Performance" Route, can it be done with software on the computer or do I do it with the Kemper itself.

Anyway, Thanks everyone!!
    This is just a hobby, hopefully I can make it work. :)

HI - I am looking to play some backing tracks also. I bought the min-trs to rca cable. I am assuming to plug my phone in to the alternate input on the back. Do you mess with the output to put the backing tracks to 1 of your speakers (I have 2)? What did you do? Is there any documentation on this?

Thanks

When I went to the store they had the Yamaha HS8 and Adam A7x, I just listed to music on them and they both sounded good. The Adams weren't twice as good but I didn't give it enough time to compare.

I guess what I am looking for is a speaker to accurately give the tones the Kemper can give. I am probably over thinking it but my guess is if you want a studio monitor you want one that is neutral.
    I definetly don't want to spend a ton of money but it seems odd to drop 2k on the Kemper for what it does and have a speaker muddy it up the sound. I could be wrong, I will rely on the lords of the Kemper for guidance.

Hello all -

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Focal Solo6 Be studio monitors? They get good reviews, from the Focal line they are the first studio monitor that seems to have a flat response. Frequency response: 40Hz-40kHz with no +/-
    I don't play live or in a band, just at home.

I went to Guitar Center, listened to music on the Yamaha HS8, Adam A7x, they both sounded good. Not sure If I could tell the difference. Sweetwater has 0% for 36-48 months so I am looking to get a good set.

Thanks for your response.

Picking the right speaker is exhausting, since I only play at home I am looking at studio monitors. Maybe Focal.

My only concern with it was the Celestion speaker. I was afraid it would color the tones as it is not a true FRFR.

Glad your happy with it though.

I reached out to Friedman to see the difference between the B-52 and the ASM. They said it was the same licensed amplifier however the speakers and the obvious cab design were different.

Either way, it looks really cool!
    Not sure what other FRFRs have but this is what the ASM has.
    Low Frequency Transducer: Celestion - 12” speaker with 2.5” edge wound voice coil
    High Frequency Transducer: Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1.75” voice coil

Thanks for the updates.

Seems like the KPA was the easy choice, after reading a ton of posts, the FRFR is the difficult one.

Yamaha DXR, CLR, Friedman ASM-12 etc...
    I guess thats what makes it fun!

Hello all, I watched a lot of youtube videos and I made the order on the non powerhead version. I guess my question is now what?

Do I just plug it into my computer and play through the speakers or do I have to order a FRFR speaker? It looks like I can hook it up with headphones.
    Do I need something like a Focusrite Clarett to be able to play through my computer or record with computer?

Ultimately what I want to do is to be able to play backing tracks and try to get vintage U2 sounds like many do with the Axe FX.

Thanks for your help. :)