Posts by Andy_T-V

Manual 10.2 pdf

Pages 28 - 40 explain the front panel in detail .... You must have missed those. If you can't be bothered with all that, here's a start for you:

Module and Section Buttons (3)

These buttons are associated with the modules and section of the signal chain as described in the chapter Rigs and

Signal Chain before. A short press will switch the associated module or section on and off. Press longer to open the

associated menu. Once inside a menu use the <PAGE> buttons to scroll through pages of parameters.

HTH

Sounds like you are finding the subharmonics, a whole 'nother rabbit hole!

Try this: Finger A on the E string (5th fret) and G (8th fret on B string) Bend the G up to A (unison) Play this - it should sound sweet. While it is ringing, let the bend down (not too slowly or the energy be lost) - When you get past the pitch dissonance, there'll be another G lower than the one you are playing. I think this is what you are hearing. The more gain you use the stronger it will be.

Easier: Play a C on the A string (3rd fret) - Sounds ok? - now add, while the C is ringing, an E on the D string (2nd fret) and listen out for a C lower down.

That's why 'power chords' are generally Root and Fifth. The harmonics play nicer than when other intervals (thirds etc) are involved .... Caveat: IMHO 8)

I have an aggregate device setup already but it can still be a bit unstable plus the biggest issue is that latency of the aggregate device becomes the nearly 12ms of the KPA rather than less than that of my MOTU.

Hmm yes, it does add up. Unless you are all racked up, you could just pull the USB cable when not required? .... IGMC, HNY! 8)

There's a Fuchs ODS by Zoltan1957 on the rig exchange which works great with a jazz box and flat-wounds . It's at the Joe Pass end of your interest but well worth a listen.

I agree with Morph ... sounds like a multi-head delay in there somewhere. Check out your delay if you are using it - if not, then used another reverb - a plate or hall would be smoother.

If there are multiple groups of PROFILER and Remote within the same network, you need to enter the Remote menu (press Rig Button 1 plus TAP simultaneously), deselect Autoconnect, and select the serial number of the PROFILER you want to pair the Remote with. Otherwise the Remote searches and autoconnects to the first PROFILER it finds, which could be accidental.

This very thing happened to me during a rehearsal yesterday. I didn't know what I had done but being seated, it's possible I hit the combination above inadvertently. The remote became unresponsive and I had to reboot the KPA (head) but the remote remained unresponsive and the attached exp pedal (vol) didn't control the now howling amp! At the break, I restored from a backup and reconnected the now missing FX buttons. All well and good!

So, 1) Watch where you put your feet! 2) Always carry a backup. 3) Zero your guitar vol before rebooting - just in case! 4) In a fast changing gig, keep your backups up to date (daily - if necessary)

... and breathe!

With the speaker as a wedge facing me ... I've set my High Cut (by ear) to 5612.2 Hz ... AND ...

because the 108 (and yes, I do have one) is quite hefty at the bottom end, Low Cut to 81.3 Hz (you might want to lower this if you are using drop D/C

This works for me and I haven't had any whinges from FOH to date.

What do soundguys prefer ? -12 dB or is there no "ideal" outputsignal ...

I used to send 0.0 to sound (he never mentioned it) ... when Kemper added the -12 option, I asked his preference. "-12, it were a bit 'ot before" ... so -12 it is. Gives a bit of headroom.

I think this is only possible in Performance mode:

Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode

MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to external devices (maximum 2), whenever a Slot gets loaded in Performance Mode. You can, for instance, use this to switch presets, or to control parameters, of effects devices by other manufacturers that are connected to the effect loop of the PROFILER.

In System Settings, navigate to “Performance Mode: MIDI” page. Please note that this page is only accessible in Performance Mode.

MIDI 347

• Use the soft knobs to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices.
    • Use soft buttons to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI

THRU. The MIDI THRU is not available at PROFILER Stage.

• For your convenience, you can also assign meaningful names to the two external devices using soft buttons.
    • Press Edit, Slot Settings> MIDI Settings, then select the MIDI program change numbers associated with the

currently loaded Slot. Repeat this step for every Slot you intend to send MIDI program changes from.

As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the PROFILER will stop forwarding incoming MIDI data to the MIDI THRU.