Posts by Andy_T-V

... what is the purpose of the mater left if you only get half the stereo signal which I assume would be the same as master stereo.

Here's my take on that:

master left to monitor - powered output to speaker (behind) It's only half a signal so different to mono as described by @paults upthread.
    XLR out (right) to powered wedge (in front)

et voila, Stereo! It's front to back (as opposed to side to side) but sounds great and there is a feeling of depth.

Of course this uses one of the XLR outs so if you need to send stereo to FOH you'll need to take the thru from your wedge (I run a second XLR cable back to the stage box _ keeps it simple for the soundies!)

I did spend a while wondering where the 'master right' setting was before I twigged that you don't need it (its already at the main outputs)

:P seriously though, I did try it in the loop but there was a noise / high pass filter effect (impedance issues, I guess) . As it is now, it's the first thing the guitar 'sees', sounds much better (IMHO) and can be left on (momentary setting) for instant access. Did I mention the H9 in the loops? (teehee)

What's the German source? I gotta know? Behringer?

It's from Thomann - MA8/2 CL. Cheap and cheerful. It's pretty pokey for it's size and for my purposes is loud enough. It does roll off at the bottom end but there's plenty of that (low frq.) from the other cab. Ive used it as the sole amp for the KPA on (not so loud intimate cabaret - 80 seater room) gigs and it has been more than adequate. A pair in a bedroom would rip your head off! It's the smallest in a range so there is scope for heavier music (of the type I've heard you play in here) with the larger models.
    I feed it from one of the XLR outs. I did try a 1/4" out once but it had a slightly lower output and as such I had the wedge flat out and it was only just making it. HTH

When I bought my first (powered) Kemper, the speaker that was to hand was a Vox night Train (Greenback) which worked so well I opted to get another. Turns out the cabs are like rocking horse s*** and it took a while to acquire one second hand (from Germany). This had a Wharfdale speaker .... not so good :( . Remembering a speaker I had stored in the loft for some 30 years (!) I fished out an EVM12L (taken from my MkII Boogie because it sounded too harsh) et voila!, still in good condition and sounding great with the Kemper. As a nod to the FRFR school of thought (and so I can hear my self above cymbals and brass instruments) I use an 8'' powered wedge (form a known Germanic source!) next to my pedalboard, which completes the stereo image.
    On low volume gigs I use the Greenback (probably within an inch of its life!), others the EV. I generally leave Cab on.

Also, I just found out that you can save the whole effects and stomps section as a preset so,
    If you like say, a trem , delay, and verb setting you can save all 3 of those as 1. Same with stomps, If you like using multiple dist, a gate and a wah or octave, you can save the whole set of 4 on either side of the amp stack!

Next time you're playing, press and hold either the stomp or effects button under the 4 slots above till it flashes, then use the browse knob to pull up that preset menu! There's a few already stored in there. Hope I said this right and hope it helps!

Yes, dead right! Good call!

+1 for @808illest 's ADA direction. Luke's sound has always (to me) been preamp based. I think Marshalls would be a bit on the dry side. He also seems to be fond of big clean power amps (inc VS800s at one point) so most of the work is being done a preamp level. He's a self confessed gear freak so setups have changed regularly.
    Here's an article: http://www.stevelukather.com/media/84498/pastgear.pdf

and more importantly, a quote from it:

Lukather (June 2001): "I'm afraid with any gear you won't sound like me, really even if you DID have the exact gear you wouldn't. People think it's the amp and guitar that get the sound... Well, it is not. It HELPS to have great gear but we all sound the same thru any gear. I have played thru EVH's amps, I played Jeff Becks Strats... I still sound like me playing thru their gear! Hahaha, that's the way it is. Just groove and sound like yourself and have FUN!!!"

I've had this. Double check the mains connection at the Kemper end i.e., make sure it is fully home. I'm not entirely sure that this or the the sharp slap on the toaster is the fix but it seems to have gone away ... watch this space!

From 35:20 (ish) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (Charlie Mingus). Very tasteful and Carlton-esque playing by Peter Tiehuis.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just a thought ... where is the volume pedal in your signal chain; pre stomp, post stomp or pre fx? (In Rig - page 3 'location')
    If it is pre stomp then there's a possibility that when you switch TO Wah there will be less gain if the volume pedal wasn't flat out.
    FWIW, I always have my volume pedal pre effects and don't suffer this problem. Andy