Posts by Andy_T-V

He uses in ears sure, but nowhere does it say that profiles are optmized for same.

From "himself" - "I strive to capture and create great tones so that anyone can get those same sounds onstage and in the studio"

I'm having issues similar to what described here with both those versions.Would you mind sending me a SysEx dump of your All Access, so that I can check whether it's a problem with my configuration?
    That would be really helpful!

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s0l…16EiRGVAxmhfGr5YqD4a?dl=0 sysx + pic

Only Bank 1 will be of any interest - I tend to work with an analog pedal board in my head (Old dog etc!)

Re pic: Stomp (+2+3+) refer to Stomp 2 (+3+4) - Stomp 1 is permanently some form of Compressor. Hope this is of some use. Andy

Which OS Version are you on? It all worked pretty well for me too up to 4.0.6. The problems started with 4.2.2.

4.2.2 in show (don't need extreme delays on that one) and 5.0.0 for recording/gigging ... I only had difficulties in the very early 4's with slots behaving badly. All good now!

Hi @mrspag

I'm using an All Access as my board, so I sympathise! However, don't worry/panic. It works really well when it's all sorted out.

Much of what has been said upthread applies though one thing that hasn't been mentioned is setting your Kemper to receive on one channel only - The Midi Mate send on 6 channels so the potential for mixed messages is huge.

Also default settings (on Rocktron) can be a pain
    I use 5 (PC) + 10 (CC) per bank .... Button 7 defaults to CC 7 value 0 - so every time I shifted patch the volume was zeroed

The Module empty error is as @mortl describes above. There a two ways round this: 1) Change the the Rocktron - pain for every patch) OR 2) Put something (clean boost/od/whatever) in each of the five modules that your instant access buttons address, and then turn it off if not required in that patch.
    Sync up your leds: see page 11 of the Rocktron Manual.

Re 3 On the Kemper, I generally save Entire performance. The save (A,B,C,.....X etc) gives you the option of saving the current variation of the edited stomp in your fx pool. If you do the latter make sure you give the variation a unique name so you know what to look for at a later date.

Skål

Andy

Installed the update - flawless. I tested the delays and I was expecting the 2 LEDs above the Delay button to react, somehow, different based on the new types of delays (stereo, ping-pong) . But they display a continuous green colour - also couldn't find anything in the new manuals about it. I'm new enough (KPA owner since v4) so I don't know why 2 LEDs and how they should function.

Don't worry about it. At one time the twin LEDs showed delay ping pong-ing etc., but progress seems to have left that way behind. The colour is representative of the type of effect in the slot as in the others and, as an added bonus ... you get two of them! You never know, they may come back into play at a later date but, for now, treat them as one.

Hmm... Christoph's baseline Rig, perhaps?

I think you're right, Nicky. When it first happened the patch in Browser was indeed, 'Crunch' by C. Kemper.
    I then selected (in Browser) something that was obviously different sound-wise (an acoustic sim) just to test it
    It still comes up with the crunch sound but .... now no sign of the Crunch patch - anywhere - Disappeared!
    The plot thickens!

Not finding the reverse delays...Do I need to do a second update via stick ? or are they hidden in some setting I've not found ?

Keep dialling the Browse knob ... they start on the page after DLY Moogish and go on ... and on ... and on!

Here's an interesting one re boot time:

Just loaded latest FW (4.2.2)

I was noodling whilst watching the progress bar and a sound came through on the S/PDIF output (connected to DAW) when the bar was less than halfway and just before the FW number came up - No lights on the Kemper .... but Sound!

Timed it and it comes on at around 18 seconds - other outputs follow at around 40 seconds (after several goes these, numbers are consistent)

The sound that comes through seems to be some kind of crunch and is unrelated to the settings either in performance or browse , but is quite useable.

Fascinating!

@Arne ... I've sent Kemper support a link to a video of this behaviour.

The Library folder does remain closed ... unless there is a USB connection to the Kemper in which case all folders open. You can then close the folders, unplug and they will open again.

Hi Randy, welcome aboard!

you seem to have most things under control!

1. Only the 'Speaker Output' (Red socket - but not always!) is powered with the built in amp - the Monitor Output carries the same signal but at line level.

2. Again, 'Speaker Output' but yes!

3. Yes. I have sent 0dB level to FOH in the but when I asked about it I got "It'a bit hot so I put a 20dB pad in!"

There is, in the latest firmware a soft switch for setting Main Out to -12dB which should keep everybody sweet!

Also in Output Menu, page 2/7, you can uncheck the Main Out Link so you can alter your Monitor levels (Master Volume) without affecting the FOH signal.

4. The manual says 4, 8 & 16 ohms - I thinks NOT less than 4 covers it! I've been using a 16 ohm Vox Night Train cab (25W) to good effect. Cab emulation off (in Output menu)

enjoy ... Andy

I use one (H9) wired up as in your OP.
    No settings altered on Kemper or H9 other than:
    I adjust the mix on he H9

Works fine IMHO

Nice bit of kit!

Uncheck the links at the top of the screen on OUTPUT page2/7 and set each volume manually with knobs at bottom. I leave my monitor checked so I can vary my stage level (with Master Vol) without changing the main output to FOH