Posts by Andy_T-V

Those are the latest official versions (not including betas) so you're all good there.

I've had a few 'moments' with a Macbook Air where the USB port has shut down thus preventing any communication. Unplugging and replugging doesn't fix it. I think the mac is shutting down the port for some reason - i.e. not a Kemper issue (unless the Kemper is pulling too much current) - it is fixed by rebooting the mac.
    I have read (elsewhere on this forum) the suggestion that you put the mac to sleep and then wake it up again to cure the problem but I am not entirely convinced. I did ask the Kemper team about this but they didn't have the same issue - maybe its a laptop as opposed to a desktop problem.
    Seeing as you have already tried various rebooting sequences this of little use so I think I would be inclined to remove and re-install Rig Manager.
    Then reload your backup file (you made one didn't you?!) and see what happens

You could make an output profile for your DAW / PC Monitors:

Press Output and go to page 4/7 Main Output EQ

Tweak EQ to taste then

Press Store and select Output from the two flashing buttons

Create a name e.g. 'DAW' and pass store again

You can then recall this and other Output profiles by pressing Output and selecting with Browse

It might be an idea to store the Output profile that you use for the Laney first! (could well be Default)

Blimey ... it took me a while to type that one by the looks of it!

There are some odd behaviours in Performance which have arisen since 4.0.2 - patches appearing in the wrong slot - sound not matching the slot name etc.
    This can be cleared by changing banks and returning to the original bank. It doesn't clear changing patches within a bank

(I have always saved after editing anyway but haven't used browser mode, so not sure if this is the culprit)

Kemper are aware of this and no doubt, this will be addressed.

skål

Andy

Hey Nicky,

Seriously, no offence taken! I think I had just come back from the gig when I read your post ... I spent two whole days tinkering and leaving the Kemper on soak without a problem so took it in to work (as in pic) I will admit to previously having a hairy moment with 4.0.1 when, after soundcheck and a break, I came back to the green screen & later the DSP overload. Probably due to my using a MIDI intensive controller (All Access) By the time I got home the next fix was online and had identified the MIDI problem.
    In the past, I've flipped standby switches on valve amps to that awful crackling sound and on one occasion a plume of smoke just minutes before a show ... and survived to tell that tale
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry!
    Skål

P.S. 40 years a pro.

Andy

If something in the output section was changed as you say, try this:
    Press Output then use Browse to select from a page of output profiles. I guess Default would be a good place to start.
    I've only just discovered this myself looking to set eq for different speaker cabs. There are seven pages of settings to play with.
    I hope this is of some use.
    Skål
    Andy

Have you tried the SE215s direct into the Kemper (with adapter)? If you like that sound then its down to the wireless. I use the 215s on a daily basis an find them to be excellent. When I used a radio pack with them it was a Sennheiser. Not sure which model but likely an EW100. Again this was fine. Some radios compress the bandwidth which spoils the sound. I notice Michael Britt uses a Line 6 setup, might be worth a look?

OK ... deep breath ...

I've been playing with the Looper (no remote) and a (3) switch box as above.

In System Settings - Pedal 2 : Mode - Dual switch : Switch Ring - Looper Start : Switch Tip Looper Stop. Calibrate the switches.

Flying blind (there are no start/stop etc. leds to see on the Kemper) - This was in performance mode

Button 1:
    1st press: Record
    2nd press: Dub (starts loop) OR 2 quick presses for Play

then 2 quick presses Play (no further dubs)
    thereafter - 1 press Dub: 2 presses Play

Button 2: Stop .... Not sure about this. The loop stops but what to press next is vague (a bit like that statement!)

STOP: Button 3 followed by button 1.

Button 3: (in Stop mode)
    3 quick presses to delete recording.

I've tried a number of button combinations but little else seems to happen other than a very short echo loop after using Button 2 to stop and restarting.

Once you have stopped the loop there doesn't seem to be a way to restart it.

The pre/post switch in System is greyed out (presumably this only available when a remote is attached.
    This means all sounds (loop & live) go through the stomps/stack/effects.

I think it better to use use just two switches (1&3) as switch 2 (combined 1&3 via diodes) seems lead things astray. A 2 switch box would also be neater.

With these switches only, it's a (very) basic but useable for noodling and working out ideas.

That's as much as I have found so far (no doubt there is a thread elsewhere that I have missed!

Skål

Andy