Posts by Andy_T-V

Ah yes, should have said ... the HX controls everything (KPA, H9 and a Molten Voltage SIMI - look it up) via MIDI

It's (HX) also set on channel 16 (KPA on 1, H9 on 2 ,SIMI on 3) so that any changes elsewhere have to be set per patch (this avoids the KPA simply ghosting the HX patch numbers). This way, I can call up/alter a profile/patch from anywhere in the KPA (I keep generic banks in the higher performances). I use the HX instant settings(lightning flashes) in command centre.

Why all this complexity? ... because I very rarely play a fixed/pre-arranged set, so it has to be cobbled together on the day from a generic start, in-between sight reading the charts!

I use an HXFX with the KPA but, in front and as a controller (I don't like the KPA remote) I tried the 4 cable method but the latency was too much (15ms - I have an H9 attached as well).

So, currently, the HX is my on my board and I'm working with a combination of HX/KPA FX as a front end. As it turns out I can use snapshots to alter a number of things on the KPA while retaining the same general FX setup on the HX, eg (an extreme example) I can have 4 different phase/vibe sounds in A,B,C,D and can select the best one for the 'job', save that snapshot which then become the patch that is selected each time on the HX. I keep one of the HX buttons (in pedal board mode) as a Snapshot select so I can cycle through easily. I'm of the opinion that no one piece of kit (including the KPA) can do everything and am happy to mix and match to get what I need (best wah is in the H9 IMHO!).

Touché! ... I went through the whole nine yards from the ‘Dalek’s Handbag’ GR 700 -> GR70 (that was good)-> GR 50 (OK) and then the Axon - I also have the Godin Multiac (Nylon) My rack synths have (mostly) gone the way of all things now so I’m limited to various plugins in Logic. I think I’ll dust off the Godin and have a fiddle around - thanks for the nudge! Skål! ?

Guitar is all I do. This year has been a complete write off.

^This^ .... No work since March 14. Missing the playing with others . A handful of (mostly speculative) remote sessions and a couple of Facebook appearances aside, I've been working on a project with my wife - various cookery/art videos for our YouTube channel 'Surmulerum' (link below) - The weekly deadline keeps me on the go and I've been honing my writing/engineering/mixing skills. My rig is in disarray after frequent tweaks and needs attention. On the plus side, I bought a Kone and am mulling over a Dry/Wet setup where the Kone is dry (it sounds so good) and the fx are elsewhere. I already have it down at home but I do wonder what some Soundies will make of it?! ... Anyway, I have a 20+ minute soundtrack on the go, to be finished today (it's going to be sparse!) Keep at it, everyone!

My main doubt is: is it possible that my head shows the option "Auto/Internal" in Output Section, but it's still a model without the new chip that allow to be setted as a slave?

I just checked my (older than 3 years) head and there is no option "Auto/Internal" available so I think that yours is likely to have the new chip and that you should be able to 'set' it as a slave (presumably Auto).

I've had look at the Scarlett (gen 3) manual and there's little to go on there. Assuming you had previously (i.e. before the update) had the KPA as master and the Scarlett set to S/PDIF did you reboot the Scarlett when you changed it to Internal?

With the Scarlett running, it might be worth setting the KPA to Auto and then restarting it. There may be a time-out where it reverts to Internal if it doesn't receive a clock signal.

FWIW, I think S/PDIF is a PITA! ... a pair of balanced XLRs gets the job done!

Edit: just seen kpahuitsing post above (mine took a while!) ... Standard audio RCA cable will pass signals but they are not good enough for Digital.