Posts by Stierage

I also have this issue, and I also resolved it by putting to max to clear it (a few times) but the gradually the issue got worse and it's now back with Kemper.

I have the same issue, and the amp is back with Kemper. At the moment they can't re-produce the problem. It was happening to me during gigs after about the 5th song and I had the change to using the Monitor Out to an active speaker (quite stressful during a gig!)

Will report back when they find the problem.

So Mirko has just made his first UK sale, an LG12 passive. We just spend 45 minutes on the phone, and as I have little or no Italian, it took some time, but eventually I based my decision on the passion that Mirko demonstrated rather than the technical explanation he was able to give me.

My main question to him was why could you not simply restrict the frequencies of a FRFR speaker like an Atomic CLR or a Friedman ASM-12 using the Cab sim from the Kemper and make it sound the same as his speaker?

I think Mirko's answer was that the Cab sim would not filter these extended frequencies, but that it could be done with EQ. He did mention that it is also the intensity of each frequency that is important which may affect the quality of sound between the RS and an EQ'd FRFR.

Anyway, I explained that the UK market would struggle to understand his English translation on his website so he is going to send me the Italian text so I can get it translated and edited for him which may encourage more UK customers to consider the Red Sound option. Currently there is no stock of FRFR speakers in the UK that I have found, only pre-order, so we have to make our decision on other people's experiences.

Does this mean it colours the sound like a guitar cab, or does it simply restrict the frequency to only be suitable for guitar. i.e. will I still be able to use my cab sims on the KPA?

I like the sound of my Jet City cab (4 X 12 eminence) in that it delivers a very punchy sound, but I like to be able to change cab sims as well. The Bose sounds very clear, but lacks the punch.

:?::)

Thanks. Price (delivered to th UK) of the passive version is about the same as the passive CLR wedge with similar spec. Just waiting for a reply from Red Sound before making a decision.

Also worth mentioning is that I sometimes use a Roland VG99 and a Roland Strat to simulate sounds outside the guitar range e.g. keyboards, but I guess I can continue to use the Bose for that.

So I have a Powerhead and have been using it with a Bose L1 Model 2 and 4 X 12 Eminence (Jet City) Cab. If I use an Eminence Cab sim, Bose sounds similar. However, I have the electronic drums and the vocals going through the Bose as well, so considering buying a separate FRFR speaker for the Kemper. Reading between the lines on this forum, the more experienced of you seem to be advocating an active FRFR speaker irrespective of whether the Kemper has the power amplifier.

Am I correct?

:thumbup: