Posts by chrismilne

Excellent keep them coming :)

I think others bashing of the $40 profile has been beaten to death at this point though, either people will buy it or not, i don't know why people get so worked up about it. It's economics, let him find his sweetspot of what the market will bear.

Previously i've been noticing that in some profiles i've bought (or demos) recently that initially i liked it but after listening back i notice a bit of a cocked wah sound...i wonder if that's something a bit off with the profiling process for certain amp types. I haven't had a chance to try your sample yet, hopefully can try tonight.

Thanks. I gave them a quick go (only in headphones unfortunately). The low end is a bit more clean, it's still really high gain at least on my EMG's, i can try another pickup tomorrow. I'll also let you know what i think it sounds like when i hear what i played through my car (where i can tell better than the headphones). Do you have any clips of the actual amp recorded for comparison to the profiles you recorded?

I tried these again with my Ernie Ball Silhouette Special and the gain (for this type of sound) was not too hot. My old Ibanez that i put EMG's in is too hot i think I need to lower the pickups or something they are almost touching the strings :) Also that "clipping sound" is not from your profile it seems to be a little bit of popping/clicking sound mostly between my Ernie Ball SS and the Kemper, i'll have to investigate that more (it's in a lot of other profiles too).

Thanks again!

Thanks! Let me know what you think. I'm open to trying any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks. I gave them a quick go (only in headphones unfortunately). The low end is a bit more clean, it's still really high gain at least on my EMG's, i can try another pickup tomorrow. I'll also let you know what i think it sounds like when i hear what i played through my car (where i can tell better than the headphones). Do you have any clips of the actual amp recorded for comparison to the profiles you recorded?

Excellent thanks, I'll try it!!

Did you try this? I'm in this situation, i took an OWNHammer folder i had and copied a bunch of cabs on my Kemper and now it's so tedious to scroll through. On top of that you can't really read the display so i have no idea what i'm picking, just trying to choose by ear from all these cabs with the same name. I want to remove everything and start over.

Nope, without backing track after all if someone ask you man how it sound? You need to post something in a whole context (mix) if you are not a noob, then everyone can hear how the guitar fit in the mix etc... if you are noob you can post just guitar sample * yes can sounds good) but without comparison i can say only how they are played IMO. At the end guitar, amp can sounds good alone but in the mix or with band can sound shitty. :D
    Stay Metal!

Depends on what the person who purchases is looking for. If it's someone that is most likely playing/jamming by themselves or in a live band situation I think they mostly want to just hear the guitar and what it sounds like alone. If there goal is mainly for recording and releasing songs then they want to hear it in the mix. Personally, 95% of the time i just want to hear the guitar track by itself and what it would sound like when i'm just playing.