Posts by daioni

I use an ep booster out front and it definitely boosts the signal. Its prob the profile you are using or compression. Currently though Im using the ep for the tone shaping and not the boost but I have played around with it and it boosts the signal just like it did on my tube amps

Same with me (though even with the boost rolled right back, the ep still provides a noticeable increase in volume)

Your paying for Love & quality with customshop guitars, its little things, like Rolled necks, goated frets not worn down after wood has shrunk on neck, neck radius & contours, wiring and general better parts (saddle/nut/switches) - but the sound is similar.

I picked up a second hand MIM cabronita for a ~$300 (drunk bid, woke up with a "what did I buy feeling?"). As soon as I sat down with it, it was magic.

Fast-forward a year or so, I have another magic moment (Wayne's World style), when I stumble across a custom shop limited edition cabronita in a Tokyo guitar shop. That one cost 10x as much as the MIM. Is it better? Sure, and I love the little things (as pointed out above). Does it sound 10x better? Nah. But I could afford it and I have never regretted buying it. If it's not a stretch to pay the extra, why not?

There's definitely some gold hidden in the RE, but you have to do a lot of digging. I'd love to see a setup similar to what Bias does on the ipad - click to preview, comments section, rating - it's very slick, highly functional, and saves a lot of time.

As noted above, there's not a lot/any feedback for the vast majority of profiles on RE. Some of my favorite profiles have no rating, I found them through random luck - so now I feel I 'have' to 'mine' through the whole lot! (Don't want to miss any gold....)

A couple of thoughts...

1. Given that profiles are such small files, it would be great to have the option to zip up the whole lot (or make a filtered zip - i.e. take everything from date X to date Y).

2. A "go to page" option would be helpful. I've been going in date order from page 1. Unfortunately, I actually have to do some real work from time to time, and when I come back to the computer it has automatically logged me out of the RE (even though I'm still logged into the kemper site) - which means I have to go through the very tedious process of clicking to the page I was up to (once I got to 100 and got logged out, I gave up and started from the last page!). Annoying

As suggested above, they are a different beast.

I should clarify - the majority of my playing is clean. I used to gravitate towards Fender amps, but have never been 100% happy with them (to my surprise, my favorite kemper profile so far has probably been britt's champ). I like the Vox ac-30, but not for lead. I have a wide range of britt, amp factory and top jimi profiles and have not found a Marshall profile I prefer over fender for cleans.

For me, the Park clean sound (at least what I had on the HD500) takes a Fender-ish tone and gives it more body. Add overdrive and it's pretty sweet too, but once you get into heavy distortion territory, then I would go for a plexi.

In addition to what paults quoted above, Parks are now being put out independently (?) as a boutique amp: parkamplifiers.com

MeAmBobbo: I'd be interested in hearing the results of that! (but I would really love hear what could be done with the 'real deal')

nobody else has experienced the 'ghost loop' issue?

I'm still climbing the learning curve with this beautiful toaster, but often I've discovered that issues are resolved by something hidden in a submenu - and are not always explicitly obvious in the user manual.

My setup is:

EP booster -> Kemper head -> direct out -> strymon mobius -> strymon timeline -> eventide h9 [these three are hooked up to a dmc-6 midi controller] -> yamaha AG03 mixer [mac or ipad playback in here via its aux input] -> kemper return/alt input

This is my home practice setup, and I'm restricted to headphone use.

Issues:
    * as above, I've locked the loop into X. However, if I click this off...
    (a) the playback running through the mixer is gone - an inherent problem of this setup, of course
    (b) however, after turning X off, the playback comes back after a second or so (could this be something to do with the alt input sensing the audio track?)
    (c) the effects active in the loop come back too, at a very low, but distinctly audible level

* having the aux audio input on the mixer, in the loop, means that backing tracks are affected by kemper effects active in mod/delay/reverb, which...
    (a) obviously interferes with the quality of the playback
    (b) means that I essentially lose the added options offered by these effects sections
    (c) means I am typically forced to use the loop for delay and reverb (while that's the primary use of my H9 anyway, I lose its flexibility)
    (d) means that I have to modify the effects presets of the majority of my profiles (not a huge problem, but as I'm still in the early stages of profile trialling, I have hundreds of profiles on board...)

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there an alternative routing setup could get the mac/ipad audio out of the loop?

although perhaps not economically feasible (or technically possible?), it would be nice to have more routing options with the kemper.

If a second loop and a standalone aux in (for ipad, etc., playback) could be added to the next generation of the foot controller... that would be super cool.

I haven't been able to find a profiled Park. This amp was a revelation for me on the HD500, and I've read quite a few people who similarly found this the best of the line6 bunch. Although I'm spoilt for options with the kemper, I can't help wondering what decent profiling and kemper-levels of clarity could do with a Park 75...

I've got the effects loop working and am using an aux feed through the mixer to get backing track playback. I've locked the loop.

New problem: when I turn the loop off, the backing track turns off, then after a second or two it comes back. Any effects still activated in the loop also come back, at a reduced volume...

any ideas?