Posts by JSB

Thank you for these, and all of your profiles from the past, such a good range of authentic tones! You're able to capture the dynamics of the original amp very convincingly, it translates really well in a DAW/Studio setting for me.

I just tried the new ones, and they are seriously amazing, as per usual. :thumbup:

These new Genz/Benz/Mars profiles seem to favor HB's, the HB on my HSS Strat sounds mean and vicious now, loving it.

Also really looking forward to the Zep profiles, you mentioned 'correct' and 'Tele', and I got giddy with excitement and anticipation.

Thanks again Mr. Hays, for your skills and generosity.

That Jerry Jones model is a 28" scale length apparently, and an expensive looking Danelectro; man I hope the 29.75" wasn't a mistake. Jerry Jones was tearing the strings off that, sounded great! I was surprised how well the baritone guitar and bass fit together, I was thinking they would be competing in one way or another, but they complement each other nicely.

The Cello Blaster and Friedman sound great together! Heavy, doesn't seem like a strong enough word for it :thumbup: . Nicely done!

Thanks for finding that out for me, Gary_W! I have the MBritt Colonial pack too, stoked! I'll look into Soundtoys Tremolator, is it a lot better than the KPA tremolo effect? I have a spring reverb pedal I can't wait to try out with baritone. I'm not too into metal any more, love the cleans and gritty over-driven stuff.

Thanks again guys.

I've got a semi hollow PRS SE 277, the p90s are outstanding. I can't say that I use specific profiles for the guitar, just whatever suits the song.

Despite having played bass for years, I still struggle with the 27.7" scale length. It's the little things that add up such as playing an open D chord. The additional length just makes it seem a little more fatiguing and tricky to hit quickly. I can't say that I'd be interested in trying anything longer but we all have different hands and technique.

Yikes, another vote for the 27.7" scale length, now I'm wondering if I made wrong choice going with the 29.75". I'm about 6'2" 170 lbs., my hands look the same, kinda long and skinny, hopefully I can hang on to 29.75" :) .

This video tipped me over to the Danelectro side:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the reply Chu.

I use a Dano Dead on 67 Baritone and a Squier Bass Vi the Vi is tuned G- G the Dano B-B I tend to use Fender style amp profile like a Bassman or a twin and a bit if slap tape delay in the last stomp slot ...I love the Bari twang tones used by the likes of Jimmie Vaughan/JD Mcpherson and Brian Setzer :)

That Fender VI looks pretty sweet, I had a hard time not choosing it, as I love Fender period. I may have to look into the Fender VI at some point, if all goes well with the Danelectro. I have a decent selection of Bassman and Twin profiles, free and paid, thanks for the tip millstudios, I'll start out with those. Will definitely play with tape echo and slap, so looking forward to playing with something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again guys.

Just checked out Stop the World, I like the baritone even more now. Love that old spaghetti western vibe, with the tremolo and reverb, sounds great Gary_W! Do you find yourself using 'special' profiles for your PRS 277se, or are you using the same profiles as your guitar track? Are you tuned a fourth, or a fifth down, on Stop the World?

Thanks for taking the time to help with this, I really appreciate it.

I ended up finding a 15% off deal at Reverb.com, late last night, and couldn't pass it up:
    [Blocked Image: https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--dY-1ZJXp--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_1600,q_80,w_1600/v1517174540/zdasq20p2hqjibnodotk.jpg]

Looking forward to strange and wonderful new tunings.

- Longer scale length = more tension for a given tuning and string gauge, so you can tune down to B (or A, or F for modern metal bands) without a) needing massive strings or b) having the strings flop around like spaghetti.

I can't say I've noticed a difference in how baritones behave with a given profile versus normal guitars though.

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly:
    a PRS 277se has a scale length of 27.7"
    The Danelectro 66bt is 29.75"

The 29.75" scale would allow me to tune lower, and give a wider option of string gauge choices?

Thanks for the help on this.

I believe the below baritone is tuned D to D, this is what I'm looking for ultimately:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On the Indonesia thing, I've heard that the Music Man Sub basses that come out of there are for all intents and purposes not-very-different-sounding (or playing) from the full-monte models from the EB factory in the US, but at a fraction of the RRP. Best damned bass value out there IMHO, so I agree with you that one shouldn't be a snob if value is what one seeks.

Can confirm, the Indonesian model Sterling by Music Man SUB Stingray is incredible for the price point, I have one, a guy I jam with has one. Their cheap pre-amp for some reason has a ton of character, while not sounding exactly like an EBMM Stingray, it's got a great growl.

The newer SUB, now made in China, is supposed to be good too, though I have no personal experience with that.

Thanks for the great reply Gary_W, I was checking out the PRS 277, they look really nice, probably the nicest looking out of all the baritones I've seen.

The one thing I'm stuck on (and this is for anyone that can answer this), is the scale length for Baritone. I noticed that most of the newer baritone guitars, have the 27.7" scale length, whereas the Danelectro '66 BT, has a scale length of 29.75". I have Fender, Gibson and Gretsch guitars, so I'm familiar with the scale length differences below 26", but anything over that, my only reference is bass scale 34".

In Baritone, what does a longer scale length provide?

I've been thinking about getting an ambience guitar, baritone to be exact. I like classic Surf rock, as well as blues and other styles.

Anyone else out there using a baritone? Any profiles that are more suited for baritone?

Thinking about buying this one, with P90 and stacked lipsticks:
    https://reverb.com/item/993385…c-guitar-transparent-blue

[Blocked Image: https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--gXvtIEXL--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_1600,q_80,w_1600/v1517174250/uu6nzdthe3d0ai6nfgbj.jpg]
    Any other recommendations for a baritone, below $1000?

Or, you could update Windows 7 critical updates until they're current, and also enjoy the new Rig Manager, and all the subsequent new RM's, that will also require a CA update.

A lot of us here are in the IT industry, myself included. If you want to tell us what you think is going to break, by upgrading your Win7 version, maybe we can help you with this.

Otherwise, you're stuck at one version of RM that still works, and there won't be much sympathy.

What if I don't want to Update Windows 7?I have it working how I like and I'm not a big fan of Microsoft updates in general.... they tend to add additional restrictions that I don't want on my system.
    (And yes, I am a software engineer so I know what I'm talking about)

At the very least, can you provide the specific update that is required?

He told you Root Certificate updates are what's necessary. It's not Kemper's job, or problem, to fix Microsoft/cert issues. If you don't want to run the newest RM, don't update MS.

If you are truly a software engineer, shouldn't you know about root certificates and driver signing?

huh. that is truly weird. I'm using both mono and stereo loops no problem. A blind shot in the dark - I've kept my KPA at 44.1k, are you using a higher sampling rate? Not sure if that would make a difference, but it's one of the bigger parts of the update.

I'm using Mono loop in the X slot, with 5.5, works well at 96KHz over here.

I bought the second least expensive GLP in 2015, for $900, it's pleked, has minimal aesthetics, it's freaking sweet!

I've had in the past a 1994 RI '60, Custom '84 Black Beauty (two pickups) Fretless Wonder - neither played or sounded as good as the 2015. Love the PLEK process.

I see countless Youtube videos trashing Gibson with little to backup their sensationalist review, just seems trendy now.

Fender bashing is probably next, except I have two 2017 Fender's that are so damn nice, I won't be able to participate in bashing them either.

Dual Showman even! Isn't that THE Dick Dale amp?

"Dale still wanted to go further, and asthe crowds increased, Dale's volume increased, but he still wanted a biggerpunch with thickness in the sound so that it would pulsate into the audienceand leave them breathless. The JBL-D130 was doing its job until Dale frozeit in the frame that held the speaker, the speaker cone would twist fromthe heavy playing from Dale and it would soon twist and stop to fluctuateback n forth.

Leo, Freddy and Dale designed a speakercabinet and in which they installed 2 -15''-JBL-D130F's. This caused LeoFender to have to create a new and more powerful output transformer, theywould call it the Dick Dale Transformer and it was made by the Triad Company."

Congratulations BobWalters! Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, and thanks in advance.