Posts by JSB

That's nice but a bit big and double the price of a Strymon. It might be worth checking out if you aren't gigging ;)

It is big, but it's essentially a Fender 6G15, or a full size spring tank. A vintage one cost a small fortune, the '63 Reissue isn't cheap either. The Surfybear is the same as 6G15 but uses JFET instead of tubes.

If you're after authentic spring reverb tone, this seems to be the least expensive way to go.

Yeah, this SurfyBear sounds great, lots of this beautiful smack if required. Yummy :)
    I still wonder if I could make my own retrofit spring reverb that fits in the cavity in the back of my toaster. Maybe with the DIY kit they offer and a half sized spring tank. Hmm, will contemplate over that. Thanks for the heads up!

That would be a great idea!

Here is a spring reverb comparison video, it has the Carl Martin, the White Whale, the Boing and a couple more:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The best spring reverb would likely be a spring reverb :)
    Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale is exactly that ... in a pedal form factor combined with analog tremolo.
    https://crazytubecircuits.com/white-whale

Was checking out the White Whale, sounds great.

Check out this though, just came out, has the Surf "drip":

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love surf tunes, and miss Nokie Edwards already.

Can anyone recommend the very best and most authentic Spring Reverb type pedal, that will compliment the KPA?

EDIT: So far, the Catalinbread Topanga sounds the best to me:

Anything better out there?

Can any of you guys that replied here, take a look at the part in that pic? Hate to be a bother but, Im dieing to know if you think It'll be okay without it.

That piece you removed is used to secure one of the circuit boards to the chassis. There should also be a screw that went into the piece you found, then both pieces screwed together to hold a board.

If there is nothing else rattling around in there, you have removed the chance of a short-circuit by removing any metal pieces that could bridge the board. It should be safe to play.

But, you still have a PCB in there that has one less anchor on it and could become loose over time and create worse problems(?).

See if it's covered under warranty, then decide.

One short question though. So the back of the interface has Mic/Line 1 and Mic/Line 2. It also has Line out 3 and Line our 4. Which two should I send the cables to from the main outputs of the Kemper?

connect the main outputs with the inputs of the Apollo using TS cables. This will allow you to record the full signal of the Profiler in stereo.
    or use the monitor out and direct out and record the full signal in mono on one track and the unprocessed signal on a second track for reamping purposes.

The Kemper Main Stereo outputs- left and right, go to the Apollo mic/line1 & 2 inputs, for Stereo.

I don't have an Apollo AI, but I use (2) female-XLR to 1/4" cables, to go from Kemper's XLR Main out, to my AI's 1/4" Line in, left and right.
    https://www.amazon.com/Monopri…mier-Female/dp/B001UJERGS

Using the Mic preamp, instead of the Line, can yield some crazy results, not bad, just unpredictable, best to use the Line feature instead of Mic, for consistent profile volumes.

The problem with running 'Windows Sound' through your KA6, is that sometimes Windows automatically changes the sample rate to 48KHz, which changes the KA6 sample rate. That would then mean that your Kemper, which is locked at 44.1KHz, won't work, because the KA6 is now set to 48KHz.

If you go to Windows Control Panel, then find Sound, locate your default playback device with the green check mark, which should show the KA6 - highlight the KA6 and click properties, then click the Advanced tab (shown in the picture below). If yours is showing 48KHz, and you can hear Spotify through your monitors currently, then you've located the problem why the Kemper can't be heard, the KA6 has upped it's sample rate to 48KHz. Windows Sounds must also be locked at 44.1KHz.

To fix this, change the Windows Sound dropdown box that says 48KHz, and select 44.1KHz 24-bit stereo. That should allow you to hear Windows Sound and your Kemper together.

If you only require playback function from your PC, you could also try connecting the monitors directly to the Kemper, then use the outputs from the KA6, in to the AUX in the back of the Kemper.

In my past dealings with AI's, they're only as good as their drivers/control software. Having no personal experience with the UX2: how is the control software that was included with the UX2? Does it display sample rate and buffer settings? Any latency values represented?

If you just want to buy something new and updated, the Focusrite products are a good value for the sub-$500 market. I'd avoid the 2i2 and the 2i4 models, as they are USB power only, and the headphone volume is said to be weaker as a result. The 6i6 2nd Gen would allow you to use SPDIF and has a separate power adapter, for better headphone volume.

Did you mean the Yamaha DXR10/12/15? Those are FRFR solutions, and many here recommend them highly.

Yamaha HS-8 are studio monitors, and you'd definitely want a pair of those, to go with an audio interface and DAW. The Kemper really does sound great in stereo.

I am very sensitive to latency, especially when wearing headphones, and the G10 doesn't seem to add any latency, within operable range.

I do feel like the G10 alters the sound of my original signal, or compared to a cable, in the very slightest manner. It's almost like a noise gate, in that it seems to quiet my hi-z SC's. The G10 is pretty great, no complaints.

Clicks and pops are almost always due to buffer settings. Check to see if your buffer is set too low. 128 or 64 samples is ideal. The smaller the buffer, the lower the latency, but it takes more CPU power.

If you've already adjusted the Focusrite Control, SPDIF volume slider and settings, and still can't get what you're looking for, try lowering the buffer setting in your DAW, to 128, or 64. That increases CPU overhead, but decreases latency overall.

If that still doesn't fix it, try the XLR out from Kemper-Mains, to 1/4" inputs in the back of the Focusrite, instead of the front pre-amp.

Do you have two XLR to 1/4" cables, for stereo connection?

With XLR, if your DAW is up to it, try a 96KHz sample rate with a buffer setting of 128, or 64. This will give you a much faster I/O round-trip and lower latency than 44.1KHz -for monitoring and recording in real-time.

Why can't you use 44.1k and a smaller buffer size? The lower the buffer size, the lower the latency is I've come to understand. Just like the higher sample rates, it all come down to computer power available. What would be the benefit of using a higher sample rate over a lower buffer size?

You certainly can use 44.1KHz, with 64, or 32 samples, but if your interface and PC/MAC aren't up to it, you'll get buffer collapse, which translates to clicks and pops, or random artifacts.

Even with 44.1KHz set at the smallest buffer, it won't be faster, or smoother than 96KHz with a sustainable and larger buffer rate.