Posts by JSB

Do you by any chance know how the 6i6 drives high impedance headphones compared to the kemper? I remember reading when I was looking for my headphones that sometimes you need a headphone amp for a 600 ohm headphone to get a decent volume.

I think you're right about needing a headphone amp, just noticed the 600 ohm part. I use 64 ohm Sennheiser HD280's, I can get them to sound nearly identical, from Kemper to 6i6.

https://support.focusrite.com/…-volume-of-my-headphones-

As a general rule, it is safe to assume that the headphone output impedance of all current Focusrite interfaces is less than 12Ω.

Do you have the 1st generation 6i6, or the 2nd gen? The 2nd gen is supposed to have higher HP output.

For ableton, I have a buffer size of 128 samples, the driver error compensation set to 0 ms and the overall latency shows at 17.2 ms.

The SPDIF on the KPA is only 24-bit 44.1KHz. That's why I don't use SPDIF, at all. I'm primarily concerned with lower latency, for use with VST plugins.

My settings for Scarlett Mix Control and Ableton, give me 7.90ms round trip, at 96Khz and a 1.0ms ASIO buffer. I'm hoping you find that one setting that's somehow not right, in order to enjoy just how well the 6i6 can complement the KPA.

Let us know if you find anything.

@JSB : I tried all the methods, the kemper is connected to the audio interface via 2 xlr cables from the main outs to the mic inputs( set up as line in the mixcontrol), and I added 2 spdif cables (75 ohm)
    listening through direct monitoring sucks wether I'm at 44.1 or 96khz, using main outs or spdif. I turned off the monitoring and retried the same thing through ableton live 9. the sound is different, but still not the same as headphones straight into kemper. The headphones are beyerdynamics DT 880 premium(600 ohm)

Thanks for any help!

If you press the Output button and go to Page 1, is your Main Output, set to Master Stereo (for use with XLR's in 1/2)
    In the Output section, on Page 2, is your Headphone Link checked when using the 6i6?
    Is Ableton set to arm, or record enabled, on the blank track?

I get really good sound out of my 6i6, through Ableton, mine almost matches the KPA headphone output. Your's should get close too. I'm set to 96Khz (for latency and VST plugin chains), a buffer of 1.0ms, using XLR's in 1/2.

My only problem with the kemper is when I listen to it through my audio interface (focusrite 6i6) it sounds dull, all that spark when the headphones are connected directly to the kemper is gone. I tried fiddling with space and pure cabinet settings to no avail. Maybe it's just the difference in levels (the audio interface clips if I try raising the volume), or the converters quality on the 6i6. I don't know.

Welcome aboard!

For your 6i6, are you using SPDIF? What DAW software are you using? What are your sample rate and buffer set to?

Where is the donate button on this thing? I'm feeling like I stole some treasure. I'd gladly contribute for these, they really are amazing. Excellent work!

My HSS strat hasn't had this much attention in a while; since you released your last profiles I'd been playing mostly a LP. But the new profiles are exactly what I was looking for, with Fat 50's single coils and a Diamond trembucker. The sizzling tubes and grit when you dig into some of them, makes me giddy. Love the reverb's, delays and boosts too.

I didn't get tone fatigue from trying these all out, I got elation fatigue, no joke, had to sit down and take a couple breaths, was literally blown away.

If I can't donate, all I can do here is give a big THANKS!!! You're a living legend in my mind, Mr. Ayalon!

These are incredible to my ears! If this profile pack was the only one installed on a new Kemper, a new user could instantly find something they can appreciate. The delays and boosts and EQ's included are a great match too. Well done!

Huge Thanks!!

About 5 days now with my ofFender Smellocaster. The smell is waning, after multiple spray treatments. But that oil-base air freshner... seems permanent.

The Dunlop 65 should be here shortly, can't wait to take stinky all apart. Instead of the ozone generator, I ordered new plastics from Warmoth for now, hoping to exorcise the demons.

Thanks again for all the great tips and sharp wit.

You guys are great! Thanks for the excellent recommendations.

I did not open the pickguard up yet, just wiped it down and restrung it. I've got some Dunlop 65 on order, I plan to wipe the insides of the cavity with it. Currently looking for an ozone generator on ebay, and will remove the metal components before tenting.

Thanks again!

I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for me.

I recently bought a 2013 Fender American Standard, in excellent condition. But it Stinks, badly. It didn't come with a case, so it smells like it has been out in the mid-west air moisture, mixed with food grease - and worst of all - glade plugin air 'freshner', the oil refill type. The combination is noxious. I doused the Strat in Gibson pump-spray polish, and rubbed the surface beyond slick. It has a maple neck, or I would have hosed it down with lemon oil.

It's been three days now and the rest of the room is beginning to absorb this nauseating odor. I promise I was meticulous in scrubbing this thing. It really is a keeper, despite the smell.

What's safe for the finish that would finally get rid of it's past life?

Sweetwater is where I bought my Kemper from, also. I paid full price in January of this year, two and a half weeks later, there was about a $300 price drop. I called my sales rep Zack at Sweetwater, and he refunded the difference, almost three weeks later!

I buy all of my new gear from them.

The new models can operate at 192KHz! That's great for real-time monitoring with VST plugin effects in the signal chain.

I'm all about low latency, and I still wish the Kemper could drive SPDIF at 96/192KHz.

I had thought that those pops were usually due to sample rate mismatch, or buffer collapse.

Does the Scarlett mix control show peaking when you hear those pops?

On your KPA output settings, page 1, what is your SPDIF Output set to?

Are you sure your SPDIF cables are good? If you tried the same cable with 3 different computers, maybe try a different cable.

I don't use SPDIF with my 6i6, because it can only run at 44.1KHz. I use the analog XLR outs, left and right, into the front preamp of the 6i6, at 96KHz. Give analog a try to see if you're still getting the pops. 96KHz is the sweet spot for the 6i6, in my experience. Sounds much fuller and larger at 96Khz.

[Blocked Image: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/GreenBar0n/20160403_140611_zpsisveqtdt.jpg]

You are going to be so glad you got the remote, nicely done.

Those 4 days in shipping seem longer than regular days. Great time to read the Deeper View manual and watch the tutorial videos. Then when it arrives, you'll be ready to plug in and go.

Welcome aboard and get ready to lose track of time; the hours seem to disappear once you find your favorite profiles.

I like Guidorists Antpak (Ampeg SVT) pack. I don't play much bass, but these sound great to me when needed.

Purchase:
    http://www.guidorist.com/en/pr…mper-amp-profiles-aswete/

Listen:

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

I've recently been trying to find a good acoustic profile, too. I haven't had much luck with the Acoustic profiles that come with the KPA - for use with my pickup; they either sound like too much piezo, or muddied, no matter how much I dial in the crossover function.

I've been trying out the clean channel profiles and even Bass rigs with my acoustic. If someone has a great acoustic profile recommendation, I would really appreciate it.

I have bought a fantastic guitar! :thumbsup::thumbup::P8o:love:

[Blocked Image: http://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Lg/10002/0145802305_gtr_frt_001_rr.png]

What is your recommendation for a Jimi Profile. Which effect? the univibe as stomp??? Tipps appreciated! cu

Nice!

For free Jimi Profiles, so far I like:
    Hey Jim
    TAF - ManRock 800
    TA-30 Tweed Crunch+
    TAF - Big Twin

Guidorists, Vendura Duo (Fender pack) #4 and #5, are great too, for purchase.

The Kemper Cry Baby Wah sounds dead on to my ears.

I'm always on the look out for a good Hendrix tone, keep the suggestions coming. :thumbup: