Posts by JSB

Focusrite 6i6 comes with the same coaxial RCA S/PDIF connector as the KPA has. With one small S/PDIF cable, you can carry a stereo signal, or two separate channels to your DAW.

S/PDIF does not perform another Analog to Digital conversion, your untouched Kemper sound is sent directly to DAW/disc.

You could plug your monitor speakers directly into the Kemper, or the Focusrite 6i6 at that point.

96Khz at 128 Samples gives me a round-trip latency value of 7.21ms, with a Focusrite 18i8 and those settings. No lag feel here.

I disagree that MDF was chosen primarily due to cost. MDF is better for this application than the solid wood or plywood.

Most of the best car stereo enclosures are made from particle board (MDF), it's lightweight, and super strong from the glue and heat/pressure that forms it. No knots or weak spots, like regular wood, make the MDF tone more consistent as well. The Kabinet is a quality product.

The Hays AC15H1TVL4 profile as a pedal platform, or base tone, with fuzz on the input and analog chorus in the effects loop, has the most authentic musical response I have found, incredible. Add the Celestion Blue Alnico imprint for the Kabinet, and it's the best and most consistent tone, at any volume, pure joy. Spent about 3 hours today playing it, can't wait for tomorrow.

Today I had a limited opportunity to get things tested and worked out. I played with the free Hays AC15, and used the Celestion Blue Alnico 12" imprint, tried some fuzz, and analog chorus in the effects loop. Genuine, real amp in the room, authentic, all of the above.

Tomorrow I'll try out a couple of Bass guitars, and see how that goes.

So far, I'm most excited that the tone is still there even when you turn the volume down, this makes me very happy!

Thanks that's handy to know although it's unfortunately around 25% more than UK retailers are listing them at.

440 Euros, is $472.76 - I paid $480 last Tuesday at the US Kemper store. Not complaining.

If you can get a better deal, have at it.

Got shipping confirmation today, I'll have a Kabinet this Friday.

Is there a manual available for the Kabinet yet? Did it come with one?

It won’t profile any of the effects.
    The problem I think I had was with the built in compression on the cleans and I think that was what was freaking the Kemper out.

I had a similar experience when trying to profile a Boss AC3 acoustic pedal. It confused the Kemper. It seemed to think that bright top end rattle was distortion and kept making an overdriven profile. As with my custom X100, I got there in the end.

Yes, that's what I meant, the fact that the x100 has the compression effect running all of the time. Not that I was trying to profile time-based effects, we all know that doesn't work.

This is the best page concerning all of the different versions of the Rockman, the way it operates, and the PCB revisions.

https://www.rockman.fr/Reviews/Rockman.htm

I have a Rev 8 board coming, which is the soft clipped model, that may or may not be better for Profiling than the Hard clipped Rev 10 version.

That's what I was wondering about, how well can I capture the complexity of the effects and such. If I get anything good I'll start a dedicated thread and pass them on.

I was looking for Rockman x100 profiles and couldn't find any. I just bought a refurb'd 1982 Rev 8, x100 from Reverb. I intend to do free profiles and share them, if they're good.

I was able to update from RM, it first updated to the new RM, then installed the new Beta OS. Not one problem here. Even updated in Browse mode this time.

Been watching the US store everyday for weeks now, looking forward to the Kabinet.

I also have the Fryette PS-2, I use it as a reactive load/attenuator to tame my tube amps.

The tubes that are in the PS-2, are a pair of 6L6's; this will color the output more than a Class D amp would. So if you like Fender profiles, the PS-2 with the 6L6's should sound incredible to you.

If you gravitate more towards Marshall profiles, the Fryette PS-100 is not only 100W, but it has KT88 tubes, which would compliment the Marshall profiles a bit better (maybe negligible).

Either choice will work well.

There was a time during the Beta releases, that only Browse mode would work for me to update the OS's - Perform mode gave me errors back then, and the update and wouldn't complete. I'm still conditioned to use Browse to update. I'll try Perform next time.