Posts by JSB

I've tried bass and guitar, I'm getting a crackle from the new Firmware it would seem.

My KPA is the Master clock

My cables worked fine before the latest firmware update

Is anyone else having problems with S/PDIF and the new 7.1.19?

EDIT: The crackle is gone today, can't understand why the noise was there for hours yesterday. Must've been my AI.

I'm getting some S/PDIF crackle with a J-bass. I've tried different clock rates and the crackle is a constant (KPA is Master).

With headphones into the KPA there is no problem.

Anyone else having problems with S/PDIF?

If you have multiple guitars or bass's, naming a performance for the particular instrument, gives you 5 guaranteed-to-sound-good profiles, for that particular guitar. This is the way I've done it since the beginning.

Thanks for the reply Ingolf.

I have found that Fuzz has a unique interaction with the physical speaker, like feedback does; a good fuzz pedal wants to be directly connected to the guitar, and then affected by the return signal from the amp/speaker. The sustain is what seems to suffer without the speaker, in my limited experience.

I notice if I put my fuzz pedal in the KPA effects loop, pre or post, clean or distorted, it doesn't sound right. When I connect the fuzz to the input, it's much better, but is missing the interaction. I'm hoping the Kabinet will restore that interaction, and mimic the real thing in every way.

Will the Kabinet\Kone react authentically when using an external Fuzz pedal in front of the input of the KPA? Will the relationship between a wah pedal, and fuzz, also react like the real thing through the Kabinet?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

According to the guy who made this video, in the Youtube comments:

"I'm using my 1964 Black Strat on this tuned down to D. This Strat has fairly weak pickups that match up well with the powerful Bassman."

Further down in the comments:

"Bright channel volume on 5, normal channel 1, treble 8, bass 1-1/2, mid 6, presence 8."

For another perspective on how Hendrix achieved his tone, check out this 1960 Tweed Fender Bassman:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish this guy made profiles!

Would it be possible for you to say how many of the Kabinet's have been made so far, and will there be a plentiful stock in the Kemper US store?

Thanks for everything you've already done, and what's yet to come!

The Focusrite 6i6 and above, have coaxial S/PDIF built in. With S/PDIF, there is no second analog to digital conversion, so the quality of the mic pres, or line inputs, doesn't really matter in that case.

I've had the 6i6, and now the 18i8. The headphone output is the only thing that suffers, it's a bit thin without a headphone amp, but with monitors it sounds great out of the box. The newer 3rd generation is supposed to have better headphone output.

BDFC4C8E3909.jpg?v5

B26263E3CBE8.jpg?v5

Been waiting for this since day one. Excited to see the pricing! I've built some clone amps that I'd like to match with the Kemper Kone vintage speakers. :thumbup:

Thanks. Although to be honest, I installed Windows 10 with a sense of resignation that Microsoft now owns the hardware I paid for and there's not much I can do about it if they want to flip some undocumented switch under the hood in the next update.

I'm trying to force myself to get warm and fuzzy with The Way Things Are and just adapt to the new 1984 world of technology. Of course, that would be easier if the cute girls I remember from the 80s came along for the ride.

The other dystopian alternative, that preceded 1984, is Brave New World - seems to be more of that one these days.

Yes. Everything is updated.

That particular error seems to be more prevalent with the Wi-Fi adapter. If you still feel like fixing it, see if disabling the Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager -does anything. If you disable the Wi-Fi, and then shut down, do you still get a BSOD?

You may also want to scan your laptop for Malware, it's possible you have a bug, use the free version of this utility to find out if you have Malware causing this problem:

https://www.malwarebytes.com

Interesting utility. A lot of those settings look familiar. What does it do / access beyond what I can already get to as an admin in Settings?

From the site:
    "Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.

Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows 10 can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows 10 has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.

Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public – and potentially unprotected – network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.

Decide for yourself how important your “comfort” is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10 presents you with all important settings in one location – you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows 10 system settings."

You can disable Updates, Telemetry and more. The login screen where they ply you with strange messages and quasi-advertising - is just one of the things I get rid of.

The computer seems to be working properly excepting the blue screen when I try to switch it off, so... Is it dangerous to use as it is and just make a hard switch off each time I use it?

I'm glad to hear you can at least use your Win 10 laptop.

The problem with leaving it the way it is, with the BSOD at the end of your session, is that one time it may actually corrupt your drive, or boot loader - for not shutting down properly, particularly in a Microsoft Update scenario.

Are you sure you have all of your updates for Win 10? Go to Updates and Security, and make sure you have no updates waiting to be installed.

It definitely sounds like a Network Driver problem.

If you're able to get in to Device Manager, look at your Network Adapters, are there any exclamation marks?

Go into Control Panel, Programs and Features, and uninstall any Network Card software you see in there. If you have an Intel network adapter, look to see if there are any software applications, like Network Access Manager, remove anything in there that belongs to networking. Same with Realtek network adapter software.

If that doesn't work, try forcing your Network adapters to update their drivers:

http://windowsbulletin.com/sol…er-blue-screen-error-fix/

Let us know how it goes.