Posts by JSB

I too am getting pops and clicks from 7.0.6, when my AI is set to use its internal clock.

However, when the KPA is the Master with 7.0.6, I have really clean S/PDIF output at 96Khz, perhaps better than ever.

Yamaha HS8S Features:

• 8" bass-reflex powered subwoofer delivers low frequencies down to 22Hz
    • 22Hz - 150Hz frequency response

Yamaha HS8 Active Studio Monitor Features:

• High-performance drivers and mounting system
    • 8" cone woofer, 1" dome tweeter
    • Impressive 38Hz to 30kHz frequency response

The sub would fill in from 22Hz to 37Hz, where the HS8's don't reproduce that low of a signal.

A friend that plays Bass, has the HS8's and the HS8S sub. If you play bass or like low kick drums, you'd appreciate the sub. For just guitar and drum tracks, HS8's are plenty, depending on your room.

CelticGibson , if it records properly via S/PDIF, and sounds good in the process, that's all that matters right?

We can still set S/PDIF to also produce a DI track too, that we can use to re-amp with 1/4" or XLR. It would be nice to re-amp with S/PDIF too, but I'm happy with this.

Before 7.0.5, my Focusrite would never Sync, or make a sound, unless the clock was set to: S/PDIF (external clock), and the sample rates also had to match.

With 7.0.5, at 96KHz, and the Focusrite set to Internal clock, it works well for me. I understand now that only the Stage model can re-amp in this way.

I just installed 7.0.4 on my Powerhead, which I did using the new RM 2.3.8. There were some error messages and stops, but got it going by switching to Perform from Browser, or rebooting the KPA, then trying again

Everything works well here. No RM Presets still, probably due to impending Editor arrival.

I'm not having any problems with anything other than the Presets with RM.

But I think we're waiting for the Editor to officially release, before the RM Presets get any attention. I don't know anything for fact, that's my guess.

JSB Thanks for your confirmation that you are not having issue. I've had it w/ both beta releases on my toaster w/ remote. I only have ~500 rigs on toaster w/ my second attempt at running beta. I'm moving back to OS 6 until final release as the loading time (for me) isn't workable right now. Thanks again.

edit: I can disconnect the remote and things are fine/speedy ... remote adds significant delay/hangs to loading of rigs FWIW.

Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what the problem could be. It's even stranger to me, that your remote has any effect on the loading speed. I also have the remote connected at all times.

anodyne, I just tried loading rigs from RM, and also selecting from the Browse knob, I'm not experiencing the slow rig loading. I even tried disabling Autoload, the load times are snappy over here. I have 875 rigs in my Profiler, for whatever that's worth.

The upgrade from 7.0.0 to 7.01 went very smoothly over here, didn't take long either. Everything I tried in 7.0.1 works, except the RM presets still. The effects selection menu takes a bit to get familiar with, but it's a major improvement. It just keeps getting better.

OS 7.01 Beta just landed, installing now.

PROFILER Operating System 7.0.1.14852/14853

Audio

fixed: Stereo Widener functional again

fixed: edited parameters for Morph Sound immediately audible

User Interface

fixed: new presets of Legacy Reverb don't cause data issues anymore - such presets stored since 6.0 get ignored!

fixed: new presets of Legacy Reverb include Bandwidth and Mid Frequency settings

fixed: accidental inverse display

fixed: display color reflecting effect type correctly, if effect category selected via <PAGE> buttons

fixed: Stomps and Effects Section locks set in other PROFILER models are incompatible and now get ignored in Stage

fixed: default pedal assignment at Stage

From the 7.0 Beta Changelog:

Known Issues

The function "Factory Presets" is still missing.

Does that mean they know it's not working, entirely? Is this intended, based on what's to come?

Mac always seemed to have trouble with RM, for one reason or another, sorry to hear that.

Here's what's new according to the Official Change log:

I really like the new Category>>Type selector for the effects, it's so much easier to get to where you want to be.

I was able to update RM and Profiler v7 - through RM.

I had trouble with syncing Rigs, both local and on the Exchange. The sync kept freezing, I kept rebooting RM and would get maybe 30 rigs to sync and it would freeze.

I switched from Browser, to Perform, and then all the rigs sync'd properly without freezing.

Didn't see the video being discussed here, did I miss the thread?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have a '59 AVRI Strat, it has the D shaped neck (wide and flat), and 7.25" radius, it's from 1999. I've had this guitar for about 20 years now.

The thumb-over is as easy as my other 9.5" strats, but you'll find that with 7.25" early Fender radius, the bends past the 12th fret can get to a whole-step, but much past that it'll fret out. The action has to be a bit higher to compensate.

This should still work with the new Kemper Kone right? They aren't changing the Character or curves of the speaker (which I think is the idea of the Kemper Kone) but just disperses and delivers that tone more efficiently and evenly around the room. Sounds cool.

I thought I heard CK say that there will be an adjustment for the direction of the Kemper Kone, or the beam from the speaker. This is the only thing I can think of that might work differently, as a result of this new AVD cabinet technology.