Posts by solo

Oh man! If this rig sounds anything like the tone/delay in this video, I'll be pretty stoked!

I just spent over an hour with these new days and I'm floored... I won't lie, for me, there isn't a big reason to keep the H9 that I literally just bought lol! I can get all the delay/ambient stuff I wanted the H9 for now... and when they release the reverbs, it'll be a total package.

I have my KPA in my rack desk which puts it a little out of the way when it comes to accessibility to tweak these new delays... I'm not going to moan about an editor though. Maybe I can get a rack unit that I can put beside me instead of in the desk...

Either way, brilliant team Kemper!!!

man oh man... if they are as good as you guys are saying, I might sell the H9 and get a Remote.

I bought the H9 for ambient fx, delays and reverbs. Think it still has a place with the Kemper??

i haven't been able to test them yet but I just bought an H9... dammit... if they're as good as you guys are saying, I'm happy and bummed lol!!

so dual delay is there? can you set one delay in ms and another in a different ms?

Hey guys, I bought a Kemper because of it's ease of use and I love it lol

Now help me wrap my brain around what I need to do to connect the H9, via the fx loop, to the Kemper. I want to make sure I set it up in stereo though, to get all the left/right delays etc...

I didn't get it yet... still deciding. Just incase I get it tho, can someone explain how to hook it up in the FX loop but in stereo mode.

Right now, my KPA outs are going into an RME babyface and then out to 2 powered monitors.

Thanks in advance!

ALRIGHT!!!

I got my KPA back today. Hooked it all up in my studio and I played for about 3.5 hours... and... NO WEIRD CRACKLES, POPS OR DISTORTION!!

I really hope all is fixed, so I can get back to business. So far so good though... now I need to hunt for some great profiles for soaring, lead, new Satch type stuff lol Off I go...

7 months is a long time to wait! lol :) I'm going to go pick up an H9 right now. I really love what I'm hearing from it. The Zoom is great too but I haven't got along with Zoom pedals in the past... Just not the sound I'm looking for. I'll see how it sounds... I have 30 days to return it.

What are the chances we get these promised delays/reverbs in the next 30 days? hahaha :P

UPDATE:

My KPA is finally going to be back in my studio on Monday! I've been lost without it, no lie.

I spoke with the gentleman who did the repair and he said he heard the issue. He said it wasn't affected by the master volume, so he suspected the power supply. He replaced it with a new one and also replaced the DSP for good measure. He said he didn't hear it after that, so I'm really hoping that was the fix and I can move on... While it was gone, I started contemplating an Axe FX <------ I'm hoping it's because I miss it too much lol

The Kemper team did me a huge solid on this one and their customer service is top notch!

Hey guys, my KPA was sent out for repair and I'm getting it back on Monday. While it's been gone I've been looking into some alternatives to get some beautiful reverbs/delays... I know that they said new verbs and delays are coming but who knows when and I'm tired of waiting. lol

Is it worth it for me to buy a H9 and run it in the loop of my KPA for those effects that I want... or do I just keep on waiting... I love the all in one solution of the KPA and I'll have to do some serious homework to figure out how to store all the presets according to my rig but my patience is wearing thin.

What do you guys think? Any experience with a KPA and a H9?

Thanks!

The tricky part is I will be happily playing on any given rig, clean or dirty, with no issues, noise, etc. Then out of nowhere, BOOM! huge amounts of distortion, hiss. noise, clicks and pops...

I'm glad to say that Kemper sent me a shipping label and I'm sending my KPA out for repair. The guys at Kemper really stepped up to take care of it and for that, I'm grateful.

Should be sending it out tomorrow and I'll report back when I have some answers.

Thanks everyone

This noise is pretty identical to my issue. I started a thread on this one here:
    Noise issue

My noise sounds exactly like your issue but it definetely varies with the type of guitar that I am using and the pickup position. Some profiles are dead silent (even with distortion), others are really bad.

It also is influenced by the way my guitar is aimed in the room. In some akward position I can actually make the noise go away, but the typical position while guitar playing is unfortunately quite noisy. Have you tried different guitars and/or different guitar orientations in the room if these influence the noise that you have?

Paul...? Is that you? lol! I love your guitars! :)

I really don't think it's the same issue. Mine happens regardless of what guitars, pickups, cables, placement, position etc. When it started happening I was using my PRS while sitting on my couch on one end of the room. Then I swapped the cable and grabbed my Ibanez and sat at my studio desk and still happened with the clean rig I was using at the time and all other rigs I tried.

My best guess it's due to USB communication with KPA. Unplug USB to Kemper then restart. I can't recall having a single issue when I don't use Rig manager, its seems that any corruption or any bugs I personally experienced where always when I was using rig manager.

The noise also reminds me of the noise I get when I select a higher sample rate than 44.1 on the audio interface when I'm connecting through SPDIF. To eliminate these possibilities when I'm using the XLR, I unplug the SPDIF, not that it should make a difference, but one never knows.

I hear ya but it was happening with Rig Manager open and Rig Manager not opened. USB connected and not connected. And I'm not running a SPDIF cable...

It's back... It "fixed itself" the other day. I was in my studio tonight tracking and boom... all of a sudden, I got that harsh distortion. This time around there was no clicking and popping coming out of my monitors. Just a terrible distortion when I played.

I tried to capture a quick video of the noise. It's the terrible hiss/noise you hear when I'm playing. It's more obvious when I switched to a clean tone and you can clearly still hear that distortion/noise.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@solo please check my thread, if this is what happens to you: Kemper loud clicks/pops over USB bus [VIDEO]

Nope, it wasn't like that. That almost sounded like a click track that was perfectly on beat. Mine sounded like the speaker pops you'd get if you unplugged you guitar and it was very random. It kind of sounded like the pops and clicks you get when your buffer is too low during recording in a DAW.

But also, aside from that, the guitar signal sounded horrible. Even on a clean profile, it has this high frequency distortion all over it.

It happened while it was connected via USB and when it wasn't connected to USB.

I did try multiple guitars and cables. I disconnected everything and plugged the Kemper directly into my studio monitors (with multiple xlr's and 1/4") and it did the same thing.

I reset it by holding the system key while booting and it didn't fix anything.

Support said they'd put me in contact with their US manager to handle a repair.

This is brutal though. I'm grateful it can be fixed but my concern is the timeline. I use this every day for work.

The weird thing is, it just randomly stopped doing it last night under no different circumstances. It wasn't working properly for about 7 hours. After I checked every detail, it still wasn't working. Then I plugged my headphones in to see if the issue was in the headphones too... which it wasn't. And since I unplugged the headphones, it's been working as usual... That has to be coincidence, right?