Posts by Mugen180

Hmm that's what I thought.

Guess I'll have to look for one of those pedals then. I'll try the ones suggested but am also interested in the Precision Drive. The one that is claimed to work really well with digital amp sims.

Thnx for the replies humans.

Very curious!! I've been meaning to get one but haven't seen a demo where somebody paires this with a Kemper.

Also can't my kemper just clone this sound and be done?

Well that was a lot easier than I thought :D I used my XLR cable, did a quick test in Reaper, works!! Thanks.

And yes Ingolf thats the PA I'm using :) . What I mean is this. I've been using software like Guitar Rig from the beginning and I've noticed that it doesnt have the high chimes and roaring lows of a Cab+PA with Tubes....
    So this one day I managed to connect my Koch to my UX2 and all my presets in Guitar Rig sounded a lot closer to the "real" thing.

Guitar --> UX2-->Guitar Rig-->KRK
    ^
    ^
    Koch

Like this. Don't know much about the technical side of these things so I may have done something very....noobish, but hey :P

Awesome thanks for the reply. Just one thing though, forgot to mention that I'm using KRK VXT 6 Studio monitors which are powered and I've heard something about not using powered monitors with a PA like the Koch I use?

Hi how are you?

Question

I've been doing the whole Mic setup thing but it takes a lot of time to get it right. My room also isn't setup up right acoustically for that so I wanted to know how to record the Guitar signal to the PC.

My current setup is this:

Guitar --> Kemper (non PA version) --> Koch ATR 4502 PA --> ENGL Pro cab --> Shure SM57 --> Line 6 UX2 --> PC (windows)

I just need to now how to replace the ENG cab with my PC so that from there I can record it in my DAW, Reaper, and still have the effects of the PA.

Thank you