Posts by ShadowJumper

Someone asked to define "pushing air" - I remember when CD's first came out - I thought the sound was too sterile i.e. 2D vs. 3d - depth, richness, open sound of quality vinyl. For me, the Kemper reminds me of that - it sounds like a flat 2D digital tone vs. 3D open tone - so again for me 3D translates to "pushing air" or Analog vs. sterile Digital. This being said - I do hear videos where people have seem to have achieved this openness. My setup typically consists of KPA ==> DI ==> board for gigs and KPA ==> 500 series pre ==> computer interface for recording. Any help you can offer for how to set my KPA up would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Brad

I think you're right... but those that don't want to hear it (the difference between analog and digital) are simply not going to. And while the opposite may also be true, that is not my own experience. My Kone sounds infinitely better through an analog/tube amp than through a digital/solid state one. Its nothing a YouTube (i.e., digital) recording is going to capture though... same as PIO caps vs ceramic and original PAFs vs clones. This is not to say that they (digital sources) don't sound magnificent... to my ear there is a noticeable difference.

It depends on the amp... the Fryette Power Station is basically just a tube amp and mine runs rings around the solid state amps I have used. If your amp has an effects loop you can plug your Kemper into the return and you'll be pretty much good to go.

I have a 200 asc and plan on trying it this weekend with the Kab Klone I’m building.

I still like the idea of a replacement back for the Kab... i.e., pop off the existing back, connect speaker wires to a 200ACS embedded retro fit back and pop it back on. In my case it would be the ideal solution... I'm not sure how many others agree though. :/

I think one of the problems is that everyone is looking for something different based on individual user needs... and there doesn't seem to be a one-size-fits-all solution presented thus far. It appears the basic requirements revolve around:

100/115/120/230 V AC Power Supply

Stereo/Mono

50/100/200/400 Watts Class D Power

4/8/16 ohm Switchable

Pure Flat/FRFR EQ Curve

Rack Mount/Unpowered Unit Retrofit/Pedal

Low Price/High Quality/Technical Support

Most of us can tick off the ones we want from the list but I don't think there is anything available that does it all. I'd imagine that Kemper is trying to decide what would be acceptable to most (if they haven't done so already) and incorporating that into a powered Kab.

My Power Station is working well for me in the meantime with the Power Amp section of an Ethos Overdrive Amp and an EHX 44 Magnum in the batter's box.

Ciao Federico gradirei che rimuovessi il post come da regolamento non è consentito intervenire in Thread di altri produttori Grazie . In questo thread è successo di tutto purtroppo ....utenti che scrivono solo in maniera diffamante e nel solo intento di mettere in ridicolo il mio lavoro ho provveduto a segnalarli e a cui ho ricordato che è consentito scrivere solo per ricevere info tecniche come da regolamento Grazie

No one attempted to ridicule your work... all questions about the authenticity of you and/or your company were immediately met with hostility, scorn and rudeness. If you can't respond civilly to questions from potential customers then you have no business being in business... and as you can see all posts are still here no matter how many times you report each and every one to staff. Its nice that members here can see who they are doing business with... or not.

FYI: The Power Station's depth and presence knobs should be turned all the way to the left if you want it flat. By putting them an noon, you are effectively making the tone scooped.

With my tone knobs in the 5ish range through a PS-1 I seem to get the flattest response by having them at noon with both switches set to FLAT. Turning the knobs higher scoops it one way while turning them lower scoops them the other. Am I hallucinating?

You are highly offensive to both my staff and Fero. . Fero is in full production. Invitation to be correct. It is not nice to offend the work of others by calling them a repack I call DonPetersen to moderate please.

Your cryptic and rude response makes your profiles even more suspect and I stand by my original observation... your whole setup seems rather bogus to me. When you're done bristling do feel free to prove me wrong.

It would be WAY cool if someone could make an ICE ready replacement back for the Kemper Kabinet... just 1) pop off the old one, 2) disconnect the speakers, 3) connect the speakers to the replacement back, 4) screw the back on (holes already line up), 5) rock out!!

Voila!!! Instant powered Kab!!!

I mean how hard could it be?

Assembly line pre-ordered 10 at a time while demand lasts (or until Kemper starts doing it themselves).

Put me on the pre-order list and end the debate once and for all about which is the definitive power amp for the Kab...

:)

Were you using the flat settings on the Power Station? That seems to yield more uniform results for me.

I was looking at the BAM200 but it doesn't seem to do much more than my EHX 44 Magnum... and TC Electronic company are NOT very customer friendly... so I think I'll be avoiding them.I'm sure another ICE based unit will be coming along geared more specifically to profilers/modelers... at least that's what I'm holding out for.

Some EXTREMELY tasty profiles here... thanks for the effort!!

Have you given any thought as to which imprints (if any) sound best (closest to what your hearing with the originals) with individual profiles?

I, for one, would really love it if the profile vendors and those uploading profiles to the RE with Kabinet/Kone axx would update/add a note as to which imprint (if any) and settings most closely match the speaker they are profiling. HW @ ToneJunkie has pointed out that some imprints actually sound better than the originals because they allow for some degree of speaker tweaking. Being able to A/B the Kab/Kone in the same room as the original amp/speaker/cabinet would allow for the closest possible approximation. I know there's a thread for saying which imprints folks like best with specific profiles... but I'm looking for something less subjective (although, of course its not possible to be entirely objective) as to which imprints resemble the rig closest.

Any interest in this?