Posts by ShadowJumper

Isn't the PS-100 the newer, updated (more expensive) model?

I own a KPA Stage and I'm currently looking at the EHX Magnum 44 to power the Kabinet.

My Kabinet should be here later today... at some point I will try it with my Magnum to see how it interacts with the Kone... one thing to take into account with the Magnum is that it only runs at 8-16Ω... I have a solution on hand, but others may not.

Do you have any SS amp to compare to Fryette PS-2. I was also thinking to get SS amp for my Kemper, but what the h3ll. If PS-2 will be dull, I will get smth else ;)

I don't think I would ever describe my PS-1 as dull... quite the contrary, it is quirte brilliant. I usually run my Kemper through a 1000W Behringer Eurolive B112MP3 Active 2-Way PA Speaker System. I also have an Electro-Harmonix 44 Magnum which, with the exception of late night bedroom playing, is just too little power to push any air. I've been eyeballing am Electro-Harmonix ART SLA-1 260W Power Amp but I keep waffling on it because some folks say the fan is way loud... so the jury is still out on that.

PS-2 ordered, now time for Kabinet...

IMHO they add 'real' (noticeable) tube amp warmth and require a bit of extra tweaking because most are EQ'd for solid state but once you get the hang of it it is well worth the effort. It will be interesting to see how the Kabinet/Kone interact with it... if at all. My Kabinet will be here this weekend and I'll be plugging in as soon as it arrives and questions will be answered... oh yes, questions will be answered!! :P

I looked on eBay at power amps. All a bit confusing

It is isn't it. I have the Fryette Power Station, but I was looking to get something relatively inexpensive in solid state as a backup (or stereo) alternative. Seems every power amp I run across after doing some research has negatives (fan is too loud, not loud enough, wrong impedance, incompatible power source, expensive, too much flavor, etc.). A powered Kabinet would make things much easier but would probably not offer a lot of choices. The Camplifier and Duncan Power Stage seem to be the stand outs so far though.

This makes no sense. As soon as you have purchased a Profiler, you're a customer, whether old or new. Providing free updates over the past 8 years for their product, rather than releasing new products in the form of hardware updates is only value for their existing customers. Prospective customers that might be persuaded to go the Kemper route because of the updates would exist whether they introduce them with a new product as a hardware update or not. I think you should think about what you're saying before posting your bile on here and telling others to "wake up"...:/:rolleyes:

Thank you Mother Theresa... I'm sure Microsoft and Apple just give free updates out of the goodness of their hearts as well... if you knew thing one about business you would understand it is a common business tactic... call it bile if you like, I call it reality... you can prove me wrong or you can continue to spew nonsense. Don't let the title of enlightened user go to your head... clearly you're not.

I think free updates to functionality and capability say more about how they value their customers than any generic, auto-reply thank you email ever could... :rolleyes:

Its pure marketing for new customers, nothing to do with servicing old ones... wake up, they could care less what you think!

I literally did get a Thank You note from Kemper, regarding my Kabinet purchase:

As it should be...

You want them to say thank you? I just assume that companies are grateful when I order stuff.

I think this might not be the last delayed delivery you receive given the global context.

Yeah... take advantage of that one-size fits all excuse for lack of common courtesies.... maybe in your world, not acceptable in mine.

ShadowJumper You may want to check your Spam folder - I've seen posts where people have indicated they have found emails from Kemper there.

The website says the same thing... it is just lack of appreciation... which I've come to expect from Kemper... ;)

Ordered a cabinet 3 days ago (promised 2-3 days delivery on the website) and not so much as a thank you from them... they sure dinged my credit card within minutes of receiving the order though... that was after they posted the wrong price, raised it by a hundred bucks and non-nonchalantly canceled my first order... shows how much they care about their loyal customer base... Kemper doesn't really seem to have much of an understanding of time and promises as is proven again and again... the profiler is great, everything else, not so much!

Fryette PS-2. Unfortunately not available at Thomann right now.

I have a Kab on order and can't wait to hear how it sounds with my PS1. Ordering from Kemper is always an ordeal though, and this time was no exception. They canceled my order and said the listed price was too low... which is pretty much what I've come to expect from them. Reordered at the new inflated price... lets see if they can get it right this time... one of the worst companies I've ever done business with, they are just lucky the Kemper is so awesome.... which is based purely on the technical side, as their customer support and sales SUCKS!!!!

For your quarantining pleasure...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Duano; good on ya mate. ;)

I really like the way different guitars are driven through the same profiles in this video highlighting the uniqueness of each guitar yet allowing the profile to shine though... and I love mbritt's Greg Martin CC Les Paul (although I think it would sound even better with a set of Wizz pickups in it!!

Episode 5... for your viewing pleasure...:)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've found the Fryette Power Station far superior to any SS amp, including the IcePower inside the powered KPA and it's immensely versatile for both modellers and valve amps.

I love the warmth of a tube amp, and the Power Station gives me that without sacrificing transparency. Solid state amps have a sterility/clarity, for better or worse, that, while hardly noticeable is there if you look for it, and while the tone might be spot on there is still something definitely missing from the equation that Kemper hasn't been able to duplicate yet. At least not to my ears. Others may disagree.. and I can live with that. 8o I'm really looking forward to popping a Kone (or 2) into one of my cabs and seeing how the new precision speaker reacts to the Power Station. In the meantime, the Behringer Eurolive B112MP3 has been performing splendidly.

I’ve been playing my kpa only with headphones for a few months in anticipation of these.

Any updates on shipping dates? I’m getting antsy and don’t want to settle on buying a cab but I’m dying to play the kpa out loud!

Availability of the KEMPER Kabinet and also The KEMPER Kone as a replacement speaker for any existing guitar cab is expected towards the end of Q1 2020.

Episode 4 is out... not sure if I should keep posting updates here or not... :/