Posts by devilinside82

Hi again. After spending some time in hospital (and doing finals at school) I could finally mess a little with the kemper and my new guitar...
    At the moment I'm looking for a Metallica (enter sandman) tone and some sort of old In Flames /Killswitch Engage tone and a modern post-hardcore/metalcore tone.
    Right now I'm using ACEs 800 / 900 mid but I'm wondering if I should get some commercial 800s or something completely different...
    I know that it is personal preference but any recommendations?
    Here's a short list of songs I learned during the last few months, as the beginner I am , and I'm still looking for the "perfect sound" for these songs:
    Ashes Remain - End of Me
    Skillet - Monster
    Skillet - Hero
    The Offspring - Original Prankster
    Sum 41 - Hell Song
    Greenday - Holiday
    BonJovi - Runaway
    Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
    Alice Cooper - Poison
    Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Metallica - Seek 'n' destroy
    Zebrahead - hell yeah
    Tote Hosen - Bonnie&Clyde
    Thanks a lot

Hi guys.
    On friday my Kemper Powerhead and my dxr12 and dxr10 finally arrived. I was able to do a short test of the dxr 10 and it was so good that I didn't even unpack the dxr12...
    Since sunday I'm in hospital and so I couldn't do any further testing.
    Nonetheless I'm wondering which setting is the "correct" one for kemper+dxr10? Should I increase Volume at the dxr10 and keep it low on the kemper or the other way around? Is there a sound difference? I'm new to all of this so I want to get the best possible sound.
    Furthermore,should I have both of the "eqs" on the dxr10 on off or should I have them switched to foh/main etc.?
    Thx for your help!

Thx again. I decided to try the dxr and will probably go with the dxr12. I think this will suit my music preference (Metalcore and stuff) better because of the low end.
    I will order the toaster+remote+mission pedal and the dxr. Which cables do I need to get this setup working properly? All this stuff is new to me so I don't know the differences between xlr and 1/4 .
    Thx a lot

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome even though I'm not a family member yet ;)

I almost ordered one today but I'm still undecided which solution I should get although I really appreciate your advice.
    Maybe there's someone who can explain what the (dis)advantages are between dxr10/12 and the camper 112+ or should I go 2*12?
    Last week I played the Kemper with an 2*12 EnGl cabinet and it sounded really nice and there was that "pressure feeling" to it. Do I get this "oomph" with the dxr like I would get it with a normal cabinet?

Sorry for being that annoying but those ~3000Euros have to be well spent and future proof because I won't be able to spend any money on this subject (guitar playing) the next 5years or so :-/
    Long story short: I should get a solution with which I'm happy at playing at home as well as playing at friend's (or maybe some small gigs )

Armin: More like um Ulm herum (15km away)
    Where do you know this saying from?

Hey guys,
    after reading a lot here and in other forums I registered last week....
    I'm a beginner guitarist (although I have my western guitar and my Ibanez Art 120wh for about 6years) and I have just been practising on a daily basis for the last 6-8months. It's not always easy to get the needed practise time as I am a new primary school teacher...
    Nonetheless I'm getting tired of my micro cube and I'd like to get me a kemper.
    I think the ratio headphones/monitors usage is going to be 70/30. Still I'd like to to be able to play "loud". So I'm stuck in the decision process...Should I get the Kemper Powerhead+Camper 112 DIY or "normal" Kemper+Dxr10/12 or "normal" Kemper+HS8?
    I'm going to use the kemper at my home office but I'd like to have the option of playing at a friend's house or at school,too...
    So the HS8 wouldn't make that much sense or is this setup preferable? I really like to play to backing tracks / the original songs and so it would also be helpful to know whether it's possible to achieve a formidable backing track sound through a frfr speaker or not when playing mp3s through the line in on the kemper...
    Thx a lot for your help!
    Greetings from Ulm

Ben

PS: My preferred music is still Metalcore/Post-Hardcore but I also like fusion/djent and all kinds of rock

Hey guys,
    after reading a lot here and in other forums I registered last week.... I'm in a similar situation and so I decided to "hi-jack" this thread.(hope thats ok)
    I'm a beginner guitarist (although I have my western guitar and my Ibanez Art 120wh for about 6years) and I have just been practising on a regular basis for the last 6-8months.
    Nonetheless I'm getting tired of my micro cube and I'd like to get me a kemper.
    I think the ratio headphones/monitors usage is going to be 70/30 or even 80/20. Still I'd like to to be able to play "loud". So I'm stuck in the decision process...Should I get the Kemper Powerhead+Camper 112 DIY or "normal" Kemper+Dxr10/12 or "normal" Kemper+HS8?
    I'm going to use the kemper at my home office but I'd like to have the option of playing at a friend's house,too...
    So the HS8 wouldn't make that much sense or is this setup preferable for home usage?
    Thx a lot for your help!
    Greetings from Ulm

Ben