Posts by Jarkre

I have not! I honestly don't even know what a snapshot is. I'm that dumb.

I have done the following snapshot (= Focusrite configuration file having .ff extension) for reamping.

You may do similar configuration by yourself and then save it. Before doing actual reamping, load this configuration.

However, first of all, please save your normal configuration because you need to reload it after using reamping configuration.

The first one (uppermost having text "Monitor Outputs 1 -2") routes the reamped signal (from Kemper via SPDIF) to DAW.

The second one (lowermost having text "S/PDIF Outputs 1-2") routes the "dry" guitar signal (from DAW) to Kemper via SPDIF.

Also make sure that the Kemper input is set to "SPDIF Input Reamp" during reamping.

In Protools, configure the "reamped" track (= the track which records the reamped signal) input to "SPDIF 1 & 2".

I am using my twenty years old Sony MDR-CD380 headphones which are just amazing with Kemper. I have several newer

headphones but they don't sound good at all with Kemper. My Sony headphones are also very comfortable to use.

There is one simple reason why the next Generation Kemper _must_ be released in not so distant future.
    That is component availability. Sooner or later some critical electronics component(s) currently used by Kemper will be N/A.
    In other words, At some point of time the current Kemper design cannot be manufactured anymore because all of the
    components are not available.

I love my Kemper amp but from hardware point of view it is... a dinosaur.

Update:
    Studied this a little bit more. The DSP 56720 was launched 2008 and guaranteed longevity (availability) is 10 years.

-> this means that new Kemper will be released this year (2018).

Perhaps this video is helpful...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.