Posts by maverick4417

After spending too many hours auditioning profiles in a live setting, my go to profile for P&W is currently the Matchless BC6 in MBritt's pack 1. I mainly use a tele. That being said, there's a number of excellent MBritt profiles that also work depending on the flavour you're after. The Princeton is one I use as well.

The reason you don't see it could be a browser issue. I noticed that it showed up fine in a updated browser (e.g. Chrome), but it didn't show up using an old version of Internet Explorer.

How do these profiles compare to the AC30 profiles in pack 2?

I've been researching a ton profiles and botique amps to see what kind of thing might work best for me. Some of the 'theampfactory' profiles seem to be pretty decent but I can see M Britt is popular here so I'll have to look at those too. Can't wait to actually play the thing, but it's a 2/3 week wait from my supplier. And it'll feel longer than that.

Welcome here rockbadger. For your purposes, I highly recommend the "Tonehawk" pack, and it's a steal for $9.99 (check out the Tonehawk video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OUK8mZ53s), and I find these profiles really excel and open up at live volumes. The FTR37 profiles are outstanding, and you can set up a whole performance with the various FTR37 profiles, as the pack has various pedals baked into the profiles. My profiler is primarily filled with Tonehawk and MBritt profiles (I recommend the MBritt pack 2 or pack 1 as well). You really can't go wrong here with these three packs, and you'll need to experiment based on the guitar you're using. Some profiles will be better suited to different guitars.

I find MBritt's profiles great, but have to eq based on the guitar. Using a PRS with humbuckers I find his profile pack 2 does not sound great until the FOH boosts 1k by approximately 3 to 4 dbs. Completely opens up the amp tone with this change and the difference is night and day. On the other hand, using a Duesenberg with p90s requires very little tweaking to FOH.

All the sharing of experiences on here is great. Yesterday, while playing live, I used the MBritt Vox AC30 B1 profile, a guitar with p90s, an OCD pedal out front, a Strymon Timeline and Blue Sky in the X slot as a stereo loop, and bam...sounded incredible! It's the sound I was looking for, with all the benefits of plugging to the front of house. Thanks everyone for sharing the tips.

Interesting thread. I also see that this session/worship guitarist also switched to a Kemper, and he notes that he primarily uses MBritt profiles as well....looks like most are from profile pack 2:

http://therealjonnybird.tumblr.com/gear
    http://therealjonnybird.tumblr…-profiles-do-you-use-live

What I find interesting is that a number forum members above indicate that they are using external drive and effect pedals...maybe that's the missing link for me live...at least until the new delays/reverbs are released. I'm still trying to find that chewy edge of breakup delay tone that I can find by using a boutique amp, stacked overdrives, and Strymon delay/reverb. Has anyone been successful so far using only the Kemper's onboard drives/effects to achieve the Hillsong/Bethel tones live? I find the free MAB/Tonehawk Bloom 2 profile quite outstanding for ambient stuff, and they work amazing live...but the reverb is a bit over the top for most occasions other than when space and ambience are required.

By the way, I use a PRS CE24 and a Duesenberg Starplayer, with a floor wedge for monitoring live, and studio monitors at home. The Kemper is sure an amazing tool, and I haven't played this much guitar at home in years!

I would be curious to hear which profiles work best for you in this setting. I'm in the same boat, recently sold my Matchless amp and Strymon pedals for a Kemper, and play for 1200 people on Sundays. The Kemper jumped up a level for me when I tried out the MBritt profiles. Any tips on getting that signature Hillsong/Bethel tone live with the Kemper would be great!

I use a PRS CE24 with MBritt pack two, and it's the best profiles I've used yet (it's the only MBritt pack I've bought so far...but interested in the BOC and pack 1 too). I primarily play edge of breakup, and the Divided by 13 FTR, Vox, Morgan CM50, and Marshall SL are all a great fit with the PRS. I played live last weekend out of a high end PA system and did zero eqing and used all MBritt and Tonehawk profiles with the PRS.

That's because I didn't want to have to admit that it's was my own stupidity as the cause for the buzzing :) . It helps if I ensure the big red button that says ground lift on the back of the Kemper is on the right setting. Ha! It was set to lift the ground...deselected the button, and problem solved. Guess I didn't need to spend a few hours isolating monitors and cables, and running extension cords to other outlets in the house :) . True newbie here! I do appreciate the support from this forum!

On a semi-related topic, do you have any suggested best practices for gain staging/output/input settings on the Kemper and my studio monitors, which are directly connected to the main outputs via XLR? For example, my studio monitors have input settings of -10db, 0, and +4db. I've done some experimenting, and it seems that the Kemper runs pretty hot to the studio monitors. For example, with the studio monitors set at 0 db, my main output on the Kemper is set around -30db, and my Aux in with my iphone for jam tracks is set super low at like 0.8. Obviously, if I set the studio monitors at -10db, I can raise the main ouputs and Aux levels on the Kemper. Any suggestions for what the optimal settings are, as I really don't know, and am just guessing? I primarily use a PRS with hot pickups, and have my clean sense set to -4.5 to avoid clipping.