Posts by lloco

Hey wheieck, did it solve your issue and if so, what has the service-center excactly done, if it is something i can do it would be nice so i don't have to send it to service-center, got a gig in 2 weeks ... . I think i have the same issue. Suddenly last night there was a lot of noise added to my profiles while the day before everything was fine, tried different guitars and so, same issue, just didn't tried a full clean reset.

grts

yo dudes,

we are recording some stuff, but still struggle to get an awesome sound, tried a lot of profiles but still haven't found what i am looking for :)

So our idea of a sound is a bit close to what soilwork did on stabbing a drama, anyone got clues which kind of profiles would come close to it, have a lot of deadlight studio's profiles; stl tones protone bulb, erglabs and choptones.

thx a lot

yo dudes,

first of all thx to kemper dudes to have this piece of equipment.

Now, when i am playing or recording , yep high gain in dropped A, i always have the impression that the profiles are either to much hiss and fizz, tried to lower the gain, but then it starts to get weak, not much punch, clean sense already to -12 , added some eq's , sounded a bit better but not so convinced. So now i played a bit with the distortion sense , and set it at -5 , the sound has cleaned up, not that much hiss. Now my question is, are there any sd blackouts users who do it the same way or have other tips/issues with these pickups.

Thx

totally agree, playing with some sounds an when i put a equalize in the eq my sound gets so much better, it's a pity i have to put it there so i can't use any other effects there, so i totally agree with it, but i would not only put it for the monitor output, but also for the master output (in the output section), in fact add the utilities of the stomp 'studio equalizer' to those two outputs, and let the user give a choice (use standard eq (bass, mid, treble, presence) or use advanced settings, the studio equalizer comes up

SOLUTION :

as i stumbled upon other dudes who had the same problem, some said related with fcb 1010, has nothing do it with it, the thing that does it setting in the output settings the direct output to OFF, if you can't access the parameter because it says "direct out used for loop in stomp" unplug the cable from direct out at the back and change the parameter , voila, seamless changes, nice !!!

Problem :

yo

i use a g-major as an external effects in the fx loop on the kemper, so far so good, now that i've made some rigs for my rhythm and solo's sound, next step is controlling them via midi( a fcb 1010, no UNO chip, just standard), it works fine, can control KPA as well as the g-major, now the problem is when i change rig via the midi there's always a popping sound, now this thing only occurs when playing, when nothing is played, no pops, when changed via kemper (not via midi), no pops, so it only happens when the rigs are changed via midi, thought it was my g-major, but nope, tried with dummy cable in loop, same result.

Read here that the aux should be at O, that's the case, also when the direct mix of fx loop is set to 0 - 10 % pops are less.

anybody knows how to resolve this or should i open a ticket for that

thx

i use a vfe focus pedal, it's killing it for high gain sounds, but there's one thing i still haven't figured out, when i use a wah in the stomps section of the kemper , the wah isn't almost hearable, with the focus pedal off the kemper wah is perfect, in my old settings the wah was before the focus , i could do this again but then it adds a pedal to ground, would rather love to have only my fcb1010 on the ground , oh well, keep on searching for the hoy grail of tone

yo dudes,

playing round with my kpa and ran into a small problem, i use a vfe focus in front of the kemper to give it a little boost which sounds great, tried to use it in the loop on stomp level but didn't sound that great in comparison to the front use. Now, i am controlling kemper with a fcb 1010 and would love to use the expression pedal with a wah from the kemper, so i have i only 1 unit on the ground (the vfe is in the rack), but it seems that when the focus pedal is activated the wah becames quite useless, meaning you don't hear it, with the focus pedal off, the wah is more present, normally we would put the wah before the focus pedal but with the use of the wah in kemper it doesn't sound that clear, so to clarify

before kemper i used this
    guitar -> wah -> foucs pedal > amp > g-major

now with i kemper i have following possibilities
    guitar -> wah -> focus pedal > kemper > g-major in effect loop kemper : sounds ok, but adds a pedal to the ground

guitar -> focus pedal > wah stomp in kemper > g-major in effect loop kemper : wah isn't clear enough

guitar -> wah stomp in kemper > g-major in effect loop kemper : wah sounds good, high gain sound isn't what i want

guitar -> wah stomp in kemper > focus pedal in distortion loop of kemper > g-major in effect loop kemper : wah sounds good, high gain sound isn't what i want

so ideal i would like to use scenario 2, with focus pedal in front and wah in kemper, does anyone have an idea what settings i would have to change so the wah becomes clear like without the focus pedal, or other possibilities (tried other stomps in kemper to replace focus pedal, not the same result )
    already big thx