Posts by xxtwighlight

•Kemper Profiler

•Mackie DSM12 monitor

•Furman SS-6B power strip

(standard level surge protection, EMI/RFI filtration)

I play weddings in many different venues, and on a rare occasion I get extreme buzzing due to the venues outlets(dimmer switches/etc)

I researched how to deal with the buzz which led me to skipping a "Hum-X" and going for an isolator box. I opted for the best/smallest "Lehle P-ISO"($140 geez), but still no luck. I used it for the first time and wasnt really sure how to connect it, so I connected it between...

Kemper monitor out(1/4") and

Mackie DSM12 input(1/4")

Is this correct?

I even flipped the cables on the P-ISO to be sure, but no luck.

To get through the gig I increased the Kemper global noise gate and turned down the guitars tone knob which helped.

At the end of the night I noticed that moving the guitar left to right made the buzz increase/decrease.

Touching guitar strings also did nothing.

As I finished writing this I just remembered the bride and groom had a neon sign of thier last name on the wall behind their table roughly 10ft away. Maybe this was the cause?

If it was, is there any device that could've helped?

Thanx for any help!

I also just ordered one of those Black Lion Audio power conditioner strips in hopes that it outperforms the Furman power strip I currently use.

I agree.

At least in my situation. We work with an agency that supplies a PA system and different people working it all the time. It's probably best to tweak your sounds in the profiler/modeler and leave your monitor as flat/neutral as possible because I assume that foh is starting with a similar flat tone and the sound will be more consistant.

Unless you own your own PA and have time to compare and hone your sounds.

I think that's the other point - the sound through your Kabinet will not be the same through a PA.

PA speakers are FRFR and theoretically should be the same - that of course is not really true but it should not be night and day in terms of handling your sounds. In other words, I would check your profiles through headphones first or try the Kabinet in FRFR mode to ensure your profiles are how you want them to sound through a PA, as good sounds through the Kabinet might not automatically translate as good sounds through a PA.

Just a thought.... :)

Unless I'm playing in a U2 cover band I just find these tap tempo buttons useless.

Could a software update change it to an additional preset button?

I read something about using it as a volume boost, which is slightly better than tap tempo, but an extra preset button option would be ideal.

Also, would a button "hold" function be a doable Kemper Remote option?

Some midi switchers/modelers offer this (Voes/AxeFX/etc)

You hold the button down for half a second or so which changes to a whole different saved preset(rig), unlike morphing which can just change parameters on the one rig.
    Morphing is great, but just curious if that could be done via software update?

Thanx

I'm realizing some things I've been doing wrong with the KPA for years.

I've been using a speaker cable, (not guitar cable) from KPA "Monitor Out" to QSC K8.2.

I've also been using the QSC K8.2 set to "Instrument"(Hi-Z), which I now believe is wrong, correct?
    I'm using an unpowered KPA toaster.

Instrument (Hi-Z) is only used if plugging a guitar direct, or at least w/out a "Line level" device between them, correct?

Thanx for any help!

Just curious if anyone has compared both Kemper Kone & Celestion F12-200X.

Or maybe just your opinion of the F12-200X.

I already own the Kemper Kone. I’m running it off a Laney IRT-X powered speaker and haven’t been able to turn it up yet.

So there are a few variables with my final opinion. So far it sounds decent. Then of course we really need the option to save imprints

to individual rigs,etc. But I’m sure thats all in the works.

From what Iv’e experienced, it’s best to get my sound (tone/eq) setup in my personal wedge monitor first, then try to get the pa speaker mains(crowd speaker) to sound as close as possible to my personal monitor via Kemper output eq/etc.

This way when I tweak a rig at home, I won’t have to worry about the crowd hearing something very different to what I hear coming at me from my personal monitor. Like many of us, I don’t own or have access or time to tweak the pa speakers.

So isn’t the “speaker imprint” function of the Kemper Kone throwing the eq balance off between what we hear on stage and what the crowd hears since the speaker imprint only works in monitor out and not main out?

For those that play live and run through the pa, this is why it’s probably best to stay content and work with the sounds you can get with a full range/pro audio pa speaker (yamaha dxr/qsc k series/etc.) as it’s the same style speaker that are used with the pa mains.

I’m not sure why Kemper didn’t include “main out” with the speaker imprint function. I thought this is easy enough stuff in the digital realm?

These are just my observations, let me know your opinions.

Thanx

I never got a shipping notice for my Kemper Kone. It just showed up on my porch the other day.

Just be aware in case you live amongst the “Porch Pirates”.

Also when I ordered the Kemper Kone the confirmation email told me to check the shipping status by signing into shop.kempermusic.us. When I registered there was no info of the order. Maybe because I purchased it first and then registered after?