Posts by xxtwighlight

Quick story: In the mid 80’s my mom picked up an Ampeg Gemini II from a garage sale for $10. I ended up selling it to my friend for $15.

He eventually turned around and sold it to a music store for $50. I was so jealous! ha ha! Worth much more these days!

It seems most rigs in rig manager are always very bright. Can anyone recommend warmer, darker, jazz-like rigs?

Maybe something more muscular in the upper chord structure without being excessively Bassy? if that’s possible? I guess it’s upper mid range I seek.

I know I can tweak various EQ parameters on brighter rigs, but I’d like to start with a good basic foundation.

Thanx

Don’t overlook the EQ section presets as well. “Cut the mix” is great start for a tighter/punchier sound.

Working with eq mids can be difficult. You think you got it right then realize it’s a mess.

“Cut the mix” gets you to a great starting point if more tight punch is what you seek. It seems to be preset just right for most profiles. Tweak from there.

I usually open up a new bank and place the original untouched profile in the first bank preset.

I then copy & paste that profile to the remaining bank presets or move to the next bank and continue to paste if I plan to do alot of tweaking and comparing.

I’ll keep the original untouched and tweak the others. Then I can simply compare/contrast any tonal changes that I’ve made with the original.

Jotting down notes is a good idea. It can be difficult to remember what changes you made to each preset if you have a bank or two loaded with the same profile.

A/B comparison soft “button” may not be the best idea.

I personally switch back and forth probably hundreds of times when doing an A/B comparison.

I’d rip my hair out if I had to remove my hand from the guitar to press a button each time.

You definitely need to A/B via footswitch.

I’m finding it difficult scrolling through rigs and cabs with my hands as I have to strum the guitar with each and every profile I’m listening to. Same issue with Rig Manager.

Sometimes I run a riff on the looper while I scroll through rigs/cabs/etc.

Is there currently a way to scroll through rigs and cabs as well as Rig Manager via (Kemper Remote) footswitch?

I scroll up to an empty bank and load the profile I want to tweak in the 1st preset slot.

I then copy that profile and paste it to the other 4 empty preset slots in the bank.

The 1st preset remains untouched (original) while I tweak the others and A/B back and forth

between them.

Sometimes I’ll have up to 3 banks of the same profile A/B’ing the different EQ tweaks.

You can then copy and paste the best chosen rig back down to your working bank and delete the others or begin your next profile to A/B.

SIDE NOTE TIP: Don’t overlook “cut the mix” EQ preset. It really makes a clean or dirty rig punchy and articulate. It’s a great starting point if you feel you need additional EQ’ing.

Sorry, yes on the remote.

To clarify, I stored both Green Scream & Graphic EQ from the “stomps” section on the profiler to button IIII on the remote.

I then chose to store them as part of the profile itself, so I turned them off on the remotes button IIII (upper row effects buttons) and stored them as part of the profile itself (preset 3, lower buttons).

problem . . .

Whenever I stomp back on that lower preset button 3, either one of the effects that I previously removed from effects button IIII (Green scream/Graphic EQ) will still turn on.

I then try and try again to remove them by the usual process...holding the Profiler effect button while stomping on the Remote button where it was stored. I then store it.

It works until I stomp to another preset and return.

I had od & eq saved together in upper stomp slot IIII (4).

I then un-stored them from upper slot IIII and saved them as part of the profile preset itself.

Fine.

But when I stomp on another preset and go back, either od or eq will light up again, but not both together.

It seems that sometimes when it lights up as EQ, I then store it off again ...I stomp another preset, go back again, and its on as OD rather than EQ.

Thanx for any help.

Thanx

I didn’t see any pages at the bottom of the screen, nor did I find a search box.

I was able to touch a subject in the table of contents. I just need to figure out how to quickly

jump back up to the top again.

I’m using an Ipad mini 3.

I tried holding it both vertical and horizontal as sometimes hidden things will appear, but no luck.

Is there anything found in Ipad “settings” that may not be enabled?

Thanx for your help.

I can obviously hear what’s happening with each as I tweak them, but are “mids 1” and “mids 2” found in Studio Equalizer considered individually as upper and lower (or vice versa) mids. It would help to know visually/mentally.

Mids are a @&$#% to work with. Haha!

Thanx

- Robert

Quick side note: Is there a way (on Ipad) to quickly jump to a page in the online Main Manual?

or is it swipe city?