Posts by xxtwighlight

To answer some questions. . .

Yes, the monitor is on the floor. I’ll try and get them up a bit with some kind of mod. I dont want to go the tripod stand or amp stand route. Just too much extra gear to deal with.

I own and tried a Yorkville NX10C/QSC K8.2/Atomic CLR neo/ and have the bass issue with all of them.

CKemper recommends reducing bass from the “output” eq. Which is global. Fine.

But does reducing the output eq bass then affect the treble/mid response?

I would ideally have it at about 8 or 9 o’clock (1/4 of the way up) for best results. Is that too much reduction?

What I hear through headphones is less bass boominess (response). I’m pretty sure this is normal and not what I am expecting to hear from a proper frfr monitor setup. Correct?

I assume all monitors reguardless of how “flat” will always have more bottom and spikier highs than what is heard through headphones. I use Grado SR60 with a 1/4” adapter plug.

I always end up using every bass reduction option I can find which includes reducing bass from EQ(soft button section), Studio Equalizer(x slot) with bass “gain” lowered and bass “cut” up til I hear it just begin to cut. “Output” eq reduced.

After I reduce the bass to my liking, I then go back to the original rig profile and realize that I killed the tone. Lol. Along w/bass cutting I also tame the highs in most profiles. High cut/etc.

Maybe I should go to those other modelers where I could build my rig from the ground up. I know the Kemper shouldn’t be modified to the extreme without ruining the tone.

I’ve tried the AX8 and the Helix, but I just prefer the organic tones, ease of use, and user interface of the Kemper.

I’m going to try lowering my pickups a bit as well. They are not too high, but maybe it will give a slight reduction. I play in a wedding band which doesnt require hot high gain metal tones.

Anyway...lol.

I always find myself dropping bass in the EQ section and running the Studio Equalizer effect increasing bass cut and dropping low gain on pretty much every profile that I demo or use on RigManager.

I use single coils, but couldnt even imagine the increased bass response with humbuckers.

I even have my global output eq set with decreased bass.

Any tips? Or is down to compensating with tons of eq?

If it helps I use a Gibson-like guitar with an Dimarzio Eric Johnson DP211 humbucker blended over to single coil. So essentially its a single coil.

Yorkville NX10C active/300watts/10” speaker (w/tweeter) monitor.

But I’ve had this excessive bass issue with other gear as well.

Anyway...suggestions?

Thanx

I’ve tried to look up info in the manual, but no luck.
    Previously, when I stomped on a preset and turned on an effect, and then stomped on that same preset, my upper button effects(chorus,flanger!etc.) would automatically turn off.
    Now when I stomp on the preset (then stomp on an effect and back to preset again), the effect stays on until I stomp it off manually.
    I’m sure its a simple configuration I accidentally enabled, but I can’t fiqure it out.
    Any help?
    Thanx

I have Bank 1 set up as clean, clean boost, gain(rhythm), lead(med gain), lead(high gain).
    Is this the most common setup when working with “banks”?
    Or do you have Bank 1 as all your “cleans” and Bank 2 as all your rhythm gains and Bank 3 higher lead gains, etc. ?
    I personally hate jumping through banks as I sometimes get confused where I am, haha.
    I think the confusion has more to with my (wedding)bandleader calling out songs on the fly rather then working from a stable setlist.
    You only have maybe a few seconds to locate the next song. blah!

Thats why I always prefer a pedalboard unit with at least 10 switches rather then bank jumping.

I also use pedalboard presets from right - left rather than vice-versa.

How do you configure each bank?
    Thanx, and please, at your convenience, continue rockin’

I'm generalizing here.... but, tube amps seem to have a certain way of cutting through the mix that solid state amps seem to universally lack. I know the Kemper is capable - I've heard it, but I haven't identified it. Sure I can get louder, but I'm still missing that 'cut' and 'gut punch' that I'm used to hearing from tube amps.

Is there a secret EQ setting or other type of effect that seems to do this trick for the Kemper?

I always work with “direct mix” to blend in a bit of clean signal. It helps give definition to the notes
    providing more punch..
    “Pick attack” will increase “cut” in the mix as well.

I’ve read on various TGP forum threads, that power filtering (Furman Power Factor Pro) is not as important as voltage regulation.
    That was in reference to tube amps.
    Is voltage regulation equally important or recommended for digital amps (kemper)?

Voltage regulators were expensive and large (rack mount Furman) when I used to research them years ago.
    I noticed this AmpRx “brown box”, which is small(ish), but also uses the keyword “tube amp” in the description which is why I ask if digital amps need, or can benefit from a voltage regulator. Or is it wasted money and just extra gear to lug around?

AmpRx “brown box”
    https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…l-hh6sy2iDxxoCB_oQAvD_BwE

Additionally - if a voltage regulator is beneficial, are there any units you would recommend - preferably not large rack size.

Thanx
    - Robert

I use the master volume alot live, but with very subtle volume increases and decreases.
    I view the screen first when adjusting, then listen to the change - all in a matter of a quick few seconds.
    It's tough enough to see the old screen, but the new screen is very tiny. I have to bend over, squint and double check now.
    I'm not sure of the benefit upgrade? If you linked any of the other volumes, then they are going to increase/decrease the same amount
    anyway.
    I havent looked yet, but is there an option to default back to the old Master vol viewing screen?
    Thanx

This RCF "evox 8" pa system is unused. I purchased it for my Kemper Profiling guitar amp that works with flat frequency pa style monitors instead of standard guitar cabs.
    I wanted to compare it to my current active cab and return it if I didn't like it, but Amazon did not accept the return. This was the message . . .
    "RCF EVOX8 8 Two-Way Array 1400 Watt PA System
    Quantity: 1
    This item isn't eligible for return.
    This item can't be returned since it requires special transportation and handling which we can't provide. Use the Contact us button for help addressing your issue. "

The Evox 8 was only used in my bedroom to A/B compare with my Atomic CLR Neo. It really held its own tonewise in comparison to the CLR. Just a different configuration footprint.
    The only noticeable wear is on the top end of the speaker pole from turning the top speaker back and forth when comparing. This will immediatly happen anyway but it is mild and visually unseen hidden in the tophat pole socket. Other than that it is in brand new condition.

It is a really great sounding pa system and sounded great with my Kemper Profiling amp, but it just wasn't the best form factor (footprint/shape/size) that I seek for a guitar amp. Its just a personal thing. I was building a custom cart around the same time to house all the rig gear, so I opted for the cart.

The Evox 8 is also very well made (more so than the Line6 stuff, IMO) compact/powerful at 1400 watts/ and only weighs 50lbs total.
    Setup is super quick and the top speaker slides into the subwoofer when packing up.
    Here is a YouTube video showing a comparison with a top name brand pa system (not my video)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2k0EVQAF0

There are many rave reviews online as well.

The RCF "Evox 8" sells new for $1800, I am asking flat $1425 (if you pick up in NJ zip 07932)

or I can ship to US only.
    Reverb.com shipping estimator has it at $129 across the country.
    I'll ship at $95

I have perfect feedback on EB@Y under xxtwighlight ( 15 year member ) and I am a longtime member of The Gear Page ( 14 year member) for some quick references.
    Thanx
    - Robert

I have an RCF Evox 8 which is a similar setup.
    I thought it sounded very good with my Kemper and it was hangin' pretty good tonewise compared with my Atomic CLR Neo, but with a bit more more dimensional dispersion.
    I just ultimately didn't care for the setup style(footprint). Its quick and easy to set up, but I didnt want to have a separate stand for the Kemper head and remote,cables,exp pedal,etc.
    It's really just a personal thing as I'm always runnin' late to my wedding gigs and built a "set it, forget it" kinda cart to house all the rig gear.
    Amazon wouldnt allow me to return the Evox 8, so it's avail for about $450 less than what I paid if anyone is interested. I'll post it in the "for sale" section as well.