Posts by everasia

Hello Friends,

My experience with the Kemper hasn't unfortunately been very positive so far.

Last year I started to experience a crazy issue, like input signal gets heavily distorted with a lots of clicks and pops.

This happens with everything disabled (stomps, stack, effects)

I brought my unit down to my local dealer (I live in Singapore) and after 2.5 months (!!!) I got it back. They said they had replaced the analog board.

Now, I am having the exact same issue again. I have recorded it, you can listen it here

https://drive.google.com/open?…AWdFo25UEPvrZmWkLIbGIe9SN

I have of course already contacted support and I am awaiting reply.

I am posting here to get visibility in case anybody had experienced (and hopefully) solved the same problem

This is the 3rd time I have HW issue on my units, I will try to ask for a replacement, I hope they'd consider that.

Cheers

Salvo

I have a quite extensive collection of profiles, and I like to keep them organized by amp brand / model, so I have a few folders / subfolders

When importing the profiles to the Rig Manager, it looks like it ignores the folders and just import whatever is inside the root.

Is there any way to overcome this limitation (other than manually creating the folders within the rig manager and drag n dropping the rigs inside them)

I have tried to look into the Rig Manager own library files but it looks like the SW is not using a plain folder hierarchy, but instead it is creating a single db file which cannot be browsed / modified directly.

Cheers,

Alright I got it. I was overthinking this latency thing.
    So if I have to reamp two separate played tracks there is no value in using the constant latency, at the end I'll have to nudge anyway if I really feel I need to.

It makes sense only when I am reamping two times the same track with two different rigs and I want those to reamped tracks to be in phase.

It's not crucial for reamping. At least not for me :) I have no interest in reamping the same recording more than once though.

Ok then maybe I am missing something.
    Let's say you record your playing with rig A. rig A will have it's own latency that you basically compensate while playing and SW monitoring in your DAW. So you play it back and it sounds perfectly in time with your click track.

Then you want to reamp that track with rig B. let's say the rig B latency is more than rig A latency. The result will be then a bit off, so you need to nudge items of a certain amount.

Then you repeat this with rig C and the nudge amount will be different and so on...

With constant latency the amount you have to nudge is bigger but always same, regardless the rig you are reamping to. So I can create a beautiful custom action in Reaper that fixes the reamped tracks alignment with one click.

Is this correct or I am talking nosense? ?(?(?(

Constant latency is 5ms AFAIK.

mmh weird, I recorded something with constant latency OFF, then I reamped that track with constant latency ON and I aligned those two tracks until they were perfectly in phase, that's how I got that 162 samples.

But I am thinking maybe this way I am just measuring the difference between those 5ms and the rig instrinsic latency. ?(

BTW, does anyone actually nudge items after reamping or you guys just live with those few more ms due to reamping?

This sounds very useful. I have been wondering this myself when reamping, and although I use constant latency, I am not quite sure what it does. Would you mind explaining a bit more what you're talking about?

Each rig has it's own latency depending on it's complexity. When you reamp, you want the latency to be fixed in order to avoid phasing issues.
    So constant latency will make every rig "slow" as the slowest possible, so they are all "slow" but all same.

Hello,
    I think I understand what constant latency does and why it is crucial for reamping,
    After reamping I assume I have to compensate for this latency in my DAW

The KPA operates at 44.1 kHz, so I wonder how many samples is it exactly?

Cheers,
    Salvo.

EDIT: Alright, I try to answer myself, seems to be 162 samples (3,673 ms) from what I can measure in Reaper so after reamping one should nudge items right of this amount assuming 44.1kHz sampling rate (that is, unless you have sample rate converter in between)